The 'I survived...' thread

I survived Costa today. The weather here is absolutely miserable and you know a Gingerbread Latte would have gone down a TREAT. But I survived and made do with an Americano with Skimmed Milk because seriously, at the end of the day, it's only a coffee and I refuse to waste loads of calories on a drink.

Now to survive the rest of the day... Am I the only one that wants to eat stodgy food when the weather is rubbish? Like mashed potatoes, pies, curries etc...? I WILL resist!

No I am definitely with you there - would give anything for a pasta bake with loads of cheese. Or cheese and potato pie!

Must resist as am having one last push before holiday next week! I will get into the next stone bracket! (even if I have put it on when I get back!)

Not having a good day. I really did think I had knocked my emotional eating on the head but apparently not :( - old feelings about filling up on food are starting to surface in response to crappy days and so far I haven't given in. Yet. If I can survive these next few days I really can do this...

Thank you SL, that was just what I needed to hear xxx

I guess I'm sort of frustrated that after a year of this my brain STILL responds to crisis with the 'food will make it better' mentality. I can push it away and ignore it but sadly, it's still there. I think the revelation has been that it probably always will be...

Personally I think recognising that it is there and always will be is half the battle won!!!!

Lot's of love Morrigan, you can move past this. :)

Thanks ladies, much love back atcha. I did survive the last few days with my calories intact ;) You are right, recognising the problem is half the battle. I feel a lot better today about everything :)

I survived Costa Coffee had a skinny latte,Nandos had chicken fillet burger on it's own,Harvester had spitroast with salad and a party had half a lager all in one day!!God it was hard!!!
Still came in under calories too woohoo :)

NatalieMeadows said:
I survived Costa Coffee had a skinny latte,Nandos had chicken fillet burger on it's own,Harvester had spitroast with salad and a party had half a lager all in one day!!God it was hard!!!

Wow all in one day. Well done!!!!

It has to be the hardest thing ever doesn't it sitting watching other people have what ever they want to eat and drink :(

But if I had blown it could have been a week where I stayed the same or gained!

Just seen this. What amazing survival skills you have!! Just goes to show you CAN go out to restaurants and stay within your calories. Well done you lady! xx

Morrigan said:
Just seen this. What amazing survival skills you have!! Just goes to show you CAN go out to restaurants and stay within your calories. Well done you lady! xx

Aw thanks Hun it was hard but well worth it as I lost 3 pounds :)

Morrigan said:
Thanks ladies, much love back atcha. I did survive the last few days with my calories intact ;) You are right, recognising the problem is half the battle. I feel a lot better today about everything :)

Had horrible two days - 140 calories over yesterday but have survived at work and buying petrol without buying food to sabotage how well I've been doing - so close though. I agree it's recognising emotional eating and not allowing it to beat you - well done!!

Back