The fat is back

love it love it love it!!!!!! You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you, you're so vain! lol.

Hey Paula! Just wanted to drop by and say "DA IAWN" and llongyfarchiadau for the amazing pics :D:D

Thank you, thank you, thank you girls.....
......still alive, busy, busy, busy....put on a little weight, went up to 70.2 on Monday morning, absolutely and horrifically stupidly drunk at the weekend, may have had something to do with slight water retention, back below the 70's this morning.....my goal for the rest of my life, not to be over 70kgs or 11 stone for more than 1 week.....I think I can do it!

Very quick post....will be back in lovely Wales next week.....hurrahhh!!!

Hi Paula
I just messaged you on facebook, but I have to say, after spending the past 2 hours :eek: reading your journal, many many congratulations on your successful journey. Thankyou for your inspiring account of your journey.
xx
Oh and by the way, it is so romantic at how much you and your hubby love each other. :)

:)

take care not to overdo the alcohol too much :p

We went on a ladies night 5 course meal and wine tasting night for our end of school year celebrations, apparently I drank exactly the same as everyone else except for finishing off with two glasses of red (the rest had been white)......omg, I never want to see wine again!!! Such a thing when all your staff get you so drunk that the boss can't make it to school the next day!!!:eek:

Hi Paula
I just messaged you on facebook, but I have to say, after spending the past 2 hours :eek: reading your journal, many many congratulations on your successful journey. Thankyou for your inspiring account of your journey.
xx
Oh and by the way, it is so romantic at how much you and your hubby love each other. :)

Hi Clarri, thanks for such a lovely message, I was going to message you back on facebook last night but our broadband was playing up and I just gave up in the end!

Come and drop by often, I don't update as much as I should anymore, but it's always nice to chat with others! Do you have a diary?

What can I do? I'm so sad, disappointed, f**ked off and generally raging with Xiao Zhou. Since I stopped losing (have been at 69kgs for the past couple of months now) he has made a few remarks, mostly about my flabby arms and belly.....
....it destroys me to hear the remarks, but for the most part I just laugh with him when he make his 'jokes'. However, we had a huge argument about two weeks ago, mostly about this problem, he reckons that I am too vain and am always looking at myself and at photos of myself....I retoted that if he made nicer comments and congratulated me on my loss instead of just picking at the bad bits, I might not have to look at myself so much...I might already believe that I look pretty good....

.....the argument settled, we both made our peace and up to today everything has been pretty good...until a few minutes ago, he calculated my BMI on some website that he found...23.4 I think....pretty good compared to where I started out I think, but as well as the calculation, a remark of <translated from Chinese> 'your not slim and should visit our site to find out how we can help you', 'Uh, huh' I tried not to react, until he laughed and the third time of telling me 'But you're not slim' had me raging.....sad......what am I to do?

OMG the cheeky F****r!!!!!! How dare he?!?!?! YOU ARE SLIM, YOU ARE SLIM, YOU ARE SLIM!!!!! And gorgeous and beautiful!!!!!

He's just jealous and probably worried that you are VERY attractive to the opposite sex. It's his insecurity honey, i know it's hard but try not to let it get to you!!

When you coming home?!?!?!?!

You're gonna have to sit him down and tell him outright that what he is saying is not funny and is deeply hurtful.

It is a guy thing, sometimes we think we are being funny with a female but are saying things you do not find funny. Luckily I have enough girl mates to know about this so know that a simple, straight and honest word with him should do the trick.

The other 2 are so right. And especially the comment about men and their "jokes". But he needs to be told that your journey is never going to end, but you need support and encouragement for how BLOODY WELL you have done!!! For godsake, what is it with men with their inability to give a straightforward compliment without retracting it a little. You have done so so so fabulously, and (dont mean this the way it sounds :eek:) but no-one is perfect, (I bet even he isnt!!!lol), and no one is ever going to be perfect, but you have shown that you care about how you look and feel, and its not fair of him to be trying to bring you back down, hell girl, why shouldnt you be looking in the mirror and at pictures of yourself, you have worked so hard to get to where you are and you should be looking at the result and jumping for joy, and he should be there with you. Feck your tummy, isnt it nice to have a reminder of how you carried your baby!!! You look absolutely fantastic, and you are one of the people on here that has made me think that I CAN do it, so not only have you got your weight loss, you also have the fact that you are an inspiration.
Please keep smiling, you deserve it.
:hug99:
xxx

aww hun huge huge hugs
I think he needs a damn good slap with a wet kipper
huge hugs again

What can I do? I'm so sad, disappointed, f**ked off and generally raging with Xiao Zhou. Since I stopped losing (have been at 69kgs for the past couple of months now) he has made a few remarks, mostly about my flabby arms and belly.....
....it destroys me to hear the remarks, but for the most part I just laugh with him when he make his 'jokes'. However, we had a huge argument about two weeks ago, mostly about this problem, he reckons that I am too vain and am always looking at myself and at photos of myself....I retoted that if he made nicer comments and congratulated me on my loss instead of just picking at the bad bits, I might not have to look at myself so much...I might already believe that I look pretty good....

