The heat is on!!!! WEDDING!!!

Hi Jan I don't dislike the ribbon actually, I think maybe the reason you do not like the end result is because you have everything a bit to regimented across the front. For example close your eyes for 5 seconds then open them and look at your card then carefully monitor where your eyes are travelling, what can you see first, second, third etc. For me I start in the middle then look down to the right hearts, top right next,ribbon and top left hgearts and finally the last thing I look at is the bottom left. So by the time I finished I went a bit dizzy ish as my eyes travelled in a full circle across the page. This is a bit to much and also quite a few elements are repeating themselves. I would reduce the number of elements and group them together for a more coherent look. I also think your invites are a bit sombre a bit to much black. Unless you go very minimalist you might run the risk of making them look like funeral hymn sheets.
I have a post on wedding stationery HERE on my blog and some more example's HERE . I am happy to have a phone chat with you and advise on position all your bits on a the card in a few different layouts and see if you like them better. I do this for a living now and have been involved as a freelance papercraft tutor within the industry for the last 15 years, been published in quite a few magazines as well so one can say I amassed a bit of experience in this time. I think they would look lovely with a bit of tweaking and I am all for people doing as much as they can themselves, you do not need to spend lots of money to get the perfect look if you're a bit creative.xx

Last edited:
How weird I was just replying, thanks for your advice but I bought silver ribbon today and made the inside white with silver writhing they look fab! Love them now plus made wee cards to send back in small envelopes with our address on them so no one is running out to buy acceptance cards!

They now look great everyone in work was impressed. I love arts and crafts next step the favours!

Thank you :) xxxx

well I am pleased you're sorted and happy with them. I kinda of knew you would have it sorted in no time you strike me the type that just has to do it NOW :)

Ohhhh I do I bought the ribbon at lunch and have been itching to get home and make them all day!!! One of my annoying traits determination wish could apply it to loosing weight lol

Thanks for your help though xxx

Well I'm off to the venue to discuss figures and hopefully get a glance of the room (it's just being built!) might have a wee cheeky diet come once there...... Hold me back lol x

How did it go Jan? I admire your grit and determination at making your own invitations in such a creative way (as I said, I made mine, but simply typed a Powerpoint presentation!). I think your guests will appreciate the time and effort you've put into them (even if, as an "oldie", black and white wouldn't be my choice personally but you're probably "fashionable" and I'm not!)

Hi M it went well helped us choose menu and time everything for the day :) my cake runs are on route do will be doing s trial run at weekend! Invites are ready to be posted and favours are now being made so excited!!! We were going to do purple invites to match bridesmaid dresses but kept it black and white to match my dress, changed the ribbon to silver so very happy with them now :) near enough everything is in place just need him to turn up now lol

Invites went down a treat everyone loves them :) cake tins arrived so defo doing some sampling lol x

errr sampling of what???!!

I'm making my own cake so I need to do a few dummy runs before the day! Everyone in work has been warned to be my tasters lol but it's pretty basic Madeira cake with strawberry jam and vanilla icing. I've no doubt I can do it as I've been baking for years just need to make sure it looks presentable lol

Obv can't try it myself so need to rely on my tasters lol

Hey jan, just catching up on the wedding plans. Getting close now! Everything going smoothly? It was a funny coincidence they were trying to have the dukan meet up on your wedding day!

Good luck and please share more pics! Bet the dress looks gorgeous on you.

OMG Jan I LOVE IT ALL!!! Black and white my absolute favourite (see profile pic!) Listen lady I can't think that you will look anything less than blimmin drop dead georgous on your wedding day in that dress!With only 7lbs left to go to your own target and the pic you posted of you and your fella recently - just gonna look amazing!!!! Think you might have a touch of sight anorexia - I had it in the opposite direction when I was twenty stone!! Thought I looked 'okay' now I am at target I find myself 'finding' fat that's not really there..... Just seen some photos of me at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and realise I actually am no longer fat!!! LOL!

Dukanista said:
Hey jan, just catching up on the wedding plans. Getting close now! Everything going smoothly? It was a funny coincidence they were trying to have the dukan meet up on your wedding day!

Good luck and please share more pics! Bet the dress looks gorgeous on you.

Thanks Mrs :) I know the exact day if wedding lol couldn't believe it lol

All plans are now sorted just counting the days down :) xx

trudyc said:
OMG Jan I LOVE IT ALL!!! Black and white my absolute favourite (see profile pic!) Listen lady I can't think that you will look anything less than blimmin drop dead georgous on your wedding day in that dress!With only 7lbs left to go to your own target and the pic you posted of you and your fella recently - just gonna look amazing!!!! Think you might have a touch of sight anorexia - I had it in the opposite direction when I was twenty stone!! Thought I looked 'okay' now I am at target I find myself 'finding' fat that's not really there..... Just seen some photos of me at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and realise I actually am no longer fat!!! LOL!

Bout time you realised gorgeous girl!!
My fiance says the same says I wear Jan tinted glasses Haha
Thanks for your comments I hope I look as beautiful as you all think I will :)

We both into rock music so family not surprised at all wedding is black and white with a surprise customized cake topper :) sooooooooooo enjoyed organising and making everything xxx

My DD was a bridesmaid for her godmother on New Years Eve at Gretna green and the colours were black and white. Everyone had to wear those colorus, including guests. So proud of her she looked gorgeous in her dress, so did the bride.

Can't wait to see your pics.

Your dress and cake reflects the rock chic in you Jan and i totally agree with Trudy....your going to look stunning xxx

Annies Song - amazing tune!!! Brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it! xxx

Fantastic news Jan, try not too put too much pressure on yourself to lose the weight, if you stick to the diet you know it will work, but whatever your size or weight it will be the most amazing day.

Back