The fat is back

hellloooO!!! Paula!
just here to say just that and to check up on you and sam. :p

i know i've been in some contact on Facebook but just figured i would attempt to say hello here...just wanted to peek at the tickers and the photos.

you are doing so well. ((also, i'm please to read that you and the family are safe)). its all so tragic. i can only imagine the feeling in the air in your country today.

as i was telling same before, im really looking forward to restarting CD/ss after the baby is here (or after i nurse). i desperately miss the feeling of being being 5 stone lighter.

anyways, little man beckons. you take care of you. and good luck with the last few pounds!
xoox candice

Hello Candice,

So lovely, lovely to hear from you, really miss you loads on here. How are you and the 'pea' doing? How's Mr. Fynn, I really hope that you're all doing great. Candice, you look like you've put absolutely no weight on at all, your avatar looks fabulous, you look absolutely stunning! There's another friend on here, Saraloveswelshcobs that is preggers too. She's about three and a half months now I think.

How did your trip home go, was everyone all so in awe?

Again, fab to hear from you....

Love to you

Not much news from my end here. I'm at home this weekend doing my assignment.....I'm such a waster, always leaving everything to the last mi nute then stressing myself out trying to get it done.....ah well, guess I'll never change eh!

My beloved i-phone has gone loopy and is rejecting my sim. Had to take it in to get repaired today, 'cos it's a tad illegal (i-phones are not officially on sale here in China at the moment, all the phones that are here are bought from elsewhere and 'unlocked' here so as to put normal sims in them) it's probably gonna cost a fortune. When I was home at Christmas, I contemplated buying an 8 pound phone from Asda. Over the past couple of years, I've always bought really funky, (ie, expensive) phones, and I've always had loads of problems with them.....ah well, to be a material girl!!!!

Tried a really beautiful dress on yesterday, didn't buy it though as hubby said it was too expensive, (in the market, so had to bargain) but he said he'd go back without me in a day or two to buy it without me in tow....prices are always higher for 'laowai'(foreigners).

Better be getting my princess to bed now and I think I'm gonna get a bottle of vino to share with hubby after she's gone to nod!

Love to you all

I don't trust iphones. Something about them just looks...very breakable! I have a Sony W700i which I got free from a mate after I got my own phone drunk (funny story involving a full pint, a suite jacket pocket and wanting to take said pint from the pub) and the thing is indestructible. I did bugger the screen up once but got another from ebay for about £12 and fitted it using instructions I found online :D

How long have you been out in Beijing for Paula?? and do you speak Chinese?? My ex was out in Bangkok for 6months and he could barter so well - they called us ferangs - foreigners(sp??).
Hope you get your dress!

Weigh in this morning, after a week of up and down (if I could just get 1 week of ss under my belt I'd probably be at goal...grrrrrr.....I 790,binge, ss, 790, binge, ss and have thus 'maintained' that way for the past month....is this mne for the rest of my life?:rolleyes:) I have gone down a couple of pound, not sure how many yet as I can't see my ticker....now 70.3 kgs or 154.66 lbs/11stone and 1/2 pound :eek::eek::eek:

Let me lose that 5 kg.....really, a week next week of ss.....really

I don't trust iphones. Something about them just looks...very breakable! I have a Sony W700i which I got free from a mate after I got my own phone drunk (funny story involving a full pint, a suite jacket pocket and wanting to take said pint from the pub) and the thing is indestructible. I did bugger the screen up once but got another from ebay for about £12 and fitted it using instructions I found online :D

I think it's fixed, costing about 20 pounds...not as bad as I thought....and I do love it!:cool:

I'm loving your new avatar btw!

How long have you been out in Beijing for Paula?? and do you speak Chinese?? My ex was out in Bangkok for 6months and he could barter so well - they called us ferangs - foreigners(sp??).
Hope you get your dress!

Hiya Bev, I've been in Beijing for almost 6 years, in China for 10. I speak Chinese and I love bargaining - pretty good at it for a Laowai too! (got the dress today for a tenner or there abouts.....they were asking for 50!)

