The Fat Beauty Diary - Start Weight 24st 1lbs // Goal Weight 15st ( 1 Stone Down )

I think you are extremely brave. I really want to do this but am such a wuss.
You will really appreciate having them in a few months time. You look a very similar shape to me ... you must be taller though. This is only going to be your body shape for a short while longer and then this is all you will have to remind yourself how far you have come. I completely understand why you feel like crying as I feel the same but you are already well on your way to changing your life and you know this. Stay positive and remember that you are inspirational.

X

Not much of a poster on this but I read a lot of threads, just read yours from the very beginning and it's amazing....well done on your amazing weight loss so far!! You have some serious willpower and I'm really looking forward to keeping up to date on your journey. I don't know how you do it!

I'm 26 and started at a v high weight too, 21st10lbs. My weight loss has been v slow and has completely stalled in the past year..have only lost 7lbs in the last 6 months. I currently weigh 256lbs and have done since January and finding it impossible to shift any more which I know it crazy but I am ridiculously easily tempted...think I'm just a real food addict with no willpower.

Well done for putting up the pics too, you should be proud. I put some up too but no headshots for me as I'm a scaredy cat. Hopefully being relatively young will be on our side with the weight loss.

Anyway, I just wanted to know that I'm LOVING your diary and hopefully you're great work will help motivate me a little:)

Attachments

• 20140702_213643.jpg
    20140702_213643.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 400
So I don't think there is a good time to post ones picture when they started, But, I'm not going to lie, I've just had james measure me and I've just taken a look at the pictures I took the other morning and I actually had a lil cry. I mean, I know I'm big, Hell OBESE but... seeing it like this, Was just a bit of a tug on the ole heart strings.

Thankfully I'm doing something about it but.. God if this isn't a good motivational picture, I don't know what is.

Start weight 24 stone 1lbs , Current weight 22stone 11lbs I don't currently have any measurements from when I started so I'm going to use these as a starting point for here on out..

Neck - 18
Middle of my upper arms - R=16.9 / L=17
Underbust holding boobs up -49.4
Waist - 49.4
Widest part between my waist and hips - 61.9
Hips - 54.8
Middle of my thighs - R= 30.2 // L= 30.2

Can't believe I'm doing this... *takes a deep breath and clicks post*

Wow well done you :) it takes a lot to post pictures your not happy with , you are so brave its inspirational u will achieve everything you set your mind too hunny and one day look back on those photos and realise how far you have come :) much love x

Not much of a poster on this but I read a lot of threads, just read yours from the very beginning and it's amazing....well done on your amazing weight loss so far!! You have some serious willpower and I'm really looking forward to keeping up to date on your journey. I don't know how you do it! I'm 26 and started at a v high weight too, 21st10lbs. My weight loss has been v slow and has completely stalled in the past year..have only lost 7lbs in the last 6 months. I currently weigh 256lbs and have done since January and finding it impossible to shift any more which I know it crazy but I am ridiculously easily tempted...think I'm just a real food addict with no willpower. Well done for putting up the pics too, you should be proud. I put some up too but no headshots for me as I'm a scaredy cat. Hopefully being relatively young will be on our side with the weight loss. Anyway, I just wanted to know that I'm LOVING your diary and hopefully you're great work will help motivate me a little:)

Well done for being brave and posting your picture, I am sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, what food and exercise plan do you follow? X

Morning lovely xx
Haven't been round much this weekend, life happens I guess.......but I've come bk to see your photo post and hv to say 1) you're beautiful 2) you're brave as hell & 3) you should feel so blooming proud of your journey so far & you're clearly so determined to do this xxx

We've all cried about how we look at some point or another, let it out x but at the same time, remember you're now doing something about it.......and seeing results!!!

Hv a fab week hun, let's do this!!! XLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Love your new avatar hun, Though I loved seeing your face :p I technically have 175 to use each week as I get 25 a day due to my weight etc so I'm sure it will even out haha :) xx

Just curious as to what plan you're following as I'm wondering why you get 25 syns a day I started at 22st 7lbs and have always been on 105. Just want to make sure you're right about this so it doesn't effect your loss.

