The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

where is she, i don't rem if she said she was going away again. hope she is ok and on the bus ok. x

NOt on the bus guys and disgusted with myself!! Every day I am telling myself to start again and failing miserably!!! Today I have got up, mucked out, made myself walk everywhere (including some long reining) and have an appointment at Curves for 4pm to get going to the gym!!! Off to Sainsburys directly to get some supplies in - I sooooo wanna do this but keep putting obstacles in my own way!!! What an idiot - daren't weigh!!!! Keep putting off starting cos I have a birthday meal tomorrow for Ben and this has been my excuse for days - soooooooo starting CONSO today - will have gala tomorrow night and see how I go!!! Hopefully the gym will tone everything up and drop a few pounds at the same time!!! NO MORE BLIMMIN EXCUSES - I am sick of myself TBH!!! My aim is to get back onto cruise when I can but for now the best I can do is conso but to the letter with absolutely NO deviations!!! Promise to you gals is that I will be positive Polly from now on or you have my permission to shoot me!! xxxx

BANG..........................................Trudy, you've got into a rut of self sabotage. Come on lass xxx your still a slim, beautiful, talented, kind, thoughtful lady . You've Drawn the Dukan line and conso tomorrow .............sorted. Did you go back to see the surgeon???

LOL Sid, I thought that first word too and then saw you'd written it.

T don't really know what to say hun, at least you can recognise that there is a problem and by starting conso at least you are making an effort to do something. well done. Get past the birthday party and then plan plan plan.

Trudy, first off, here's a big squeeze xox

Now... I know we set ourselves a challenge with the scales, but is it allowing you to ignore the potential damage your days off are doing? If the time isn't quite right for you, face those scales, get your Dukan food in and jump back on the bus :)

Remember how good it makes you feel? In control, happy, relieved! You can do it, I know you can xx

Thanks guys - great advice from all!!! Good start to the plan today with an impromptu PP day - wasn't intentional, just ran out of time and didn't 'need' the extras of conso but knowing they are there and that I am allowed them is helping.....
Joined the gym today and did a good initial work out but will be stiff tomorrow - they weighed me but I was a coward and didn't look, they also measured me- will face the scales next week and be brave!!! Joined for their six week program - will see how I go!!!
Menu for today:-
B - muffin
L - chicken
D - muffins/ custard
Gala meal tomorrow night so will probably do a proper conso day!!! Gym planned too!!!
Night night all xxx

oh TRUDY... I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time of it. I see that everyone is encouraging you to get back in the Dukan saddle, so I won't say a word against it. I'm glad you've got yourself signed up for some exercise. I know you get lots of activity with your busy life but it's good to do something with others, having someone else keep an eye on your weight.

Once, on an other site, in total despair, we had a no holds barred open "counselling" session among eaters. Others of course were welcome to join in but most were so shocked to read at the quantities people like me could swallow, and the lengths we would go to to avoid detection/obtain our food etc etc.

Dieting is all very well but it's blatantly obvious that some of us need something else!

Meanwhile... I'm 1K up today after my birthday shenanigans. It mightn't have been so bad had I stuck to the social meals I told you guys about, but of course I went over and beyond (when no one was looking!).

Take care Trudy
x

Hang on in there Trudy. It is so easy to let a little slip turn into an avalanche & then the head takes over with negativity. I say that from experience. Put it behind you & carry on as best you can at the moment & hopefully it will all fall back into place. You've done the hardest part & shown that you have great willpower & determination.
xx

we can do this together T. we can all relate to the anguish your dealing with those self sabotage diet demons get everywhere. Its hard to understand why we get off the bus when we know how upset and negative we get.
You have been my MM Dukan Rock and many others too you have helped loads and loads of people. So T its our turn to help our lovely friend if we can.

oh TRUDY... I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time of it. I see that everyone is encouraging you to get back in the Dukan saddle, so I won't say a word against it. I'm glad you've got yourself signed up for some exercise. I know you get lots of activity with your busy life but it's good to do something with others, having someone else keep an eye on your weight.

