The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Trudy Trude!

Hello, hello, and please forgive me my absence. I will explain all but for now I just want to say that I got sucked in to catching up on your diary - unintentionally really as I just meant to have a quick skim read but once I started it was so compelling and I needed to go back and follow your route to the tummy op and beyond.

While I was reading (took about 3 days to catch up!), I went through every conceivable emotion! Nothing that hasn't been mentioned but just being massively impressed by your courage and tenacity, by your manically busy life and how much you give of yourself to other people. I was rooting for you through all the dieting ups and downs too - was glad you went for the op as you clearly had thought it through and wanted it, and then totally relate to your ups and downs with the binging, desperately wanting to be able to do something to help but we all know, it's down to us really. There's some mad switch in our heads and we just need to be able to control it.

Most of all I'm impressed that you have kept posting. And you really are doing incredibly well, despite the ups and downs. I'm glad you're getting support through OA as while reading, I was really hoping you would get some counselling or support from somewhere - the worst thing isn't the binging, it's that it makes you feel crappy afterwards.

I have to say, I feel that reading your journey over several months has maybe given me a bit of an overview. I mean, at first you were definitely in a binge/be strict cycle, which didn't seem very productive. You'd binge, then come here and confess, get told it was ok, be good for a few days then binge again. The latter posts however seem to show that you've had a bit more control - not always but you've definitely been able to put a halt to things before they got too bad and I don't think you should underestimate how hugely important that is. Sorry if I'm making observations here that aren't accurate as I know I've been totally AWOL and probably don't get the half of it but honestly, reading your diary has been so emotional - I really do feel like we're all in it with you!

Totally love hearing about what you're learning through OA too - please keep us up to date with what you learn. I just can't put into words how much I respect you and how much strength I'm wishing you through this. You've done so very well, I'm really rooting for you to find a way to be peaceful with food that makes you feel good. Who am I kidding? I want all of us to find that way - I know I certainly haven't!

Big hugs and sorry for long post, but it's been a while!

Joodle xx

Lovely post, jood cxx

Fantastic post Trudy will love it xxx She is a very special woman xxx

And I woke up having somehow been thinking about it overnight....sorry Trudy, you must think I'm mental! But the thing I was thinking was that I just loved seeing your before (from your 40th) and after shots - ay-may-zing! So even though there have been blips and there are still demons to be battled, just please, please keep looking at how far you've come. You know you're never going back there and that's incredible! You have Dukan as a tool to fight with and the OA stuff and minimins!

Ok, I'll shut up now!

xx

I've scared her off :eek:

HAHA Joodle what a lovely post and great to see you back...... You pretty much summed it all up in your post - hit the nail on the head so to speak!!! I am battling big time but still trying..... BIG news gals is though that I have gone to Slimming World .............. I needed to do something different and have done the plan before and tbh if I can just maintain I will be content for now!!! Weighed in at a mammoth 14 stone - was horrified to be fair but weighed in this morning and am 13 st 8 lb - gonna update my stats now and face them - god I feel worse writing it down but there it is done - feeling tentatively positive for now - was amaze balls to want a snack and tuck into some melon!!!! Ironic after weeks of junk food!!! I hope you guys will 'let' me post here as you truly have been there for me!!!! Will try not to be a stranger!!!! T xxx

Woop! woop! woooooooooppppp!!

Great to see this, Trudy :D

Sometimes we just need to give something else a try, to see if that will work for us.

I have also been loving the option to snack on fruit. It makes grabbing something so much easier! I am not having crazy quantities, but I know I can have an apple or pear if I get peckish and it will tide me over.

Don't worry about your starting weight. That will soon be off, and you've already lost a nice chunk!! Well done you :)

I feel the same about posting here, I'm a total Dukan fraud now, but I would miss everyone if I ventured over to the other side properly. .. ;)

xxx

and, on the other side, you have to clap when people lose weight <cringe cringe!>
Don't you dare be a stranger, and I'd love to see your menus please!
:)

Oh lordy don't do the clapping thing either!!!! LOL! Day four today and last night I was up three times so I guess the water bloat is going!!! Really am loving the fruit and freedom to eat more variety - unlike Amy I have not avoided carbs but embraced the plan wholeheartedly... I will have to see what the results are and go from there......I am trying not to eat too much and have made batches of everything I cook so there is always something to heat up quickly in the microwave - gonna make some soup today - BNS I think! YUM....
Typical menu as follows:-
Breakfast - grapes /cereal bar
L - chicken and rice with courgette, mushroom, bean sprouts and onion
D - pasta bolognese with 1 oz cheese
S - 1 pck Snack a Jacks
Trying to bulk meals with plenty of veg added in but we will see - avoiding the bread thing atm - don't think I need to go there!!!!

Your menu looks great. so glad uou are enjoying it!! xx

Yeah.... So the low carbs thing lasted about 4 days for me ;) I have since had spaghetti, pasta shapes, SW chips, jacket potato, wedges, rice... Ha! And really enjoyed it all. It is cheaper and I can just fit in with the family which is a huge help!

I am doing the same as you, T. I am cooking up big stews, soups, chilli etc. then always easy to grab real food rather then hunting down whatever is to hand. Also trying to make enough to keep the freezer stocked too for the week. (Can't remember if I already said that in a prev post - apols if I am repeating myself, on my phone and can't check!) :)

Have a fantastic weekend!! Xxx

Oh food was good today - sorry guys but as long as I lose a tiny amount each week this just might be the way for me!!! Was very hungry for some reason but I think it will be a balance! Managed to get through the horse show unscathed has been almost unheard of these days!!! So will try and eat less tomorrow!!!!
B - xtra lean ham
L - chicken and salad/ banana
D - chicken, rice, courgette, mushroom, bean sprouts and onion/ rice pudding with banana and single cream!
Oh it was too good - had the cream as my sins - just glorious!!!

Trudy food looks great and as always this is a marathon not a sprint xxx as long as you eating and enjoying it doesn't matter how long it takes xxx

Oh well done Trudy, you sound much happier and calmer already!

Never done slimming world myself but is it very different to weight watchers? Apart from the clapping of course...what's that all about!!?!?

Jx

The clapping doesn't work for me either!!!! LOL..... Siddid, lovely lady, are you doing okay? miss reading you and hope that you are doing okay............... Feel free to update on my diary!!!! might make more interesting reading than my usual drivel!!! xxxx

You're doing great Trudy - can you still have the corned beef quiche on slimming world ? Used to eat tons of that when I did it!! Looks like you could be on for slimmer of the week - extra clapping!!!! xxx keep up the good work :)

Thanks Scooter - just realised I have no longer lost 100 lbs - oh dear - have removed my century badge!!! Will be good to put it back on there when I achieve it again - got my profile right when I called myself a typical yo yo dieter!!! LOL! Cornbeef quiche - omg with Tomato Ketchup - yummy!!! x

Back