Well done for posting those pics Hun you're so brave , I think sometimes you have to be emotional about it otherwise you don't have the motivation if you know what I mean? You're beautiful girl don't forget that - I'd rather have your face than my weight any day :) xxx

woo this is going to be a long reply post as so many of you left some amazing words <3

Well done for posting, you will probably notice a difference even in a few weeks and it's a great idea to take pics and measurements. Lovely underwear too haha! :) xxx

Thanks for commenting Danni :) I guess the rest is up to me really, Just keep on with the diet, and later on down the line take pictures again and look to see If I can see a difference :) hahaha thanks! :p xxx

Lucie - you brave brave girl. Dont cry hun, why should you ? Maybe its not the pic you were looking for but thats you - and we all like you how you are. Your BF likes and loves you how you are. Yourself love yourself as you are. Look at your post in your blog. Do not let photos to get you down.
I have plenty photos like this, but not brave enough to post it into internet. Those photos will be your stones. Every time you lose little weight you can do new photos and see if you can notice difference and I promise you - you will see difference one day. All you need to do - is wait that day to come =) it will hun
As you know our starting weight is almost the same. few pounds difference. You starting photos look way better then mine. Honest. Its not so bad as you may think at first. I believe , you will be pleased with your after photos =) Look at yourself hun, you dont have huge legs or hips , not have you huge arms. This is all into you advantage, you are young- your skin is young and will pull back nicely. I promise you - when you have another 2,5 stones and you will compare photos then , you will be amazed And its only few weeks away ( ok, maybe few more then few ) - Buy Christmas you will be more hot, sexy and beautiful young women you are . So dont you dare to cry over something that you will never ever see on photos ever again. Smile girl and world will smile back to you

Thanks Rita <3 I think I cried because I was ashamed, I talk a good game about being body confident and loving the skin I'm in when in reality I only love it when I can cover it, when clothes can smooth over my wobbly bits and taking those pictures I was just gobsmacked, When was the last time I'd actually looked at myself naked in the mirror and not breathed in, just stood there with it all out so to speak. I was horrified. It certainly made me glad I was on this journey. I may love myself but I think I loved myself a little less yesterday after I saw those pictures. I know this was the first stepping stone, taking my before picture and I can only hope with every photo I take after it will look better than this one and I know it will :)

Love that " by Christmas you will be more hot sexy and beautiful " Thats certainly something to hold onto and look forward too :p Thank you so so much Rita, For taking the time to write such a lovely comment <3 It means the world to me xxx

You are so brave for doing this so well done to you, don't cry my lovely, you are starting a new stage in your life x

I have taken pictures of me now and was also upset but I see this as a useful motivation tool now x

Thanks Starfish, I think it will be a useful tool too, just had to get over the initial thought like, Jee whiz I really am big ya know? Only I can get rid of the lbs and stones so onwards and downwards :) xxx Hope your meds have kicked in, I'll pop by your thread a lil later and send you some love <3 xx

I think you are extremely brave. I really want to do this but am such a wuss.
You will really appreciate having them in a few months time. You look a very similar shape to me ... you must be taller though. This is only going to be your body shape for a short while longer and then this is all you will have to remind yourself how far you have come. I completely understand why you feel like crying as I feel the same but you are already well on your way to changing your life and you know this. Stay positive and remember that you are inspirational.

X

Hi lovely, I'm glad I did it, I wouldn't say I feel vindicated or anything, It's lovely getting so many beautiful comments granted, But I think it was just another hurdle I had to jump over to carry on with my loss. Starting the diet was one thing, but Acceptance of my current size, and using it as a tool to help me shred this fat off. I'm 5'3 and looking at your profile it says you're 5'5 so I'm actually a little shorter than you :p Thanks for your lovely message hun, Lets stay positive and inspirational together :) xxxx

Not much of a poster on this but I read a lot of threads, just read yours from the very beginning and it's amazing....well done on your amazing weight loss so far!! You have some serious willpower and I'm really looking forward to keeping up to date on your journey. I don't know how you do it!

