The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Day three has got a tick by it by the skin of my teeth!!! LOL! Came in a lunch time starving hungry and feeling stressed - got two slices of bread - piled on some peanut butter and shoved two more pieces of bread in the toaster - THEN I stood there looking at the sandwich and kept reminding myself how unhappy I would feel if I ate it sooooooo I PUT IT IN THE BIN!!!! Get me !! WOOOHOOO! Tucked into some turkey instead and yoghurt! PHEW was a close shave! Cooked some muffins too.....
B - coffee
L - turkey/ yoghurt
D - loads of chicken/ salad/ muffins/yoghurt
A bit too much yoghurt today but better than peanut butter and what would have followed after!!!!

Brilliant!! Woman of steel :)

I bought garlic and herb chicken pieces for lunch today and managed to PEEL OFF AND THROW AWAY THE SKIN!! Didn't think I'd have the willpower. Great to on the roller coaster with all of you again cx

Impressive stuff Trudy... advanced planning is so crucial to this and any diet. When you came in starving, you just wanted FOOD. QUICKLY. ANYTHING! Why not prepare lunch in a Tupperware before you go out in the morning? (I make my lunch Tupperware at the same time as my dinner actually!) That way, when I want food, it's THERE!

Another thing I do - dunno if I've mentioned this before - but I often prepare cold meals at the weekend early. Plate up my salad/whatever and leave it covered in the fridge until I'm HUNGRY. Rather than waiting for the right time to eat lunch, when I'm starving, when my portion control might go out of the window!

I don't think I could live in a house with peanut butter rejects in the bin. I'd probably have got up last night and fished them out!

<Mind you - we don't yet know that you didn't! haaaa!>

Hahaha that is hilarious - PB sandwich still in the bin unless the rats have raided it!!! Totally agree that planning is crucial and if I am honest with myself I have wasted time in the evening watching tv when I could have been cooking up a storm, next week I promise myself that I will indeed get cooking again and planning ahead!!!

Trudy, WELL DONE! You need to give yourself a SERIOUS pat on the back. You thought before you ate - normally when in that frame of mind I will quickly eat before giving myself time to think because I don't want to think, because I know what thinking will tell me and that's not what I want to do. Your rational mind overrode your amygdala, the key to breaking an addiction xxx

Fantastic xxx hope you having a good Dukan weekend xxx

Amygdala... Wasn't that the princess from Star Wars? :)

Dodgy days gals, managed until 8pm on Friday when one of our horses fell over on the concrete at the show - bless her she was totally shell shocked!!! I was gutted! Had been a long day and a friend turned up at the show ground with pizza and before I could think I ate a piece and another and another - since then been a disaster again - so bloated and clothes don't fit - today I am starting again!!!! Gosh this is a very repetitive diary!!! ARGH!

Today is a new day! You can do it, Trudy! At least you keep posting! I went totally AWOL for weeks ;)
what's your food for today? Xx

Your hear posting and not hiding the fact that you've slipped, that's a massive step forward xxx better than going AWOL and facing it all on your own Trudy xxx

So glad the horse is ok... you must have been so worried... Be kind to Trudy too :)

Day one gone okay - massive cravings hitting me from all sides but so far so good - made a batch of muffins this morning and another in the oven now - food okay for the day - taking remaining muffins to rehearsal with me to keep me on track!!!! Early start in the morning taking my friend to Birmingham airport for 7am!!! OH that will be fun - gonna treat myself to a costa skinny latte!!! WOOOHOOOO!.
B - coffee
L - calamari/ smoked mackerel/ prawns
D - xtra lean ham/ muffins
Hope you are all doing good! x

Good day there Trudy xxx hope you enjoyed your skinny latte xxx

Good for you, Trudy! Enjoy the skinny latte.

Ooh Trudy, your poor horse :( Pizza is one of those foods that seems to really mess up your body when you give in to it. Sorry you are feeling blechy. I had one pizza binge a few months ago and it was just like I had drank a fifth of tequila - I was sick all night long and woke up with a killer headache - it did stop pizza cravings though, so I haven't had any since! Hope you enjoyed your skinny latte and remember the craving will be gone soon - be strong!

... and an inventive cook like yourself could always knock up a Dukan pizza when next tempted (galette + toppings of your choice). It's been an age since I made one of those. You've given me ideas now!

Hope you've plenty of chicken to hand. Nothing nicer than ripping off a cooked chicken leg and gnawing!

Happy weekend (and hope the horse isn't too nervous still...)

x

Back