The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

How are you lovely one? :)

Hey T, good news re the surgeon and your clothes sizes. Hope you're managing to keep it all together and sticking to a version of the plan. Hope you ok xxx

Hi guys, back from the horse show and eating has been 'normal' - no snacks or binging but not diet food sooooooo?! Comment for the last few days is - could have been worse!!! Going to get up early and make the gym before picking Ben up from the childminders......Sound like a plan? One of the OA gals has been in touch which is nice - stopped myself from binging tonight as really wanted to but moment has passed thank goodness! Hope you guys are all alright - will put the titles of the books I have bought when they arrive as can't remember their exact names!!! LOL! x

well done you on not binging. So proud of you. As for the last few days, sounds like you've at least controlled what you've eaten even if its not diet food.

Hiya, fantastic that the binge passed, Way to go but massive step. you sound positive and as was said controlled have a great Sunday xxx

How are you doing, T? Hope all ok and you had a lovely weekend! Xoxox

Hey T how you doing/ xx

xxxx good luck at oa xxx

checking in to see how you are... still a size 14, I see, so your eyes are still not seeing you as you truly are and even the surgeon said your tummy looked fine! Sooo...
I continue to be pleased to read that you're not back on Dukan (sorry to all current dukaners!). Hang in there. Try to treat yourself with delicious strawberries perhaps. Yum!

Today has been okay, gym done and food good! A 'clean' day by OA standards.... Reading my books which are v intense and went to the meeting last night which has renewed my feelings that I need this program..... Scared of the journey ahead but hopeful!! Defo know I don't want to continue to be out of control - one day at a time I know!!!!! Bear with me gals! X

I think we all need a plan that works, you know this works. Support is here by the bucket load. Best way to take it is one day at a time or even one meal at a time. xx

We're all with you Trudy and the good thing is alot of us can relate to what you're going through - my problem used to be I would bury my head in the sand and pretend it wasn't happening - not so with you, you are standing up and fighting - go girl were all here for you and you're gonna beat it xxx

Ditto Scooter.....good words there.

Luv and hugs xxx

Fab Scoot, We will bare with you every step of the way. Why ?????????? because we care for you and know exactly where your coming from xxx

Trudy my love, you will get through this with our help and we will get through it with your help! We're all in it together so don't ever feel alone. Let us in on some of the insights you get from OA, I'm sure we can all learn from it :) I personally would really like to know about my overeating tendancies and why I can't stop myself sometimes :)

Soooooo today has been an okay day again - clean from OA point of view and gym done so feeling satisfied...... Still trawling through the books and finding it tough to read though I can relate to most of what is written.... Basically I have realised that overeating is something I have no control over and I admit that now..... reading story after story from people like me has made me realise that I truly do have to deal with the crux of my overeating if I am ever going to be able to maintain a healthy body weight and not yo yo massively like I have over the years! Finding it difficult to define my 'trigger' foods as just saying carbs and sugar will mean that I abstain from them for ever - the sugar thing is easier for me than the carbs..... Honestly I know I wouldn't ever binge on potatoes or rice or pasta but I would on cake, crisps, pizza, biscuits, white bread so I am thinking that it is white flour products I should be abstaining from - do you guys have any thoughts to help me out???
Going to list my food each day as I think it helps me to look back at it be honest when I fall off the wagon!
Yesterday:-
B - milky coffee
L - oatbran porridge (odd I know but lovely)
D - spinach paneer/rice
Today
B - muffin
L - steak with tomatoes/mushroom/onion and peppercorn sauce/ lemon quark
D - two pieces of wholemeal toast/ muffins and dukan custard
Tomorrow evening we are going out to the pub for a meal - hoping to be diet friendly and sugar/white flour free! Then out the evening after at a horse show but going to a WONDERFUL italian restaurant!!!! ARGH that will be hard!!!!

Trudy, you are doing so well! You should be proud of all you are working through at the moment!

Re the food - if it is tricky explaining this or you just would rather not when out to dinner, you could tell people you have discovered you are gluten intolerant. So when out to dinner, you just tell the waiter that and you should then get a healthy meal with no bread/pasta etc. you could have a delicious steak/chicken or fish when out at the Italian, but the temptation is taken as if you say it's a medical condition, people won't try and get you to eat these things if they would make you ill.

Not sure if that would help at all, but could remove some of the trigger options.

Sending lots of lovely thoughts your way! Xx

Back