Attack The good the bad (& the ugle!)

Cherry.

So The Good....I have just finished a 6 day attack, and thrilled to lose 5.4lb.
The Bad...I'm really worried that going into cruise I will stall and get disheartened.
The Ugle...(sorry too much info alert but if I can't ask you guys who else. Would know) I haven't had a poo in 7 days....Help!!!!

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome xxx

First, well done!! The hardest part of the diet is over..
Now, don't worry, first week of cruise might be a bit slow, but you will lose for sure..
it is amazing you lost this much being constipated!! I use a herbal tea which helps.. On dukan site live chat sonja's advice is :
- Constipation can be a side effect from the diet, but do not worry we have plenty of solutions for this. Check to see if you are drinking enough; remember your liquid intake ought to be 1.5 to 2l per day. Drinking water that is really cold, almost icy helps. Go ahead and increase your oatbran intake to 3tbs per day and take 200 grammes of baked rhubarb per day. Know that you can also get digestive aid fruit squares from our online shop. Should this not be effect, you can go to your GP and have him provide you with a mild laxative.

Hope this helps..

I've found that the constipation, umm - passes in time. It just got less of an issue after the first month, and I haven't needed help since.

I used senkot a couple of times, when it had been more than 4-5 days. A brisk morning walk to Caffe Nero, for a strong black coffee and ice water does the trick now.

The Ugle...(sorry too much info alert but if I can't ask you guys who else. Would know) I haven't had a poo in 7 days....Help!!!!

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome xxx

Page 343 of his book says 'Correct constipation with rhubarb or fresh mineral water rich in magnesium on an empty stomach'.

I buy the tins of rhubarb in light syrup from Tesco and drain it well, that seems to do the trick with me, or a cup of strong white coffee.

294%5C5000119131294%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Back