The Food Diary of a Newbie (Comments Welcomed Esp If Im Going Wrong!)

lovely girls. i cannot wait to get home on saturday and start cooking, am away training all week so eating out everynight but using syns for it. hoping its ok xxx

5th February

Breakfast: 2 alpen light bars (HExB), banana - free
Lunch: jacket spud, baked beans and salad - free
Snack: muller light and apple
Snack: bit of leftover Bombay potatoes from Monday night
Tea: spicy spag Bol made with lots of mushrooms and tomatoes and 2 tbsp brown sauce (2syns) and 20g light cheddar (3 syns) - 5 syns in total
Milk in tea for HExA

Total syns for day - 5

Attachments

• image-3392242841.jpg
    image-3392242841.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hi - I can't help you very much as I do Green days - never done EE but do SW from home.

Know what you mean about the photo that made you do it - I had one which I could not believe was me. Some friends took it when we were on holiday and sent it via the internet and I asked my OH who the hell was in the photo until I recognised the clothes :cry: We never had a full length mirror in the house and I would not buy one but that photo was the spurt I needed. Lost 5 and half stone years ago but recently been out of the game for 6 months due to an accident and gained a stone so here I am again.

Your food photos look nice - well done with the weight loss and onward and downwards.

(Have you tried the Benefit Bars from Aldi - a lot cheaper than Alpen and same size and taste nice)

Hi - I can't help you very much as I do Green days - never done EE but do SW from home. Know what you mean about the photo that made you do it - I had one which I could not believe was me. Some friends took it when we were on holiday and sent it via the internet and I asked my OH who the hell was in the photo until I recognised the clothes :cry: We never had a full length mirror in the house and I would not buy one but that photo was the spurt I needed. Lost 5 and half stone years ago but recently been out of the game for 6 months due to an accident and gained a stone so here I am again. Your food photos look nice - well done with the weight loss and onward and downwards. (Have you tried the Benefit Bars from Aldi - a lot cheaper than Alpen and same size and taste nice)

Hi systema, thanks for the post. It's scary when you see a photo of yourself and you don't feel like that person. I've always been a bit of a chubster but I don't actually feel as big as I clearly am! It's mega frustrating! I've moved in with my boyfriend recently who has full length mirrors on all the wardrobes!! I try to take my contact lenses out quickly when we go up to bed, at least that way I can't see as much! Ha ha! That's fantastic about your weight loss, how long did it take you to lose that lot? How much are you hoping for this time round?

I will try the bars from Aldi, our Aldi is over the other side of town but next time I'm passing I will call in and stock up! Thanks for the tip :) xx

6th February -

Brekkie: 2 alpen light bars (HExB), banana
Snack: 2 small slices of cheese (2 syns), pickled onions - 2 syns total
Lunch: left over spag Bol from last night, no cheese - 1 syn for sauce
Snack: Apple, nectarine, satsuma, , muller Greek lemon (0.5 syn) , mini pot of philly lightest (1.5 syns)
Tea: sirloin steak, sw chips, mushrooms, tomato, garden peas, good dollop of mustard (1/2 syn per tsp, 2 syns max) - 2 syns Milk in tea for HExA

Total syns for day - 7

Attachments

• image-863221355.jpg
    image-863221355.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Your chicken curry looks delicious!!!!!! Here to follow. I've started recently and I'm going to a meeting as not really done SW before.

Hi here to follow ur journey. Im also an old class member doing it from home this time. Good luck! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Jennie and Bubble,

Nice to see you both! Do you guys also have diaries? If so I'll subscribe to yours too for the mutual support :)

Jennie, the curry, even if I do say so myself, was gorgeous! So quick and a great way to use leftovers, I hope to do the same with leftover lamb on Monday! Mmm I could eat it now! Xx

Your chicken curry looks delicious!!!!!! Here to follow. I've started recently and I'm going to a meeting as not really done SW before.

Hey Jennie, I just looked on your profile to see if you have a diary thread and I see your an audiologist, I run a little company doing workplace noise assessments and audiometry testing (only the basic stuff tho), coincidence tho hey! I don't often meet people who work in audiology :) xx

Hi Jennie and Bubble,

Nice to see you both! Do you guys also have diaries? If so I'll subscribe to yours too for the mutual support :)

Jennie, the curry, even if I do say so myself, was gorgeous! So quick and a great way to use leftovers, I hope to do the same with leftover lamb on Monday! Mmm I could eat it now! Xx

I have a diary the link is on my signature if you want to have a look, the more input and support the merrier.:) As you say all comments welcome don't want to be doing it wrong.:whip: crack the whip out if so....

Weigh day tomorrow after my first full week back on sw! I'm a bit apprehensive but mainly excited! I feel a bit slimmer so I just hope that I'm not getting my hopes up too high! Fingers crossed for a good number :-/

Good luck! Whatever the outcome you did your best and thats all any one of us can do. Fingers crossed for you, it certainly gives you a buzz when its in the right direction.:cross:

2.5lb off this week, I'm pleased especially as I've been eating lovely food and not been hungry. I was really hoping for 3 but when I think about it I did go to a party on Saturday, I wasn't toooo badly behaved compared to how I would have been before but I didn't count syns (was too sloshed to by the end anyway), plus I've not been to the gym once! Shocking! I'm going to try to thrash the gym next week to see how it effects loss!

I'm a bit apprehensive about this weekend as I'm visiting my mates, we are out for a meal tonight then to see a tribute band tomorrow then out for drinks, I know there's going to be lots of alcohol around and I will have less control over what I can eat but I'm going to try to make sensible decisions!

Come on will power, I'm going to need you this weekend! Xx

Well done! Enjoy the weekend we've got to learn to make our changes a part of life so we must tackle those sorts of weekends and just do our best at the time. Otherwise we'll never go anywhere in fear of being synful! Get back to 100% optimising when u can, don't do a "me" and write the week off. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

2.5lb off this week, I'm pleased especially as I've been eating lovely food and not been hungry. I was really hoping for 3 but when I think about it I did go to a party on Saturday, I wasn't toooo badly behaved compared to how I would have been before but I didn't count syns (was too sloshed to by the end anyway), plus I've not been to the gym once! Shocking! I'm going to try to thrash the gym next week to see how it effects loss!

I'm a bit apprehensive about this weekend as I'm visiting my mates, we are out for a meal tonight then to see a tribute band tomorrow then out for drinks, I know there's going to be lots of alcohol around and I will have less control over what I can eat but I'm going to try to make sensible decisions!

Come on will power, I'm going to need you this weekend! Xx

That's fantastic!!!

Back