The final stone brigade - join in anytime

How are the last stoners?

Dead tired today. It's OH's birthday tomorrow so I need to perk up. We are going out with friends tonight and I'm cooking for him tomorrow night. I don't care about the food element but I just want to sleep.

I was in Waitrose again today looking at the sourdough bread. It looks so good. I don't want to eat it but I should stop looking at it. It doesn't help. I will just make recipe plans instead.

And my stomach feels like it is about to explode - again. I didn't think I was constipated because the last two days have been surprisingly good digestion wise. It is too early for TOTM so it must be constipation still.

22 days left to lose a stone. Now that is not going to happen. I may have to adjust my target a bit.

Hi lawyergirl, l was just thinking about this thread. Hope you have a lovely time dining out tonight and OH has a great birthday tomorrow.

I'm doing ok, my last 9lbs won't be going anywhere fast it seems, l've love it to be gone by the end of March, l live in hope. :)
I'm trying hard & feel more focused again, went to see my CDC yesterday - it's a year ago tomorrow since l first started CD, so l gave her some flowers, a sort of 1st anniversary present, LOL. She's great, talking to her has helped me feel more positive and get things in perspective.

9lbs could be doable by the end of March Disney but I've just noticed what weight you are going for. That's not much at all! I think things do slow down as we get closer to goal, and then there's points where our weight sticks. I also felt last time I got near my goal, my body really didn't want me to go lower. What plan are you on now? That was really sweet of you to give your consultant flowers. It should have been the other way around.

Well I'm here because OH and friend are stuck at work so dinner is postponed. We are now going out tomorrow night which means I don't have to cook. Result ; )

hi girls - well done Zoe!!

Trisha - my shake wa lumpy cos i rushed the blending..

Disney - sure you will lose the last bit. was a bit delighted to see it has taken you a year. i seem to lose really slow but am determined to tick it out. some people on here lose so much that it does demotivate you sometimes doesnt it? I feel like the only person who is losing slowly. can you tell us a bit about your journey and the ups and downs and any days off?

my update - i am so bloated at the moment, tummy aches like its TOM but im not due until next week. would be happy if i did start this week as at least then i can explain why the scales are up and why my body is all bloated. however, either way, i do not think i will lose anything this week. feel a but despondent and down but am determined to carry on to the end. once i lose this last stone i am even thinking of plodding alog to lose another 7lbs.... i really think this last stone is gonna take me ages. how do you keep the motivation up girls? i keep telling myself that if i dont lose this week then I will most deffo lose next week, but its hard to stay upbeat all the time. does anyone else have a slow week from time to time. I am on wk 9, have lost 21lbs so far and have only sts one week. i know i cant lose this week as the scale is currently up and i am having a meal out on fri. i was supposed to have a meal out on sunday too but have decided that i am gonna make an excuse and not go as i cannot have 2 days off this week, its playing havoc with my mind and my planning for the week .

does anyone else have planned meals at this stage? after fri i will not be having a meal until mothers day... feeling a bit low, any words of encouragement ladies?

hugsxxxxx

hi everyone, had a good day cd wise, when I got close to goal last time the weight seemed to take ages to come off really slow.

trisha - how do you cope when the weight loss is slow? Mine is slowig right down and my hubby keeps teelling me its pointless to do CD if i sts or lose one pound a week.... how do you do it?

leeds we crossed posted! I know what you mean when you see how much some people lose even if they have little blips! I find it hard to stay motiviated at times but I find reading about other peoples "cd journeys" helpful especially those who have also struggles and suceeded. my cdc is great but never cheaeted once! so don't think she really understands my many "slip ups"

Not sure what plan you are on Leeds but I moved up the plans when my weight loss slowed last time. It has been slower this time so that's why when I'm a few lbs above my goal, I'm going to start moving up. I wouldn't be surprised if the weight loss kicks in again. I felt last time my body had had enough on the lower plans.

leeds crossed posted again. my hubby hasn't said as much but probably thinks the same, but I just feel I don't want the alternative ie putting the weight back on, so better to lose it slowly than nothing at all, and a lot of the time its my own fault because I'm a "serial picker" just can't stop myself. no other diet has ever worked for me. so just got to break the "picking" habit, which ss+ seems to be helping with, I've struggled with ss for a long time, and just gone over to ss+ WHY DIDN'T I DO IT SOONER :doh::doh::doh:

Oops the bits that I missed.

