The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Go lotto go!!!! Day four and I was starving this morning - no ingredients even to make proper muffins so defo a big supermarket shop needed today - went to farm shop meanwhile for some supplies to keep me going!!!! LOL! Defo caught another cold this weekend oh joy!!!

Well spent a hundred pounds in the supermarket - lordy this diet aint cheap but to be fair I didn't exactly buy cheap!!!! Day four of LBD done and dusted!!! Day off today too and I have been extremely lazy and done absolutely nothing!!! Cold I have caught has been making me feel a bit rubbish though and the cold weekend did not help!!! The muffins I cobbled together without proper ingredients are rubbish!!!! Never mind!!! Got all the ingredients to make good ones again!!! Dukan shop order arrived today but putting stuff away till end of LBD!!!
Going to see my lovely friend who joined me on Dukan and is now at target reveal her makeover at the gym she goes to. She won some facial therapies and free membership thanks to her Dukan weight loss!!! SOOOOO proud of her!!!
B - lean bacon and egg
L - smoked chicken and sweet chilli sauce/ 2 muffins
D - steak with onion sauce/ 4 muffins
Having 6 muffins today as made them with only two days of oat bran..... gets rid of them quicker!!! LOL!

LBD challenge is going well Trudy :) wonderful that you're inspiring people off the site as well as on it!

I hear you totally regards the cost of Dukan...I have taken to ordering weekly Asda deliveries as I don't trust myself in the supermarkets at the moment, this way I can only eat "rubbish" I make from basic ingredients - so even if it's junk/carby at least it has constituent ingredients that I can pronounce and isn't loaded with sugar/salt :).

You still keeping up with the running plan? x

Day five started good - friend looked AMAZING in her outfit - sooo happy for her....... She is in her early sixties and honestly you would never guess! Resisted the champagne and canapes and stuck to water then came home for some turkey and cottage cheese!!! Got the girls McDonalds on the way home but not at all tempted!!!
Really do miss conso but this will only make me appreciate it when I return!!!! Horses good today - two new ones in - one okay the other we will see!!!
Food for the day! -
B - rhubarb clafoutis throughout the day
L - turkey/cottage cheese/ balsamic
D - salt and pepper chicken with sweet chilli sauce
Defo need to make another batch of better muffins - these ones are yucky!!! LOL!

Last edited:
Great motivation Trudy ...dump them muffins and make some more. There are our pleasure not a punishment lol xxx

Note edited menu - made rhubarb clafoutis instead and have been munching through the day on it!!! Salt and Pepper chicken with chilli sauce made my nose run it was so spicy - YUMMMMMMMMMMM!

Ooooo food sounds lush xxx im well jelly xxx

Just catching up T, loving the LBD plan you seem to be back in the zone x

Day six nearly completed and full of cold and lacking enthusiasm!!! Honestly where does all the snotty stuff come from????
Productive day at work too!
B - 2 muffins
L - turkey/ rhubarb clafoutis
D - lean bacon/eggs/ 2 muffins/ dukan custard
Gonna weigh on Friday and see where I am at - getting scared about it but hey ho!!!

Don't be scared. You've been a little angel this week xxx

I flippin have Siddid - Day seven under my belt and WI tomorrow - am proud of myself for doing a week of PP and really hope the scales are kind to me - I feel better but not sure where I will be weight wise - keep everything crossed for me gals - also TOTM so must take that into account when I look at those numbers!!!
Good day at work - the horses were fab which was great. Vet here this afternoon to treat some horses and that all went fine!
Very sad news though that reduced us all to tears was that our lovely handyman who got diagnosed with cancer 3 years ago is very poorly in the hospice tonight - a HUGE shock as he had been doing so well and although in the hospice was totally well until last night..... Such a shock... Can't even go and see him thanks to this blimmin streaming cold..... His Mum is our retired caretaker, she is 86 and amazing but no mother should have to lose her child.... Breaks my heart to see her dealing with this.... Sadly her husband died five years ago and her son really filled the gap by moving to the farm to be near her . Just hope she can see a live for herself after he is gone. Docs say it is a matter of days and he is on a morphine drip full time and not conscious for most of the time....... Sooooo sad - makes you remember that life is for living to the full....
Took Ben bowling tonight which he loved and he enjoyed dinner there.... Not a thing I could eat there so waited till I got home......
B - 2 muffins
L - salmon and prawns with soy,ginger, garlic
D - chicken tikka/ 2 muffins
Will fill you in on WI early in the morning!!!! xxxx

Good luck Trudy you'll not need it though xxx
Life is for living i went to my hubby mates funeral. Im friendly with his wife too this week 52 that's all he was and suffered a form of parkinsons for the last 10 year. So sad.... He's mother has lost two of her children now poor soul took ill and had to go home at the wake. Love, laugh and be happy xxx

Agree Siddid....... Very sad life is sometimes but it definitely is for living.... With that in mind I have just booked Ben and I a holiday to Morroco! We leave on 27th November for a week - all inclusive - well excited - just booked hotel at gatwick for the night before....... WOOOOHOOO! x

Trudy with your busy life you need its and its well deserved. Im also well jell. Im never envious of people with possessions but holidays.....and i go green lol with i wad packing and coming with you cry....cry..cry....

trudyc said:
Agree Siddid....... Very sad life is sometimes but it definitely is for living.... With that in mind I have just booked Ben and I a holiday to Morroco! We leave on 27th November for a week - all inclusive - well excited - just booked hotel at gatwick for the night before....... WOOOOHOOO! x

Brilliant! :D

P x

Aww Siddid -room for a little one! Well WI was disappointing but just gonna check how long it is since I weighed before - think I must have been burying my head a bit cos weight this morning is only 2lb lighter than my last weigh in which means I am still a fair bit out of target..... gonna weigh again on Monday morning and decide what to do from there - still on track mind wise but disappointed I obviously let things get much more out of hand between weigh ins - knew I was heavier when I started my run of PP days but wasn't thinking loads, defo feel thinner after this week so must have been! Onwards and downwards tho! x

Back