The final stone brigade - join in anytime

Well done on avoiding a tempting buffet LG - I work for myself now but when I used to work for a massive pharma working lunches were a nightmare! So hard to avoid eating all that tempting food! Mind you our restaurant was also tough - filled to brimming with tasty food just waiting to be eaten. It is much easier working for myself at home - the most tempting thing in my cupboard is an Exante bar - I can manage to leave that as I would be devastated not to have it to eat later in the day!

Good luck leading up to your big move - how long will you be in the US do you think? Will you have to work notice? Blimey what an enormous change at such short notice!

xxx

wow LG America are you excited?

I haven't weighed myself yet, waiting for offical wi which is Monday, but might have a sneaky peep on Sunday when I will have completed 1 week on ss+. I'm finding ss+ so much easier and angry with myself for not trying it sooner, it really seems to have helped me with my "picking" habit, I was feeling slimmer the last couple of days but now I feel quite bloated, could be totm as mine seem to be all over the place at the moment.

leeds I'm the same I could have and should have done it faster, but like you events and my picking habit have caused delays

Last edited:
Well done on avoiding a tempting buffet LG - I work for myself now but when I used to work for a massive pharma working lunches were a nightmare! So hard to avoid eating all that tempting food! Mind you our restaurant was also tough - filled to brimming with tasty food just waiting to be eaten. It is much easier working for myself at home - the most tempting thing in my cupboard is an Exante bar - I can manage to leave that as I would be devastated not to have it to eat later in the day!
I relate to the exante bar. It's like me and MAM! You had a restaurant too? You must have bene busy.

Good luck leading up to your big move - how long will you be in the US do you think? Will you have to work notice? Blimey what an enormous change at such short notice!

xxx
OH's firm moves fast and he's been spending so much time working American hours, it's almost a relief we are going. I was only on a contract so can finish at the end of this month quite easily.

wow LG America are you excited?

I haven't weighed myself yet, waiting for officail wi which is Monday, but might have a sneaky peep on Sunday when I will have completed 1 week on ss+. I'm finding ss+ so much easier and angry with myself for not trying it sooner, it really seems to have helped me with my "picking" habit, I was feeling slimmer the last couple of days but now I feel quite bloated, could be totm as mine seem to be all over the place at the moment.

leeds I'm the same I could have and should have done it faster, but like you events and my picking habit have caused delays
So good you have a plan you are happy with Trish. I'm feeling bloated too which is not a pleasant feeling and very teary too.

Is everyone else here a first timer? This is my third time. That is called doing it the hard way :rolleyes:

All the feelings of feeling light have just slipped away. I just tried on a pair of trousers and they fit. What's the problem? I hate the photo of me the last time I was wearing them because it's when I realised how big I was becoming again. Tomorrow night photos are going to be flying everywhere and I just feel yucky. :cry: I know I am losing weight now but here's no way I can avoid photos tomorrow night so lots of people I know will see more photos of fat me. The demon on my shoulder has been saying I should eat some chocolate because it's just not worth it but I know I'll feel even worse. I need to deal with these feelings. Can I hibernate for a few weeks?

So if you were moving countries in three weeks time, what would you be looking at online? Places to stay? Tourist stuff? Removalists? etc etc etc. What am I looking at? Walmart.com to see what icecream and bread they sell. Seriously WTF??!!!!

Something I am trying is telling myself I can eat the stuff but I am choosing not to. I want to remind myself I am in control, this diet is my choice and if I wanted to, I could eat but I'd prefer to fit into my jeans.

OH has just gone to bed because he's still poorly. I think he, no I need a cuddle. Night all x

Nope its about my third time too! although I never really stopped properly just kept falling off the wagon.

dh is feeling a little better today but said he's going to bed soon as well.

Last edited:
It's been a hectic day, just getting the chance to get online now, weigh-in today and l've lost a lb - yippee!!, l had prepared myself for sts, l would have been mega mad if l'd gained, but yay the scales had gone down a lb - l was so chuffed. :D Also my hip measurement has gone down to the next inch, it had stayed the same for the last few weeks.
From Monday l'm planning to increase my calories to 1000 and then hopefully slowly work my way up the CD steps, l'll see how it goes. Been feeling tired & dizzy recently, waiting on blood test results, could be my blood count has gone low again, it's happened before pre-CD and after my op last year.