Leeds - your weight loss has been great this time. Want to swap? Mine has been very slow. I've lost just on two stone now but it's taken 9 weeks instead of 8 and that includes the glycogen loss. I have the same stomach symptoms and am wondering if I am still a bit constipated even though I didn't think I was. The other thing is that the two could be tied together:

Constipation is an unpleasant symptom of PMS. The uterus (womb) lies directly below the intestinal tract and constipation can strike during PMS in the final phase of the menstrual cycle when the womb's lining is at its fullest, putting just enough extra pressure on surrounding organs to causePMS constipation. Changes in hormone, neurotransmitter and calcium levels during this phase of the menstrual cycle can affect the function of both the lining of the intestine and the smooth muscles underneath that drive intestinal motility. The result can be sluggish bowel motion and constipation.

I'm not having any planned meals but what plan are you on now Leeds? I am sticking right on the plan until March 17 then 810 until March 25 and then moving up the plan. I didn't want to go off plan because this diet is so expensive and if I didn't lose because of that meal or went off track, it'd be a waste of money.

Glad you had a good day Trisha.

Last edited:
9lbs could be doable by the end of March Disney but I've just noticed what weight you are going for. That's not much at all! I think things do slow down as we get closer to goal, and then there's points where our weight sticks. I also felt last time I got near my goal, my body really didn't want me to go lower. What plan are you on now?
I'm only 5'3", so aiming for 9st 3lb/BMI 22.8, which for my build is about right. In a lot of clothes l'm still a size 14 at the moment, so by my goal weight l should fit a size 12 comfortably.

My BMI is currently 24.4, so l'm still on the 810 plan at the moment, spoke to my CDC about it yesterday, after next week l think l might move up to 1000, as maybe my body does need more cals to get the lbs coming off again.

Hello ladies
And thanks for welcoming me aboard earlier in the thread. Have added me on:
DisneyParis - Target: 129 lbs Date: 02/04/2010 (9 lbs to go)
doubledebra - Target: 150lbs Date: 05/04/2010
Kyliet - Target: 133lbs Date: 08/04/2010 (16lbs to go)
Leeds - Target 14lbs to goal Date: 15/04/2010 (14lbs to go)
lawyergirl - Target: 136 lbs Date: 25/03/2010 (13 lbs to go)
MiniMimi2091 - Target 147 Date: 02/04/2010 (16lbs to go)
Trisha - Target: 134 lbs Date: 10/04/2010 (18 lbs to go)
Zoe.D - Target: 161 lbs (5 lbs to go)
Peony - Target 139 lbs Date: 20/04/2010 (17lbs to go)

Good luck you gorgeous lot.

xxxx

Disney - sure you will lose the last bit. was a bit delighted to see it has taken you a year.
Thanks Leeds. I'm not delighted though that it has taken this long - last November l was just 3lbs away from my goal weight - so losing the weight took me 8 months, but then l had to have an operation at short notice, and didn't have time to finish working up the CD steps prior to the op, after the surgery l had to stay off plan to recover & cope with the medication & l put on some weight. It's those lbs l'm trying to lose again now. I'll get there, it's just going to take time and patience.

i seem to lose really slow but am determined to tick it out. some people on here lose so much that it does demotivate you sometimes doesnt it?
I can see how seeing others losing more quickly can put you off, but we're all different, just do your best, stick with it, you will get there. It doesn't matter in the end if it takes you a few weeks or months longer, it's getting there and maintaining that counts in the long run.

I feel like the only person who is losing slowly.
No you definately won't be, you just tend to notice the people losing it quicker. Just keep going. Never give up.

can you tell us a bit about your journey and the ups and downs and any days off?
I started CD a year ago tomorrow, so 3rd March is my CD 1st birthday. :D I'm so glad l found out about this diet. I'd tried dieting on my own before (doing calorie counting, but the longest it had lasted was 3 weeks. My sister-in-law had lost almost 2 stone on CD within a month or so in Dec 08, so l thought l'd give it a go not expecting that l'd be able to stick to it & make it work for me, but somehow l really liked it, even though l found the first few days hard going. The CDC l go to actually lives in my street, which is so handy, l wish l had known about her years ago, she's great.
I know there are some people who are able to stay 100% SS for weeks or even months on end, but it wasn't like that for me. I stuck to SS, apart from when dining out with family when it was a special occassion eg mother's day, easter, birthday. When l dined out l tried to choose the healthiest option l could & got back on plan the next day. I don't think l could have stuck to the diet without those family & social occassions to look forward to and enjoy. On holiday last year we went mostly self catering, so l was able to take my CD packs with me, l had the odd night off when we went out for a meal.

I'd like to hear about everyone else's CD journey.