I'm 26 and started at a v high weight too, 21st10lbs. My weight loss has been v slow and has completely stalled in the past year..have only lost 7lbs in the last 6 months. I currently weigh 256lbs and have done since January and finding it impossible to shift any more which I know it crazy but I am ridiculously easily tempted...think I'm just a real food addict with no willpower.

Well done for putting up the pics too, you should be proud. I put some up too but no headshots for me as I'm a scaredy cat. Hopefully being relatively young will be on our side with the weight loss.

Anyway, I just wanted to know that I'm LOVING your diary and hopefully you're great work will help motivate me a little

Well firstly, Hi beauty, And thankyou for taking the time to post despite not being much of a poster, It means more than you know! Read it from the beginning! Thats some dedication lol, I daren't read it all haha, would take you a good while :p I think if I'm honest, I draw alot of willpower and strength from the forums, I see others journey both people who weigh more than me and less and I see them shredding stones and I get motivated reading their posts about going on walks or eating a certain healthy meal and I wanna do the same, So I comment and make contact and next thing you know I'm writing posts about what I'm doing and then others are commenting on mine like you've done and its that circle of life haha, Their inspiring me and I'm inspiring you and than you will inspire someone else and in the end, its a whole forum of people inspiring and being inspired and that is the recipe for determination for me. I get excited about setting mini goals, I think about winning slimmer of the week in my meeting and I get excited that I get to run on here and for lack of a better word, Show off that I lost 8.5lbs in a week because everyone single person that reads it on here will know how hard I worked to get that, How much effort went into food preperation and sticking to the diet etc and when they come and give me a pat on the back and tell me well done and show that support, how could I not want to do it all over again next week? ya know? :)

haha I'm sure it sounds silly to you, but i'd kill to be YOUR weight, and I'd kill to have YOUR figure. I'd wear a bikini to the pool if I had your figure. We can all be someones inspiration and not know it :p

What diet are you following? have you thought about starting a mini thread to jot down your meals, let members gee you on. I'd certainly give it some thought as it could give you that wheelpower and determination you need to lose the weight :)

xxxxx

Wow well done you it takes a lot to post pictures your not happy with , you are so brave its inspirational u will achieve everything you set your mind too hunny and one day look back on those photos and realise how far you have come much love x

Hi Kim <3 Thanks so much for commenting lovely, I can't wait till that day comes when I can post new pictures after I've lost more weight and to the point where you can easily noticed a difference. THAT day is worth working so so hard for. Thankyou so so much Kim :) xxxx

Morning lovely xx
Haven't been round much this weekend, life happens I guess.......but I've come bk to see your photo post and hv to say 1) you're beautiful 2) you're brave as hell & 3) you should feel so blooming proud of your journey so far & you're clearly so determined to do this xxx

We've all cried about how we look at some point or another, let it out x but at the same time, remember you're now doing something about it.......and seeing results!!!

Hv a fab week hun, let's do this!!! XLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning Gorgeous! Hope you have had a lovely weekend! Yes life does happen and we have to enjoy it :) 1. Thankyou very much and 2 + 3, I am pretty proud of what I've done so far, and I AM determined, The only way forward is to lose weight, No going back now. There are far too many gorgeous skimpy thongs and lovely clothes to buy when I get my new body :p Have a lovely week do babe, Going to pop over and give your thred some love, Don't think I have yet! being a bad friend there! <3 xxxx

Just curious as to what plan you're following as I'm wondering why you get 25 syns a day I started at 22st 7lbs and have always been on 105. Just want to make sure you're right about this so it doesn't effect your loss.