Thanks for dropping by Bev,hope your having a fab weekend!

I think it's fixed, costing about 20 pounds...not as bad as I thought....and I do love it!:cool:

I'm loving your new avatar btw!

Was my first picture took in my new - all smaller - uniform. So was desperate to show it off :rolleyes:

Just watch new footage of a police-woman who has been working since Monday to try save any remaining survivors from the quake.....she's 28, her parents, grand-parents and daughter were all killed in the quake and she hasn't slept since Monday.....she looks like she's dying on her feet, but she's still going....I feel so useless....and I'm sat here with streeaming eyes....I can't watch anymore

Just watch new footage of a police-woman who has been working since Monday to try save any remaining survivors from the quake.....she's 28, her parents, grand-parents and daughter were all killed in the quake and she hasn't slept since Monday.....she looks like she's dying on her feet, but she's still going....I feel so useless....and I'm sat here with streeaming eyes....I can't watch anymore

It is so sad and tragic - have read about it on the internet .... must be so much worse for you out there.

A very emotional day yesterday....after a very late night watching news reports on Sunday night, I was feeling very tired and sad yesterday morning. My secretary Annie started talking to me about the quake and some of the news reports and I couldn't hold myself back, I just lost it emotional and the tears stung so hard....
....at 2:28pm yesterday afternoon, exactly one week after the earthquake hit Sichuan province, a school ful of 1 to 6 year old sat in a circle, holding hands. Not a sound could be heard as these little people paid their respect to the tens of thousands of lives that were lost and the millions who have been affected by this tragic disaster......
.....1 to 6 year olds, our future, sat....no-one needed to ask them to be quiet, no-one had to say a word....they just knew...solemn faces.....wise

.....1 to 6 year olds...........

I spent the whole time in floods of tears, partly through the sadness that could be felt allover China, and partly through pride that these little people are going to be our World's leaders some day, at this very tender age, they are already so much wiser than any adult could ever pretend to be.....

......Eyes watching, at the close of our three minutes silence, a 6 year old boy whispered, 'are you OK,Paula? Don't be sad, it will be OK?' His hug made me shatter again.....

......this Saturday we will hold a Children's Art Exhibition and Auction, we explained to the children and one little boy drew a picture of a helicopter with a rope ladder, two rescue workers stood at the bottom of the ladder,a small child lay on the floor. All of the trees and houses had fallen down......

.....Another picture of houses and trees, all with squiggly lines through them, red love hearts filled the air....when we asked the little boy said..'this is my love going to all of the people who were hurt'......

.......LIVE FOR TODAY.....

.......LOVE FOR TODAY.......

I am honestly sat in my office in tears, we dont know how lucky we are.

.....on a lighter note...

sorry for all that doom and gloom that was yesterday. What's the point of sadness? It helps noone. Action is what is gonna help those that are left now!

Love to you all....may you always be safe!

A jump on the scales this morning saw me at my lowest ever at 68.7....yippeeee....hope that it either stays that way or goes lower by WI on Sunday. I've been kind of 790'ing, so I'm very happy about losses so far!

Had a lovely weekend at the seaside. We decided to go late on Friday night (the decision was made then, we didn't go then). We had a children's Art Exhibition and auction with proceeds going to the earthquake relief. Fantastic response with 20 paintings being sold and almost 14,000 RMB (1000 pounds) being raised for the cause.....again very emotional to see the love that everyone was so openly wanting and needing to share.

Went to Beidehe, about a three hour drive from Beijing for the rest of the weekend, really lovely, played on the beach and wore a kind of bikini for the first time in years, but after seeing the photos, it will probably be the last!:eek:....Saggy skin galore!

Weigh in this week takes me to just 5.5 pounds off goal....whooot, whooot.....6 lb loss last week....

Current weight....67.5 kgs or 10 stone 8

Yeahhhhhh

Bought my ball dress, really lovely, shall take lots of pics on the day to show you all.

Love to you all

Congratulations Paula. And hope you are ok it is bad enough seeing everything on TV but being so near must be far far worse

irene xx

Back