Once, on an other site, in total despair, we had a no holds barred open "counselling" session among eaters. Others of course were welcome to join in but most were so shocked to read at the quantities people like me could swallow, and the lengths we would go to to avoid detection/obtain our food etc etc.

Dieting is all very well but it's blatantly obvious that some of us need something else!

Meanwhile... I'm 1K up today after my birthday shenanigans. It mightn't have been so bad had I stuck to the social meals I told you guys about, but of course I went over and beyond (when no one was looking!).

Take care Trudy
x
Oh I can relate to this post Jo!!!! Only have one friend who I can truly 'confess' amounts I eat on a binge as she is a fellow binger and totally understands the process!!! So far so good on conso day two....... Quite stiff and sore from the gym but I think a gentle workout today is in order to keep everything moving!!!

So v tired this morning but woke up feeling much, much better from a day 'in control'! Thanks for all your messages ladies - it really helps so thank you...... Started off with oat bran porridge this morning so feeling v full right now!!! Turkey stir fry planned for lunch and then the gala meal for Ben's final birthday celebration!!!! Will catch up on your diaries when I can - probably later tonight xxxx

Trudy - we are all behind you on this and we will all support you - you are not on your own we have all been there - I too was a classic binge eater - and a secret one at that!! Used to eat til I physically felt sick and my belly hurt - didnt eat cos I was hungry just cos I wanted to - everything revolved around food I was constantly thinking what could I eat next - I know I still have that binge in me cos sometimes on dukan I eat til my belly hurts but the difference now is its dukan food!! I have a list of foods I class as my trigger foods and these I can honestly say I'm never gonna eat again as I know a taste of them will send my sliding back up to my heaviest - these include chocolate, pastry, biscuits, crisps and potatoes - I've gone two years without them now and don't miss them at all but know just a taste could possibly push me over the dukan cliff!! Conso is defo the hardest stage - people think I'm mad when I say losing all my weight was the easy part but its true - we are all here for you Trudy xx you can do this xx :)

Afternoon Trudy, hope your day going well so far, birthday celebrations sound like they going to be fun. Well done on doing a good conso day, well done.

xx

Trudy - we are all behind you on this and we will all support you - you are not on your own we have all been there - I too was a classic binge eater - and a secret one at that!! Used to eat til I physically felt sick and my belly hurt - didnt eat cos I was hungry just cos I wanted to - everything revolved around food I was constantly thinking what could I eat next - I know I still have that binge in me cos sometimes on dukan I eat til my belly hurts but the difference now is its dukan food!! I have a list of foods I class as my trigger foods and these I can honestly say I'm never gonna eat again as I know a taste of them will send my sliding back up to my heaviest - these include chocolate, pastry, biscuits, crisps and potatoes - I've gone two years without them now and don't miss them at all but know just a taste could possibly push me over the dukan cliff!! Conso is defo the hardest stage - people think I'm mad when I say losing all my weight was the easy part but its true - we are all here for you Trudy xx you can do this xx :)

Fantastic post Scooter X

Fantastic posts from all you ladies xxx You strong enough to admit to your binging and surly that's the first step on the ladder back to tw. Heads down bums up, onwards and downwards and TOOT TOOT xxx

Thanks again ladies, good day today, Ben's birthday celebrations finished at last!!! Second day at the gym - boy I ache in places I didn't know I had places - hope to get there tomorrow at some point to keep the momentum going! Busy day on the yard - beautiful weather though!! Fantastic!
Menu for today:-
B - oatbran porridge
L - turkey and shrimp stir fry/ custard
D - gala meal (included bread and cheese portion)
Not feeling guilty about the gala meal - as I did PP day yesterday I am not doing PP Thursday though you never know it may just happen!!! x

Well done on the gym, and for getting back in control with things. All good advice here: just remember you have a HUGE cheerleading squad in the background ! Cx

So a good conso day today - loads of exercise too - a bit stiff and sore but that is only to be expected!!! Glorious weather helping to work up a sweat!!!
B - muffins
L - turkey/ apple
D- turkey/ cheese+ham+mustard sandwich/ muffins
Need more protein I know but considering where I was on Monday I am well happy!!! Gyming and in control of food - get in!!!! YAY! x

Back