The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Thanks guys. Had a lovely day off even though I had a stupid headache and Ben played up with food again but totally my fault as I let him have a milkshake with his lunch and by the time the lunch arrived he had drank half the milkshake so wasn't really interested in food!!! I have learned my lesson. Only gave him water all afternoon and by dinner time he was starving and ate venison hotpot and mash with relish! So then he was allowed the cake he had made at Pre School....... Think he and I both have got the message!
Managed to spend £62.80 in PRIMARK!!! LOL - got a pair of white linen trousers and a cute pair of red leather pumps to wear with a red top I have already and then managed to buy lots more summer tops without sleeves as I am determined not to have the farmer tan this year and will just have to bear my bingo wings to my girls and they will have to get over it!!! The filled my basket with socks, sunglasses, smaller pants(my others were like old fashioned bloomers!), jewellery, woolly tights for Sound of Music, sun hats and glasses for Ben - don't think I have ever managed to spend that much in that shop - a couple of the tops are going back as just a disaster but otherwise all good!!
Had the venison hotpot I made yesterday for dinner tonight with swede and carrot and broccoli, just beautiful - sooooo good. Glad I saved it for a PV day as the veg made it perfect. Again one of the best things I have eaten on Dukan.
My dearest friend is joining Dukan today - she and I have lost and gained weight over the years together and last year she lost 4 stone by healthy eating and exercise. Recently she has put weight on again and has been feeling down about it so really really happy that she is going to join me on Dukan. Did a shopping list for her today and gave her a few recipes to try. Calculated her true weight on the site and she is now ready for three days of attack. She is the most diligent person on a diet once she sets her mind to it and she only has 3 stone 3 lbs to go to target which I know she can do standing on her head!!! She is also going to join Minimins - she loved the site when I showed her!
Anway enough blabbing, just back from rehearsal and already it is 11.30pm!!! Tired lady!. PV day today -
B - 2 muffins
L - beef burger with salad leaves, mushroom, bean sprouts
D - venison hotpot with swede and carrot and broccoli/ 2 muffins/ small amount of tofu creme

The first day without syrup today!!! Still got a tiny bit left - ooooohhhhh I do love it!!! x

So impressed by your loss Trudy :) inspiring doesn't even cover it!!

Reminded me of this post from the early days of the dukan board...

I stole this from another forum - its interesting to see what you would have lost :D

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= An average Gallon of paint
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs (or 120 eggs)
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = a car tyre
22 pounds = 200 golf balls
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
26 pounds = average weight of a Koala Bear
30 pounds = Average Vacuum Cleaner
31 pounds = Average amount of manure produced by a horse each day
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s peni$ (yep, weights more than his heart!)
65 pounds = Lotus Mk3 – Aluminium Body Shell
68 pounds = 40” Sony Bravia Widescreen TV
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
110 pounds = Mature Rough Fell Ewe
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopaedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
140 pounds = Ricky Hatton (Boxer / May 2009)
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = Vespa Moped
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

great to put into context exactly how MUCH you've lost xxx

good to hear your friend is joining us :D i can easily spend a lot more than that in primark LOL... i need to go get some stuff for my holidays as if i wait till nearer the time i wont be able to get what i want lol

Love that alottolose, how fitting that I have very nearly lost a two month old foal - we have one that is nearly that age in the field and he is pretty hefty!!! LOLOL. Not sure I like the new look Minimins but I do realise I hate change completely so anything different takes me a mo to get used to. Anyway here is a pic of said foal taken on Sunday

Attachments

• panasonic.jpg
    panasonic.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 33
he looks a very upstanding little man ....lovely :D

Nice to hear your friends joining us. Your fantastic loss will inspire many people to give Dukan a try x

Alottolose love the weight loss reference chart hahaha I've lost a tyre very fitting cause that's exactly what I have lost lol x

yep :) I lost a tire too....looked like a rubber ring life preserver under my top :(...:) still can smile now as it's GONE :D x

Great news that you've been recruiting Trudy :) we always need more guinea pigs on the dark side :D mwa ha ha ha...seriously this diet rocks....as does this board :) and all of you xx

hope you have sun today again.... its dull and overcast here... It may brighten up...heres hoping anyway. rode the bay boy in a hanging cheek snaffle yesterday and he schooled nicely on our hack, nice and soft so im gonna order him one in the same mouthpiece as his gag which has a lozenge and made of cuprium ?? need to broach the subject of hand with hubby... brodie goes well for me as i keep giving him little twiddles but hubbys hands never move... he's an expert though and there is no telling him grrrrr..... he thinks that as hes passed stage 1 & 2 that hes more able than me.... only reason ive not done any was my lack of confidence in riding in front of ppl lol next show is next saturday... im taking the broodie for a whirl round the inhand ring hehe. just need to find an outfit now lol