.....the argument settled, we both made our peace and up to today everything has been pretty good...until a few minutes ago, he calculated my BMI on some website that he found...23.4 I think....pretty good compared to where I started out I think, but as well as the calculation, a remark of <translated from Chinese> 'your not slim and should visit our site to find out how we can help you', 'Uh, huh' I tried not to react, until he laughed and the third time of telling me 'But you're not slim' had me raging.....sad......what am I to do?

You are looking absolutely amazing and a BMI of 23.1 is in the healthy slim range.

I think your OH is looking at the Asian BMI which is much lower .
Here is a site that shows you the Asian BMI.

For Singapore Asians, the study suggests using a BMI of 27.0 as the cutoff for Obesity ( instead of 30 ), and using a Body Mass Index of 21.0 as the cutoff for Overweight ( instead of 25 ), because these values match the same body fat percentages as caucasians.
These values also match the values used in Indonesia.
Singapore's 3 main ethnic groups: Chinese, Malays and Indians have slightly different body fat, body composition differences. The Obesity threshold for Singapore Indians would therefore be 26.

This site has a lot of information on it about BMI Singapore's BMI adjustment for Asian race

Also, you do need to give your skin time to shrink back...toning exercise and massage does help and for what it is worth I think you look fantastic in your photos on the slide show...picture perfect:)

I hope the information above helps.

Love Mini xxx

Hun, remember your roots. You're a tough welshy, don't let him get to you. Easier said than done i know,and having seen a pic of him (facey stalker) it's obvious that he is naturally thin.

You need to sit down and sort this out asap. You look amazing, and i don't care what a BMI calculator says, they're just made up anyway!!

Paid a poeni, love you lots gorgeous xxx

Thank you to everyone who has dropped by and helped me so much.....I know that Xiao Zhou is so very proud of what I have done, and we have had a long talk....I just need him NEVER, EVER, EVER TO MENTION MY WOBBLY BITS, EVER, EVER AGAIN:mad::mad::mad:

It's bad enough that even at a size 12, when I go to many a shop, they giggle and say that I they don't have clothes big enough for me (imagine their reaction when I was a size 24).....it's true, compared to most east Asian ladies, I am a 'larger lady', but I know that I'm doing OK now, I know I could do with losing a little more off my belly (it just doesn't go that way though and my already scrawny neck and chest get even scrawnier:(), I know I need to exercise....and I guess, knowing all of this means I'm slightly more sensitive to any comments made about these imperfections.

The thing is, since I've lost all this weight, Xiao Zhou has had his fair share of sh!t-taking too.....people's jokes, he is asked at least once a day 'aren't you afraid that she's gonna leave you?'

Now, Xiao Zhou is my cool-dude rock star...short and skinny, but my absolute dream-boat....I was the one to chase him, so when I hear people say things like this, I just laugh it off, believing that he just does the same too....fact is though, when people say the same thing over and over, no matter how cool and confident you are, it must have some kind of 'rattling' effect....and, I do believe that he too is trying to protect himself.....

Anyhows....I'm packing my bags....two huge suitcases down, bags, shoes, belts and jewellry to go!!!:rolleyes: I usually don't bring any clothes home, prepare myself for a big shop at Evan's.....wooohooohoohoo....feck the wobbly bits....I'm a size 12 and I have a wardrobe of delicious clothes...

....and I love my short and skinny bone-head of a husband:eek:

Hey :)
I know he's your hubbie, but he's being a cheeky tinker!!!
Have you calculated his BMI to see how he fares? ;-)

Hope you have a fab time back here in Wales :) I think I met one of your old school friends on Honeymoon last year (Syran)
Such a small world :)

Are the congestion measures in place for the olympics effecting you at all at the moment or are you outside of the congestion zone?

K xxx

Hey :)
I know he's your hubbie, but he's being a cheeky tinker!!!
Have you calculated his BMI to see how he fares? ;-)

He's slim.....very, very slim.....BMI 19!!!:rolleyes: (I like my men skinny, skinny!!)

Hope you have a fab time back here in Wales :) I think I met one of your old school friends on Honeymoon last year (Syran)
Such a small world :)

OMG...how bizarre, haven't seen Syran in 16 years, linked up on facebook last year though...where do you live Kitty?

Are the congestion measures in place for the olympics effecting you at all at the moment or are you outside of the congestion zone?

K xxx

Oh yeah...we live slap bam down-town Beijing....not too bad though, it started on Sunday, so we could drive Sunday, not on Monday - TAXI! (Eiriana gets so excited when she gets to take a taxi!) drove today, Taxi again tomorrow then we're home on Thursday....

I'm already on hols, so not too much of a problem...when I come back and start back to work I should imagine the problems will begin...rush hour Beijing trying to catch a cab...nightmare!

Thanks for dropping by Kitty....take care

Glad youve talked and sorted things out. As you said, people say stuff that can be threatening to him too. Ah sure, men will always be men, and isnt it nice to know he is a bit possesive, ha ha.
Safe travelling.
xxx

Back