The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Pessoa (one of my favourite gadgets LOL!) and riding - boy he is gonna be cross cross cross!!!! Good luck! OMG Ellie you have to try the tofu vanilla cream - it is heaven - just want to gobble the whole lot up - REALLY had to force myself to put it in the fridge as just had chicken and bns curry with some extra beef so actually pretty full but defo having some tonight!!!Rode the horse - was fun getting up there - she was quite like I expected but really one sided to the left so the physio is gonna have to take a look cos she isn't being mean just not able to bend properly that way - but was fun and I defo burnt a few calories riding round and round in rising trot!!! She also is not keen on walk and as she is five gaited (she is an American Saddlebred) she just wanted to rack - a four beat pace - which was hilarious and the first time I have felt it on a proper trained horse!!! LOL!! Horses finished now and gonna potter in the office this afternoon. Ironically now feeling a bit warmer!!!Hope the nougat muffins are yummy - let me know!!!

I love my Pessoa everything gets started in it and continue to work in it at least once a week. Makes a huge difference in their way of going. When I worked on a a yard full of show ponies/ horses I introduced the owner to one and after me working everything in it daily for 2 weeks she seen a huge difference in them. Funnily they stopped winning when I walked out after 5 years lol

Bet that lady is bumming now then Ellie!!!! I need to get another one as only have one working one now - the other one broke!!! Tried the cheaper ones but found them rubbish!!! Don't stay in place!!!
Anyway, what a productive day I have had food wise. Tried the Vanilla Tofu Creme and it is amazing!!!! Never been attracted to tofu but this is lovely!!! Then made another slow cooked beef joint but removed the fat first and it smells a whole lot better than the last one though I have to say the last one tasted fine and not fatty at all! Lastly I have at last cooked the celeriac and made a fish pie with salmon and prawns topped with mashed BNS and the celeriac - had a sneaky taste of the topping - v nice. Hated the smell of celery though when it was cooking but will be worth it in the end!!!
So lovely food day today - hee her!!
PV day
B - 2 muffins
L - BNS and Chicken curry with extra slow cooked beef
D - fish pie with salmon/prawns/bns/celeriac/mushroom/philly extra lite/ 2 muffins with small amount of tofu vanilla creme
Phew that looks like a lot of food when you write it down!!!!

defo tastes better than it smells lol

OMG I am in heaven - the fish pie was divine - defo one to make again - also v tempted to make a cottage pie again using that topping cos it was soooooooo delicious!!!! Muchly excited - and full to the gunnels!!! LOL

hehe nothing better than being full to the gunnels ;) what diet :p

Glad you like the fish pie T think we might have cottage pie in the week with the same topping. Last time I bought potatoes for my lot was Christmas time. PP for me today so I can have a roast dinner tomorrow (my fav)

ooooohhhh - may just make those for tonight. REALLY want fish pie again today but can't have any more till Monday as two PP days now so have frozen the rest to save till next week - hate the weekend thing that I put myself through but I do get pretty paranoid about WI following a PV day and also making sure I do three PV days to four PP's!!! That fish pie.................... LOL. What does Dr Dukan recommend? Concentrate on the foods you can have and forget the rest!!! Gonna make Red Thai curry with chicken and quark at lunch time, something to look forward to. Cold today again so need warm food! Might also have some more of the slow cooked beef as have two joints of it sitting in my fridge - bought a more expensive cut yesterday so wonder if that will taste any different??? We will see!

Well today I am not enjoying my PP day - hate it when I feel like this!! GRRRR- wasn't helped by the fact that I curdled the sauce for my red thai curry at lunch - still ate it but wasn't the best!!! Didn't ever believe I would miss VEGETABLES so much..... Usually I fly through PP days and just get on with it but today - I dunno - get a grip girl!!!!
Anyway PP day -
B - 2 muffins with vanilla creme
L - red thai chicken curry made with quark
D - chicken with smoked paprika and garlic with dukan bbq sauce/ 2 muffins / small amount vanilla creme