I hun, The lady who holds my meeting told me I got 25 syns, even wrote it in my book. I'm not sure what the cut off period is, I started at 24 st 1lbs, She told me in the meeting they will always refer to it as 15 and for me to not tell the others but I thought Id say it on here just incase someone else saw it and thought they could have 25 ya know? I must admit I dont think any of the days I've had my full 25 aside yesterday and I did put on a pound this morning according to my scales so I think when I go in next wednesday I'll ask her to double check as I've obviously lost weight aswell now, it might have gone down. I figured she would tell me when it goes down so didn't even think about that till now! Thanks for questioning it! haha :) xx

Well done for posting those pics Hun you're so brave , I think sometimes you have to be emotional about it otherwise you don't have the motivation if you know what I mean? You're beautiful girl don't forget that - I'd rather have your face than my weight any day xxx

Hi babe, I think you are right, It's because the pics upset me, they will give me strength to do better and work harder to lose the weight. You are so lovely, haha, Having your figure is like my goal so I'd be happy to trade this face for that body any day :p It's all relative though, I think we all hate the skin we're in sometimes, We can all want to change things :)

mwah xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You will get to your goal my lovely, just imagine next summer , you'll be like a totally different size!
It really tugged my heart strings when you said you cried.. I look at your posts & IG account & just wish that I had your confidence and attitude about life, I felt jealous (in an inspirational way, like "I wish I was like her") and then to hear that you'd been so upset made me sad , I guess I forgot that we're all human and you're right, everyone wants to change things about themselves, I think we just need to be happy with the journey and I'm so happy that I have such lovely people like you and binkybonk to keep me going.
Lots of love xxxx

Lucie first of all OMG you are so brave posting your before pictures. You should not be crying I'm telling you with the way you are attacking SW as getting into it and with your results I bet in a few weeks time if you took the same pictures again you will notice a massive difference. I wish I had before pictures right from when I started but I don't I just have ones from about a stone in and I have clothes on. I hide my body pretty well I've always wore baggy clothes etc but I find now as the weight is going down I can wear different things so it's great.
You are such a inspiration to people on here including me. I love reading your diary x

Hi I've just logged in after being missing from this site for about 4 years.

I was SO GLAD to find this thread!

I don't feel I have much in common with those who have only half a stone to lose. Trying to lose 100lb (my first goal) or ten stone (my second) is a totally different thing and is deadly serious and life changing, and requires an incredible amount of determination, sustained for years not weeks.

I'm also glad to see you are in the UK. (I am near Hastings Sussex). I've tried buddying up with or reading the food logs of our American cousins but it just leaves me frustrated as a lot of the foods they have are not available here.

I'm calorie counting, but I am sure we can help one another by swapping food ideas. I'm keeping a food intake log on MyFitnessPal. Are you? If so can we buddy up and read each other's food logs?

So I wish you the best of luck, Beauty. You are indeed a beauty, those first pics on your first posting prove it!

Last edited:
You will get to your goal my lovely, just imagine next summer , you'll be like a totally different size!
It really tugged my heart strings when you said you cried.. I look at your posts & IG account & just wish that I had your confidence and attitude about life, I felt jealous (in an inspirational way, like "I wish I was like her") and then to hear that you'd been so upset made me sad , I guess I forgot that we're all human and you're right, everyone wants to change things about themselves, I think we just need to be happy with the journey and I'm so happy that I have such lovely people like you and binkybonk to keep me going.
Lots of love xxxx

AHHMUHHHGUDDDD lol Tear jerker or what lol.. Just sent you a lil snapchat as I KNOW YOU LOVE SNAPCHAT AND MY FACE :p

I will get to my goal, wanna know why? Because I wont stop till I do, Doesn't matter how long it takes me, I didn't get fat over night, Can you imagine in a year what I'll weigh if I keep going? The only person that will stop me is me and I dont wanna get in my own way anymore! :D

