The final stone brigade - join in anytime

I have the fear factor over smaller sizes and getting below a certain weight!! When I see my CDC on Thursday I have got some big issues to talk through with her!! The other day I weighed myself and I was 10 stone and I thought to myself the next time I weigh I will weigh 9 stone something, so I went on a self sabbatage!! Then today I weighed in again at 10 stone and did another self sabbatage!! Dont no what is wrong with me! I though I had sorted my head issues!!

xxx

This sounds just like me. I get below 10st then seem to blow it and end up regaining the last few lbs l've lost, l need to get myself out of this cycle. I definitely feel more confident and am happier when l'm below 10st, just got to work out how to stay there.

Ohhhhh becca your on here too and shannyroo!! Welcome :D

I'm the official member of the 'last pounds are a real f**ker' club

LOL Mrs E - do you want me to change the title to that.

Hang in there ladies. I really struggled at the same point you did. It may because your body has a set point there but if you are eating, it can be the leptin beginning to play with your mind. Google KD and Leptin on here to find out more about it. Leptin is a nasty hormone.

Lol laura :D

thanks for info on leptin

I'm gradually.... Very gradually feeling more and more balanced in my head about how I look (no.1) and what I'm eating (no.2) taken a while though!

Also reeeeeally enjoying food now MORE than before and don't take it for granted anymore. Something like a 'kiwi fruit ' is a big deal
lol

Think I'm gettin there

Wish I could snap my fingers and invent a mirror that talks back at you your weight and just how good you look and does a comparrision to a similar weight person, only then might we believe just how much weight we've lost, as why o why is it the scales we 99'9% rely on??? Argh

have good day folks! X

Now that would be a fabulous invention!

As for that number on the scale, the focus will come off but it may take effort. There's so much focus on this forum on how much we lost each week that it's easy to forget there's more to life than that.

The book Eating Less helped me a lot and as I've maintained for longer, the scales are becoming more of a guide. Lots of other things to take into account like clothes fit or tape measurement, food eaten and density of food, TOTM, and my good old conscience. You'll get there.

kylie - you look totlly fab to me as you are. see the last stone as a bonus, but you really do look amazing girl!

self sabotage is such a cow!!! i do it a lot too, its the fear of losing the weight. its been a security blanket for so long that losing it is hard sometimes. i still refuse to buy smaller clothes, how weird huh?

laura - i have bought the eating less book and cant wait to start reading it.

Mrs E - so gld you are feeling good about the maintaining thing. well done. we can get there ladies!

awwww thanks leeds!! I look ok in clothes its just underwear/naked I look horrible! I am only 24 and have the body of someone much much older!!

I am now stopping the sabbotage!! If I eat one single thing, I am stopping CD! I cant afford £40 per week and put weight on!! I will be 9 stone, I will, I will, I WILL!!!

Hope we are all having a good week!! xxx

This is such a lovely thread. I mustn't get too cosy.

I had loads of fears about losing weight because all the things I'd said I wanted to do, I now 'could' do. And that's when the really hard work began and in some ways it was a bit of a double edged sword because all that stuff I now could do brought up fears in themselves, and that made me want to eat even more so whether I was eating because I was not doing the stuff, or wanting to eat because I was doing the stuff, I had to keep moving forward.

Just another tip if you don't mind. Make sure your goal is realistic. Don't just base your number on your BMI as it doesn't take into account your muscle/fat percentage. I started eating maintenance cals when my BMI was 24 and that was almost six months ago. I knew my body had had enough. I then let my leptin levels balance out a bit and have recently gone down to 23.5 and that largely came from the large amount of exercise I do. There's no way I'd go any lower.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies, I had forgotten about this thread. I'm Gina and I'm doing Exante Working Solution (similar to CD 1000). Got to target last summer but went straight on holiday and lost my way. This time around I wanted to get down a further 7lbs and am now within 9.5lbs of that goal.
Last April I was a tight size 16, today I am size 10s!!!! I would love to say that I feel really good and you can really tell.................. When I've got clothes on I look prettty good, except for the bulge in the front of my jeans where my flabby stomach is, meaning I still have to wear long, loose t shirts or blouses. WIthout my clothes I look awful. I have had 5 kids weighing between 8lb and 10lb and my stomach stretched to an incredible degree and now has no chance of going back. (After the first 3 I more or less managed it but no way now). The worst thing is that now I am slimmer, my stomach hasn't got much fat on it so I have this horrible apron of skin hanging down.
I am really trying to stay positive and fully intend to get down to goal. I have got rid of all clothes above a size 12 and would like to get rid of the 12s in 6 months or so when I can prove my ability to maintain.
I've stepped up the exercise since I started on 1000 and hope this has a positive effect on my appearance.
Will try to remember this thread from now on.

Good luck to all. Gina

I am almost through today!! Feeling the pinch and I really want some chocolate :( !! I am going to bath the kids and get them in bed then have a bath watch eastenders and go bed!! Only way I will make it through 2day! Getting weighed tomorrow so really cant afford to eat!! Moan over!! xxx

PS - Hi Gina!! I feel you on the stomach situation!! Its not made any better by most people I speak to telling me I'd probs get a tummy tuck on the NHS! Why cant friends and family lie and tell me it dont look that bad, lol!! Moan deffo over now xx

ladies!!! not having a good week - had a ss+ day yesterday and ate TOO much chicken - felt sick afterwards and could nto have my final 2 shakes of the day!! havent lost anything this week, my own fault. am cheering myself up by saying that if i sts this week i will at least lose next week. how are you all doing?

Hey leeds, at least you have sts and not gained anything! I am being weighed at 1.30! I'll be fine as long as I have gained nothing :) !! Be back on in about 2 hours 2 update!! xx

good luck!! I weigh on sat so i still have a couple of days to lose.

i am just so struggling this week and on the verge of packing it all in!!!! got easter coming and want a break, and stuff planned for days off - arrrggghhhh. hopefully can lose at least 1lbs by sat!

self sabotage is such a cow!!! i do it a lot too, its the fear of losing the weight. its been a security blanket for so long that losing it is hard sometimes.

this is me as well. I've been losing and regaining the same 3-5 lbs for weeks now
and I think its a security blanket for me as well, just can't see myself as really slim, everytime I get close to getting below 10 stone I have a "blip" and end up above again :sigh:

i am struggling too at the moment. I am feeling weepy too, got weigh in on sat and cant see me making it to there without caving! havent felt this bad in ages! been surfing the boards to keep occupied and feel inspired but just feel like I NEED A BREAK FROM CD.

but i know its not the diet, its me, my mindset and own frustration. sorry to whinge everyone!

Aargh.The kids made Oreo cookie truffles last night. Of course, I had to try one. Not too much of a problem, but..... today I have finished off the leftover biscuits, had a couple of Go Ahead yogurt slice thingies, and feel really fed up with myself. Thought I was feeling strong for these last few pounds but I really need to get myself together and not let this blip turn into anything major.

Aargh, aargh and double aargh. I've been so good for the last few months, resisted all the chocolate that's come into the house.
Note to self...must do better

Happy Easter everyone. :) I'm going away on holiday tomorrow, be back on plan next Friday.

Have a great hol.

Back