Had an okay day with the horses but not great - got stubborn with one of them and honestly will I never learn - not the way forward, best to stop and put them away and try again another day - but my bull head was on and so was hers - we were both tired out at the end of it - hey ho - tomorrow is another day. Just sitting in my house typing this and watching one of our mares on a monitor - think she will foal tonight which will be great as I am away from Wednesday and would rather it was here before I leave!!! Could be a late night!
Jodphurs arrived and are a bit big but a belt will suffice and they were as cheap as chips! Rode in them this afternoon and they are very comfy!!! No other news today but only three days till my spa break!!! Yahoooooooo!

fingers crossed the mare foals tonight and doesnt have you up all night

Bah humbug, no foal last night, really hope she foals before I leave !!! Just worked the last horse before my holiday and today they were all very good!!! Made up for yesterday so I am leaving for my holiday at least believing that I slightly know what I am doing in my job!!! LOL. Horses have the ability, like children, to put you on the most incredible high and then crash you back down to earth with a bang!!! LOL. Stops you getting too big for your boots though.
Tried to be organised this morning and marinaded some beef in soya and ginger etc but have a feeling as I am typing this that I forgot to add the sugar???? HMMMM will soon find out I guess! Another PP day so probably will end up having chicken again tonight - just as well I love chicken. Gonna throw together a cottage pie too tonight ready for my PV day tomorrow - looking forward to that. Then I need to get organised for going away...........At least I am on top of the washing so that's one thing!! LOL

Really hope the mare foals before you leave, must be an amazing thing to experience. Hope you have a fabulous time on your spa break, might have to steal that idea myself at some point! Relax and enjoy the pampering!

really hope she doesnt wait untill you go away but mares have a habit of doing that lol. Im going to make fish pie tommorrow... was on the philidelphia website last night looking at recipes and theres loads i want to try lol the salmon celeriac & spinache was delish last night... you must try it... looked like something you would get in a restraunt ;)

Not away till Wednesday morning so she has three nights to pop the sprog!!! So fingers crossed she will. Gonna take my laptop with me to the spa so will keep you up to speed with all the luxury pampering!!! LOL. TOTM decided to happen today which is typical considering I am heading off to a spa - why for goodness sake!!! Annoying.com!!!! Ah well could be worse.
Good diet day today - I wasn't very imaginative but all good. Think I am gonna do PV days whist I am away and then have a PP weekend next weekend - hopefully the extra exercise will balance the extra PV day - I could be really good and have two PP days before I leave but honestly after weigh in tomorrow morning I always look forward to a PV day!!!! And having just had two PP days I don't think I could do that to myself!! LOL!
Anyway today:-
B - 2 muffins
L - rump steak with soya/ginger/garlic/chilli
D - chicken with smoked paprika/garlic/chilli and dukan BBQ sauce/ 2 muffins with vanilla creme

Ben and I are off to Play Planet tomorrow (soft play centre) and Daddy has challenged me to take him down the big slide - have to admit was happy to avoid it when I was bigger and still would be happy to avoid it - defo am a bit of a chicken but we will see!!! There are some disadvantages to losing weight - LOL!!!

hope you enjoy your time off :) not long till the highland now :eek: .... closing date for entries is begining of april :eek:

Time flies when you are having fun!!! Can't believe we are talking show entries already!! Ironically woken up at 6.20am this morning and can't sleep. Mare didn't foal last night so two days left and counting - Ellie you are right she is gonna wait until I leave on Wednesday!!! Madam! So pleased to have lost 3 lbs this week before my spa break, wasn't sure how I had done but Sophie, one of my girls, has predicted correctly each week what I will lose for the last 6 weeks and was on the nail again!! Spooky! Did do a lot of riding this week and my clothes did feel a little bit looser! So anyway - happy bunny! Gonna lie here very quietly and hope that Ben has a bit of a lie in - oh no I can hear him talking to himself - well singing so I guess he heard me - darn it - so the day begins!!! LOL x

Lol bless him, well done on the 3lbs just the boost you need before pampering time :D

How do you do the fish pie sauce ? I'm making it tonight

Back