Last edited:
Is everyone else here a first timer? This is my third time. That is called doing it the hard way :rolleyes:
I started CD last March, been on it since apart from time off it after my gallbladder surgery, so had a bit of a detour. :rolleyes: :)

Lawyergirl, how exciting about moving to the US, great! How long are you going for? Whereabouts in the US will you be based? I would be looking up supermarkets & food places too, lol. I really enjoy going to the supermarket when l'm abroad, mind you l enjoy going to the supermarket here in the UK too. :D

It's been a hectic day, just getting the chance to get online now, weigh-in today and l've lost a lb - yippee!!, l had prepared myself for sts, l would have been mega mad if l'd gained, but yay the scales had gone down a lb - l was so chuffed. :D Also my hip measurement has gone down to the next inch, it had stayed the same for the last few weeks.
From Monday l'm planning to increase my calories to 1000 and then hopefully slowly work my way up the CD steps, l'll see how it goes. Been feeling tired & dizzy recently, waiting on blood test results, could be my blood count has gone low again, it's happened before pre-CD and after my op last year.
I hope everything is okay Disney. Let us know the results okay? My body run out of puff last time I was on Cambridge.

I started CD last March, been on it since apart from time off it after my gallbladder surgery, so had a bit of a detour. :rolleyes: :)

Lawyergirl, how exciting about moving to the US, great! How long are you going for? Whereabouts in the US will you be based? I would be looking up supermarkets & food places too, lol. I really enjoy going to the supermarket when l'm abroad, mind you l enjoy going to the supermarket here in the UK too. :D
I like supermarkets too. When I move places, I always look at the local supermarket. I think this is the only forum where people would understand that! We think we will be gone for about 1 - 2 years but will just take things as they come. His head office is in NY so we will be somewhere around there.

Nope its about my third time too! although I never really stopped properly just kept falling off the wagon.

dh is feeling a little better today but said he's going to bed soon as well.
Is dh is better this morning Trish? Are your losses the same as last time? OH is feeling a bit chirpier but still not great. We are away tonight but with me on Cambridge and him being poorly, I don't think we will be the life and soul of the party.

I lost 2lbs this week. I wanted 3lbs. The weight loss has been very slow this time around. :mad: I won't be at my goal weight by March 25 but with the losses being slow and our move away, I don't see the point in sticking to Cambridge after this date. I hope by March 25 I will weigh 10 stone.

DisneyParis - Target: 129 lbs Date: 02/04/2010 (9 lbs to go)
doubledebra - Target: 150lbs Date: 05/04/2010
Kyliet - Target: 133lbs Date: 08/04/2010 (16lbs to go)
Leeds - Target 14lbs to goal Date: 15/04/2010 (14lbs to go)
lawyergirl - Target: 136 lbs Date: 25/03/2010 (11 lbs to go)
MiniMimi2091 - Target 147 Date: 02/04/2010 (16lbs to go)
Peony - Target 139 lbs Date: 20/04/2010 (17lbs to go)
Trisha - Target: 134 lbs Date: 10/04/2010 (18 lbs to go)
Zoe.D - Target: 161 lbs (5 lbs to go)

Lost 5 lbs this week

DisneyParis - Target: 129 lbs Date: 02/04/2010 (9 lbs to go)
Trisha - Target: 134 lbs Date: 10/04/2010 (13 lbs to go)

Lost 5 lbs this week
Trisha that is fantastic! :happy096:

Just updated the list with my big loss ;) - 1 lb! :D Oh well never mind, even if l manage to lose just a lb a week for the next 2 months as l work my way up the plans, that would get me to goal, we'll see, waiting to see what my blood test results say. I'm going to a wedding at the end of June, have the outfit, it fits great, losing too much more will tend to make it too loose, losing a 1/2 stone should be ok, even if l sts that'll be fine too. l've decided not to put pressure on myself, l aim to gradually go up the plans & maintain by eating healthly, hopefully then l'll have more energy than l do now. I think my body is telling me it's time to get back to eating a bit more, in a healthy way.
I'm feeling upbeat though - yesterday l booked our summer holiday to Florida. :)

DisneyParis - Target: 129 lbs Date: 02/04/2010 (8 lbs to go)

Last edited:
I hope everything is okay Disney. Let us know the results okay?
Thanks lawyergirl. Will do.

