The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Ditto Sid, well done on the control. Maybe ring your local library and see if they have a list of classes in the are for tap, you might be able to find a beginner class. Its always been something id love to do, not fit enough me though LOL

Glad to see you're still hard at it, Trudy... why oh why do we do it? I don't know about a tummy tuck, but I'm seriously considering jaw wiring!

Well hard at it definitely!!! Had enough of food ruling my life!!! Know that I am letting it so no more!!! Weighed this morning and enough is enough!!!! Though not as bad as I feared still not good!!! Missed gym yesterday but going today!!! At a show right now but planned ahead and have packed turkey and muffins to nibble!!!! Just as well as pouring rain and freezing cold!!!

Hope it warms up for you hun, sun seems to be peeking here, you know you can do the diet hun, you've already done it. Look back at those pictures and see just how far you have come...keep strong xx

Hey T, I have been searching online about loose skin after weight loss and came across something I think you might like to read. It doesn't explain why but here is what I found....

When to Consider Surgery for Loose Skin

Skin can only be stretched so far before it looses some of its ability to snap back. If you’ve had a 9-month pregnancy, then you’ll be able to tighten your loose skin. But if you’ve carried a hundred or more extra pounds for many years, you may be a candidate for plastic surgery to tighten and lift loose skin. This fix should only be used in extreme cases, and I should warn you: my clients who have undergone this operation have actually gained more fat afterwards while they were rehabilitating from surgery!

That last sentence is what I was thinking about, as I said it doesn't say why, but it looks like its a common problem, maybe its to do with mindset or food or something. So don't lose your way hunni, it looks as though you are going throu what is normal!!

Trudy, like you said enough is enough.....behave yourself. You have lost so much weigh and transformed your body with hard bloody work and topped it off with a tummy tuck. Your excuses have just ran out.................any more nibbling and I'm on that motorway down to sort you out lass lol ;). Seriously take a deep breath write a list of positives of loosing your weight and a list of negatives of living life a larger lady, pma will kick in xxx

Thanks ladies - good day today, great workout at the gym - spoke to my friend there who has suggested I look at overeaters anonymous - willing to try anything to get myself out of this binging cycle and not put anymore weight on!!! When I do the plan I do it well so just need to continue!!!! Today I had every excuse to break it - cold, blustery show, oodles of junk food on offer but because I was in the right frame of mind I stuck to my muffins and turkey and protein and have just had a lovely dinner - YUM!!!
Took our horse George to the hospital on the way home as was close by to visit our farrier who had a serious head injury - he was quite the celebrity and we gave rides to the nurses up and down the car park - it was good fun!!!! Matt (our friend) was on fine form and we had a laugh! He is improving every time we see him and the physio lady told us how much seeing us had bucked him up - wooohooo!
B - muffins
L - bacon and egg/ turkey
D - steak with broccoli/ mushroom and onion sauce/ muffins
PP Thursday tomorrow - gonna try and give it a go but not gonna worry if it doesn't happen - hope all good with you guys! xxx

Awww fab food day, overeaters anonymous is a great idea xxx

Ditto Col you sound really positive Trudy, glad the day went well and the hospital visit sounds like you cheered up more than just your friend, the nurses will all be going home tonight with tall tales their families won't believe LOL.

Sounding positive Trudy xx we are all right behind you xx take each day at a time - it's a bit like detoxing your body of carbs - bit like a smoker quitting smoking - the longer you go without bingeing on the wrong things the easier it gets - I still have the bingeing urge I know I do - some days I eat and eat and eat - but now it's all dukan food - today for instance - cos I'm doing a pp wed which I hate pp (i do weds sometimes instead of thurs just to get it out the way!!) I've had three pots of quark!!! During the week I eat melon like its going out of fashion- I have at least one a day - sometimes two!!!! But I think of it as better to be eating that than the wrong things - when I was on cruise - if ever I had a day I was really struggling I would have another batch of muffins - I figured it was better for me to eat double muffins one day rather than risk blowing the diet on something I really shouldn't have - you can do this gal xx sending dukan hugs xx

Scoot is that one whole melon a day ?

Scoot is that one whole melon a day ?

Yep :-/ I know I just love it!!! I have been known to have two!!!! But you know my decision with fruit and conso - I have what I want and just don't have any galas!!! Do you think I have a melon addiction!!!! ;-) its costing me a fortune as the ones I love are nearly £3.00 each!!!

Watermelon....my favorite too xxx sorry to talk fruit in your diary Trudy xxx Sorry.

Watermelon....my favorite too xxx sorry to talk fruit in your diary Trudy xxx Sorry.

Actually I know my pic is watermelon but that's not my fav - piel del sapo - it's absolutely amazing melon exclusive to asda - ate tons whilst in Spain - sorry getting all fruity on your diary Trudy!!!

Actually I know my pic is watermelon but that's not my fav - piel del sapo - it's absolutely amazing melon exclusive to asda - ate tons whilst in Spain - sorry getting all fruity on your diary Trudy!!!

Hey Scooter

My Muncher adores those melons too! :D

P x

STOP TALKING ABOUT MELONS!!

Trudy, I'm like Scooter, I just stuff myself with more and more Dukan food - imagine my joy (and scepticism) when I first read on here that the more protein you eat, the more weight you lose!

I hope life is quietening down for you somewhat and you have time to breathe! xx

Last edited:
Very worrying.....................

I'm here gals, just a bit off the wagon - still gyming but having trouble in the eating department!!!! One of our gals birthdays today so started the day with a cookie and some choccy!!! Going out to dinner tonight too - last night at a party and had pizza etc!!! Off to look at overeaters anonymous!!!

Back