Last edited:
DisneyParis - Target: 129 lbs Date: 02/04/2010 (9 lbs to go)
doubledebra - Target: 150lbs Date: 05/04/2010
Kyliet - Target: 133lbs Date: 08/04/2010 (16lbs to go)
Leeds - Target 14lbs to goal Date: 15/04/2010 (14lbs to go)
lawyergirl - Target: 136 lbs Date: 25/03/2010 (13 lbs to go)
MiniMimi2091 - Target 147 Date: 02/04/2010 (16lbs to go)
Peony - Target 139 lbs Date: 20/04/2010 (17lbs to go)
Trisha - Target: 134 lbs Date: 10/04/2010 (18 lbs to go)
Zoe.D - Target: 161 lbs (5 lbs to go)

Sounds like a good plan to move up Disney. Good luck with it and keep us updated.

*TMI ALERT*
I have an unhappy digestive system but don't feel empty. I have not been rabbitt-esque for the last few days and actually more than normal but when not on CD I am very regular so I feel uncomfortable. As I'm not constipated, I'm going to have the husks again and if I get the stomach pains, I'll go and buy some senakot.

Disney - thank you for your lovely post! I hope you dont think i was beig cheeky saying i was delighted it had taken you a year! It came out all wrong, what i meant was that it was nice to read about someone who had taken their time and persevered. glad you have recovered from the op though! so many people lose fast and then they leave th forum and i plan to stick to CD as i move slowly up the plans so will prob be here on the forums for a while.

my cd journey began in late 2008, started CD and got nea goal but then fell pregnant. started again in Jan 2010 and am near goal again, loving CD but I am very bad and have every sat off where i have a meal at night with my fam. have whatever they are having, and on sundays get straight back on the wagon. i have lost every week bar one where i sts. its a slow journey but i have small kids and need to have at least one day of normality with them. however, now i getting near goal i am seriously thinking of doing one log stretch of ss/ss+ as its getting a bit expensive if i sts or lose 1lbs. so may do a proper no day off stretch soon to see if that has any impact on the weightloss, and if not will think of movig up the plans. how is today going for you?

lawyer - i have been this week but i never go as much as i used to and never feel empty. try some dulcolax?? i dont take anything bt just up the water so maybe someone else can help.

I'll go and buy some senakot.

Senakot works for me :eek: :), the CD fibre stuff made no difference with me. Did any of you find it helped?

Leeds no it's fine, l knew what you meant. :) I'm just a bit impatient with myself, feeling l should have got to goal sooner, but in the overall scheme of things it won't matter if it's taken a bit longer. Trying to re-lose the lbs l gained after the operation has made me realise l really don't want to put weight on again then have to re-lose it in future, so in that way it's a positive learning experience, albeit it can be frustrating when you feel you are doing everything by the book and not seeing results - our bodies work in mysterious ways. :rolleyes:

so many people lose fast and then they leave th forum
I know what you mean. I really like to read posts by people like KD and Porgeous who have managed to maintain their weight loss, it's really good that they still post & offer sound advice - so inspiring & motivating too seeing that long term maintenance can be achieved.

and i plan to stick to CD as i move slowly up the plans so will prob be here on the forums for a while.
I think moving up the plans properly is such a vital part of the diet, it's tempting to do your own thing once at/near goal, but the higher cal. steps are there for a reason. I know l've got such a lot still to learn.

Thanks for posting about your CD journey.

I'm having a good day so far. Had a 2 egg omlette (made with l squirt of l cal spray in the pan) for lunch today - you can have that now on the new 810 plan, felt almost guilty & indulgent eating it, LOL. :D

Hope everyone else is doing well. :)

Last edited:
Smart thinking Disney. This third time has been very painful, and I'm glad to have been able to do most of it while the weather has been cold and people aren't going out much.

So I should be out tonight but OH and OH's friend/ colleague have both got the same bug from work so he's not well at all. Not much of a celebration for him this week and he is away for two weeks for work so we'll be celebrating when he is back and I'll be able to eat. Yay. It worked out well for me but not for him!

Senakot works for me :eek: :), the CD fibre stuff made no difference with me. Did any of you find it helped?
Thanks Disney. I bought the Boots version today and just took one tablet. It's got a horrible aftertaste even though I had a mousse after it. Will see what happens.... And thanks leeds. My water intake is really good.

Does anyone else find their brain seems slower when on this diet? I have done some really daft things recently that I wouldn't do normally.

I had one of those days today. I always get more emotional on CD (is that just me too?) and that combined with PMT almost had me crying over something really trivial in Marks.

I'll be moving up the steps my own way. It will be mostly like Cambridge but a few small changes. Someone on here (not naming any names ;)) said you may be able to restore your metabolic rate faster with a high carb/low fat diet eating over your BMR but she hasn't replied to my question yet. Haven't had any luck finding things on Google about it but was interested.

Hope everyone has had a good day.

Last edited:
well done trisha!

Back