My body run out of puff last time I was on Cambridge.
That's maybe what's up with me. I almost feel l should just aim to maintain for now, get my energy levels back up by going up the CD steps, possibly l need iron tablets again as well, then once l'm feeling better aim to lose the last 1/2 stone, l probably don't really need to lose it, my CDC thinks l shouldn't lose much more at all, but she knows l'm very determined & how l'd like to get to the weight l had orginally in mind, l still feel l haven't quite achieved what l set out to do, l know l've got to be realistic though, my health has got to come first.

Kyliet - Target: 133lbs Date: 08/04/2010 (12lbs to go)

Adding myself in if that's ok with you guys. I'm on Exante and I was 15lb above goal last Monday so hope to have less than a stone to go tomorrow. Here's hoping......

justgina - Target 126lb (15lb to go)

Yay Trish and Kylie and welcome Gina. I must be the only person on this list with OCD ;)

justgina - Target 126lb (15lb to go)

I had decided this morning to stop CD and so I ate today, a lot... :mad: Not the best way to start moving up the plans, I know!! I feel great in my size 12 jeans and have so many going away dinners and stuff already planned. But then I saw some photos of this weekend, I still have two weeks of packs and so I'm back on the wagon as of tonight and know 2 and a bit more weeks will be good for me. I still won't be at goal but I'll be closer to it.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and here's to another week.

Here's to a new week - hope it's a good one for us all. :)

Woohoo. I'm on my way, lost 2.5lb this week so I only have 12.5lb to go. I'm getting excited, just have to remember to stay at goal this time!!!!
Good luck one and all, stick with it.

justgina - Target 126lb (12.5lb to go)

hi all

have been a bit quite as it TOM week due this week so feeling a bit moody. also, am v angry with myself as keep nibbling! WTF is wrong with me. i should lose 2bs a week but end up losing one cos i keep tasting stuff etc etc. i have upped my exercise and wonder if this is making me more hungry than usual?? today i was making a buttery lentil soup for the kids and decided to taste for salt, this ended up being about 7 tablespoons!! i am so mad at myself but its weird cos i also feel ike i dont mind going slower with losses as i am scared to get to goal.

i said to hubby last night that i am gonna stay on CD forever and will keep using the products to mainntain. needless to say he was not immpressed. does anyone esle feel reliant on CD? pls send me some words of encouragement as althoug i am not binging nibbling still has a bad effect as it makes the rest of the day harder....

lawyer - are you completely off CD?

Trisha - how is today?

Disney - how are you?

feel like i am letting everyone down by being so negative! i must keep telling myself that even if i lose 1lbs a week it will only take 13 weeks to get to goal ad whats that in a lifetime????

Well done Gina.

Leeds - let's do this. It sounds like you are self-sabotaging because you are scared to get to goal. You need to deal with those feelings, work out what's causing them and get on with it otherwise self-sabotage can be a cause of relapse. And if you are happy with a 1lb a week, then why not do a more conventional diet or at least start working back up the plans to 1200 or something?

I know opinions differ and everyone needs to do what is right for me but I don't enjoy CD enough to stay on it in a half-way measure. It is not going to be a tool I use to maintain my weight. £1.40 for a mousse is expensive compared to the cost of yoghurt and fruit, as an example.

So yes, I'm back on the wagon today going through the whole getting back into ketosis again. Hate it but wouldn't have eaten yesterday if I'd not been so sure I was going to stay off.

lawyer - thanks for the message. i am gonna spend this week sorting myself out and thinking about what it is i want.... too scared to move up plans yet ad not ready to move to another diet..... if i could just re-focus again it would be so easy!!

good luck for the next few days, know you can do it girl!

Back