I do a really really good job of showing that I dont give a crap, and honestly, most of the time I dont and I'm pretty happy rocking up with my confidence all sassy like WHAT WHATTTT! But even I have my low days and seeing those pictures, It was just a bit of a smack in the face I think, I have a good life and I'd like to think a pretty awesome personality, A job, A family and a boyfriend and some amazing friends, I now have all of you guys on here that support me literally EVERYDAY just because I've typed what food I'm stuffing in my gob, hahaha I don't think you guys realise just how lucky I feel to have such great support from you all :)

I can only hope you guys continue to support me and follow me and comment and keep me going because it seriously means the world.

now BRB because I have to redo my mascara because this has got me all emosh hahahaha b*tch :p xxx

Lucie first of all OMG you are so brave posting your before pictures. You should not be crying I'm telling you with the way you are attacking SW as getting into it and with your results I bet in a few weeks time if you took the same pictures again you will notice a massive difference. I wish I had before pictures right from when I started but I don't I just have ones from about a stone in and I have clothes on. I hide my body pretty well I've always wore baggy clothes etc but I find now as the weight is going down I can wear different things so it's great.
You are such a inspiration to people on here including me. I love reading your diary x

AHHH lol Such a lovely comment lol You guys are gonna make me cry all day :p Do you have a long way to go to reach your target? Why not take some now? I'm a stone in and almost 4 weeks in, but I've got another like 9 stone + to lose so I'm sure with every stone my shape will alter slightly :) I know what you mean, I hide my body pretty well too, I'm a master at it if I'm honest and I think that was why I initially was so upset with seeing the photos. There were no leggings to smooth over my cellulite, No flattering top to boost my boobs and flatten my tummy, It was me, As I was and if I'm honest, I was disgusted.

Being thought of as an inspiration and knowing people are reading my diary is just one more tool that helps me keep on track so I'm so so glad :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi I've just logged in after being missing from this site for about 4 years.

I was SO GLAD to find this thread!

I don't feel I have much in common with those who have only half a stone to lose. Trying to lose 100lb (my first goal) or ten stone (my second) is a totally different thing and is deadly serious and life changing, and requires an incredible amount of determination, sustained for years not weeks.

I'm also glad to see you are in the UK. (I am near Hastings Sussex). I've tried buddying up with or reading the food logs of our American cousins but it just leaves me frustrated as a lot of the foods they have are not available here.

I'm calorie counting, but I am sure we can help one another by swapping food ideas. I'm keeping a food intake log on MyFitnessPal. Are you? If so can we buddy up and read each other's food logs?

So I wish you the best of luck, Beauty. You are indeed a beauty, those first pics on your first posting prove it!

Hi Helena, Happy to have you here, Thanks for taking the time to comment! I am indeed in the UK, In Sutton in surrey ,I'm always on here, I don't use MFP though I used too, But I do all my tacking and posting on this site so if you have a thread here I'd deffo follow and would do my best to keep up with your updates and comment on them as often as possible :) lol I think its great when you find someone who has a similar goal as you can both motivate each other :)

I too wish you the best of luck lovely :) Thank you very much for the lovely compliments, Those first pics where I'm wearing clothes and I've got my hair done and makeup all nice are nice pics but the latest ones I posted show me for who I am without hiding behind that and its THOSE pictures I'm most excited to change :D

xxxx

I hun, The lady who holds my meeting told me I got 25 syns, even wrote it in my book. I'm not sure what the cut off period is, I started at 24 st 1lbs, She told me in the meeting they will always refer to it as 15 and for me to not tell the others but I thought Id say it on here just incase someone else saw it and thought they could have 25 ya know? I must admit I dont think any of the days I've had my full 25 aside yesterday and I did put on a pound this morning according to my scales so I think when I go in next wednesday I'll ask her to double check as I've obviously lost weight aswell now, it might have gone down. I figured she would tell me when it goes down so didn't even think about that till now! Thanks for questioning it! haha :) xx

Yeah double check because right now you're lighter than my starting weight and as I said I have never had 25 syns and I started SW at a group so had I been allowed 25 I would have been told I'm sure. Just don't want 25 syn allowance to hinder your weight loss at any point. TBH I have never heard of anyone having more than 15 syns...it's a weird one lol

So I don't think there is a good time to post ones picture when they started, But, I'm not going to lie, I've just had james measure me and I've just taken a look at the pictures I took the other morning and I actually had a lil cry. I mean, I know I'm big, Hell OBESE but... seeing it like this, Was just a bit of a tug on the ole heart strings.

