The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

ditto what everyone else had said, rest and relax hunni

Did they give you any dietary advice. I don't mean diet... but food intake rather. I'm guessing that you'll be needing to maintain a more stable weight henceforth too? There's a great motivation! A flat tum! (When do we get to see pics?! hihi!)

They didn't give me any advice at all about diet..... My aim is to get down to TW again and conso...... The tummy is amazing to look at - just doesn't look like the body I have known for soooo long...... Interestingly a friend of mine who also had a tummy tuck gained five stone after the op but her tummy is basically still flat - the weight has gone elsewhere!!! NOT that I want to gain any weight or plan to but interesting!!! Guess once they have repaired the muscle etc it would take a wee bit to get that lovely apron of skin again!!! Although the surgeon did say he was going to do some lipo he didn't and honestly I am not feeling like I missed out - basic shape looks awesome to me - give me a couple of days to get more upright and will take a pic for you guys - I'm not shy but you will only think it is fab when you see the before tummy too!

Glad you doing so well Trudy xx

My mind is boggling at the thought of five stone being stuck at random on someone's body, avoiding the tum! It's great to hear you sounding so well!

Baby steps each day gals - tummy swollen today so rang hospital who said I was doing too much but honestly haven't moved very much off the sofa other than to go to the loo and have tiny walks around but they have changed my next appointment to Monday instead of Tuesday...... Feeling easier to move around and get up and down but still exhausted after very little exertion!!! Wearing proper clothes today and even with tummy swollen they look sooooo different!!! Weight the same today but will keep an eye on the scales!
Food for today
B - oatbran porridge made with 1/2 allowance - delicious!!
L - prawn stir fry
D- salmon stir fry
S - 3 muffins
First time I have had porridge and it was yummy!!!! Think I may be doing that all the time in conso!!

You sound so happy Trudy, and sit yourself down and put your feet up. You say your not doing much but your doing more than you should xxx Take care miss washboard tummy xxx

Changed my dinner to baked salmon on a bed of spinach and it was delicious but could only manage about a third of it - appetite not back to normal by any means but only three days since op - but honestly gals the salmon and spinach was awesome - cooked down frozen spinach in reduced salt veg stock and when it was wilted added spoonful of extra lite philly - then laid the salmon on top and omg delicious - one I will remember to do again!

sounds almost as yum as the salmon & celriac with wilted spinache ... is frozen stuff as good as fresh as i always waste most a bag of fresh lol

same hear half always goes in the bin xxx

ditto, I like spinach in salad too, very tasty.

Can't wait to see the pics, it all sounds amazing.

Morning Trudy how are you feeling this morning???????

Good this morning - having a few palpitations again so rang the doc and have changed the ab's I am on as seemed to coincide with taking them - gonna be using the monitor when it's free to see if we can track it when it happens and check it out - don't feel ill at all but makes me anxious as last night felt like my heart was gonna jump out of my chest!!! LOL!
Didn't sleep too good in bed last night so got myself up and back onto the sofa which seems to suit more atm....... Took less pain relief though as wasn't really in any discomfort before bed but might have been a mistake - just taken my ab's now and have to wait an hour to have my porridge which I had already cooked!!! GRRR!!!! Mum coming down for the weekend to 'look after me' just hope it doesn't stress me out more as she tends to be very frenetic and I get uptight too!! LOL.... Jenny going to go and get Ben for me later today and maybe keep him overnight which will be nice! Also need some shopping.............
Our lovely housekeeper (who is 85) and lost her son in November had to have her lovely dog put down yesterday - why do these things happen all at once - she must feel soooo alone without her constant companion - she was in my house at 7am making me a cup of coffee this morning and again to open the curtains before going out shopping - bless her - she is such an amazing lady!
Down another pound today - really feel like I am returning to my TW look - officially another stone to go but probably going to aim for a higher TW of around 11st 2 lb which is still 12 lbs down from the Dr D recommended one - sounds all very complicated but I think that makes sense!

Sounds like you have plenty of support around you Trudy xxx

Tired out today - not slept through the day and I am feeling it! Tummy more swollen today but still not visit from the whoosh fairy which won't be helping - appetite strong today and had to fight the demons when lovely Joan bought me jam donuts!!! A firm no from me but oh I was a wee bit tempted!!!!
B - porridge
L - spinach and salmon/muffin
D - chicken and prawns with fajita seasoning/ mushrooms and onion
Lovely food today but after tomorrow going to aim for a few protein days! Veggies have been yummy!!!! x

well done you saying no to donuts...yummmm I had to watch my two eating a box of yum yums between them the other day, one of my fave puds of all time.

hope the swelling goes down overnight foryou. x

Its early days after your op. Take it easy and great willpower there Trudy xxx

Back