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday as computer was locked in the office and by the time I got home from rehearsal it was just a step too far to unlock it and get it out!!!
Food wise v v uninspiring - didn't eat one thing that I can say I loved but guess some days are like that!!
PP day
B - 2 muffins
L - coley fillet with extra lite philly sauce
D - baked prawns with paprika (oh yes these were delicious!!!)/ chicken/ 2 muffins

Oh did forget that the prawns were delicious, even Ben loved them!!! Overdid them really so they had a bit of a crunch to them!!! LOL, sure Masterchef would say they were ruined!!!LOL

Ahhh Ellie, I wish you would get in the showring - nothing like it - you can do it surely with all your new found confidence!! I am gonna order one of the hanging snaffles too to try. Tried my ported new bit yesterday and really did like it and so did the horse!!! Funny about the hands thing isn't it - mine don't stay still hardly and it's not about wrenching their mouth of just very subtle play - my boss either does nothing or too much and I tease him saying he needs to have a womans touch!! LOL. HATE BHS exams, a total waste of time in my humble opinion and really don't rate riders that have done them any different from one without - if you can ride, you can ride - end of, a piece of paper means diddly squat and if we did things the way the BHS says you would never get finished in a day - sensible, safe, effective handling and riding is what's called for - I have my stage one and two and it didn't make me a better rider!! LOL!

LOL yup its all about the slight wiggle with the ring finger ;) subtle enough that no-one sees it.... i hate when you see a horses mouth being sawn off :( ... I have a friend who does well with her mare but its a constant tug tug tug all the way round *sigh*

Busy day today - had a lot of fun with the horses. Vet visited today and last job on the long list was to palpate the mares and from that two needed to be whizzed to the surgery right away for insemination (sorry if tmi!) so just got back now..... Cos we were late out we stopped on the way home for McDonalds for everyone - boy it smelled nice but I held back until I got home and got Ben to bed and tucked into chicken salad which was lovely!!!!!!

Had to run the horses up for the vet today and for the first time it felt easy to do and I wasn't out of puff - nice feeling - vet said I was looking sooooo different and must feel great - as I said to him - getting there - then the real challenge begins - conso - scary!!!

LOVELY PV day!!!
B - 2 muffins
L - venison hotpot and broccoli
D - mince flan/ chicken/salad/2 muffins/last of the syrup!!!/tofu creme

Gosh the mince flan I made today is just lush, lush, lush, looking forward to more of it tomorrow!!!! LOVE DUKAN!!!

Are you sure the syrup has gone????? Or is bottle now upside down to get the last dregs out lol x

LOL, Sididd - sadly todays portion was from the upturned bottle and even licked the lid!!!LOLOLOL! Actually glad it has gone was getting to be too much of a habit!

but a nice habit that was causing you no harm weightwise LOL

more syrup T?
glad to see you've been dukan ok while ive been gone - today has been the first time where I can sit with a cup of coffee and get up to date with all my lovely minimin friends posts.

Busy day again today, a few horses off work today so we managed to finish early and getting a few jobs sorted. Had an appointment with the dermatologist which got really complicated when I forgot my phone and ended up late for the appointment therefore it took a lot of time and in the end only gave me the same info that the doc gave me but at least it confirmed the right treatment!
Bought a birthday cake for our retired caretaker who is 85 on Sunday complete with various sweets to let Ben decorate it. Also bought her 36 kit kats which I do every year as she has one with her cup of tea every morning at 11am!!! Previously the chocolate and sweets wouldn't have lasted 24 hrs in my house - unbelievable that I still have choc in the fridge from Christmas!!! Dukan really is a miracle!
Had rehearsal tonight again and for some reason was really tired - not sure why - state of mind probably!!!

Anyway PP day

B - 2 muffins
L - mince flan/ ham
D - mince flan/chicken with chilli/paprika and Dukan BBQ sauce

Having a BBQ with the girls tomorrow, really looking forward to a lovely steak and some salad. The girls will be tucking into toasted cheese sandwiches which we do on the BBQ (a S African addition!) and I may struggle a little to resist as probably one of my v favourites!!! Looking forward to it though - will have to get the fire going early otherwise we will be there until midnight!!

a nice weekend in store for you T even though it will be a busy one - it will be a chilled one here I think to recharge our batteries ............. going to try mince flan next week something a bit different from chilli etc

Back