Thankfully I'm doing something about it but.. God if this isn't a good motivational picture, I don't know what is.

Start weight 24 stone 1lbs , Current weight 22stone 11lbs I don't currently have any measurements from when I started so I'm going to use these as a starting point for here on out..

Neck - 18
Middle of my upper arms - R=16.9 / L=17
Underbust holding boobs up -49.4
Waist - 49.4
Widest part between my waist and hips - 61.9
Hips - 54.8
Middle of my thighs - R= 30.2 // L= 30.2

Fatbeutyx+before+pictures.png

Can't believe I'm doing this... *takes a deep breath and clicks post*

I absolutely admire you for this babe, honestly you are so brave. Many of us could never have the courage to post anything like this but you've probably inspired a lot of people to do so. You are doing something about it, there are plenty of people out there who sit in denial day in day out but you have stepped up and decided to change your life. I know it seems like a long road ahead but it's not a race, 1lb a week for a year is 52lbs... you could do that in 6 months if you knuckle down, meaning you could do 104lbs in 1 year, imagine that??!
You're going to look fab chick, I am so excited to 'watch' you get closer to goal and feel happier along the way. You can absolutely do it and you know you can. xxxxxx

Day 26

B- 2 X Alpen Light bars (6syns), Raspberries with a Strawberry Muller Fruitopolis (0.5 syns)

L- 2 X Brown Roll (HEXB) with Butter (4syns) WW Cheese (HEXA) Ham, Tomato, Cucumber and Salad cream (2syn)

D-Ainsly Harriet Mushroom Cous cous (7 syns) with Loads of veg ( asda stirfry veg ) and soy sauce with some egg fried in.

Aim to have Green Tea with each meal & I have a free Chicken Mugshot for a snack later if I need it :)

Total syns used for the day = 12.5

Last edited:
Day 26

B- 2 X Alpen Light bars, Raspberries with a Strawberry Muller Fruitopolis (0.5 syns)

L- 2 X Brown Roll (HEXB) with Butter (4syns) WW Cheese (HEXA) Ham, Tomato, Cucumber and Salad cream (2syn)

D-Ainsly Harriet Mushroom Cous cous (7 syns) with Loads of veg ( asda stirfry veg ) and soy sauce with some egg fried in.

Aim to have Green Tea with each meal & I have a free Chicken Mugshot for a snack later if I need it :)

Total syns used for the day = 12.5

Morning Lucie. Wanted to ask what plan you follow ? EE ? Why Im asking is you have alphen bar for breakfast and later you have bread roll as HEB
If you on EE you should syn one oh em. As you can have HEB only once.

Morning Lucie. Wanted to ask what plan you follow ? EE ? Why Im asking is you have alphen bar for breakfast and later you have bread roll as HEB
If you on EE you should syn one oh em. As you can have HEB only once.

AHHH Well Spotted!!! Not with it today at all! I haven't been having the bread rolls for lunch so I've automatically counted the alpen bars as my HEXB, Was so excited to bring some rolls to work aa different hexb I still brought the alpen lights with me out of habit!

Day 26

B- 2 X Alpen Light bars(6syns), Raspberries with a Strawberry Muller Fruitopolis (0.5 syns)

Total syns used for the day = 18.5

Will go back and edit the post now! Thanks so much hunny :) xxx

Well done my brave little solidier :) for sharing your pics... I wish i had done them at the beginning. :( i am not so brave. I dare say you have inspired others to do the same. Which is a good thing. You are doing so well, with both the diet and now your WALKING.... U go girl! There is no stopping you.
So proud of you :) xx

Back