The Incredible Shrinking Woman

wheesht

Just keep swimming...
Now I am into cruise, and the speedy weight losses are going to reduce, I think it's time to start a diary to help keep me going to the happy end.

Not such a happy day today, as our oldest guinea pig (we had 5) died through the night. :sigh:

She took ill very suddenly on Saturday evening and we took her to the vet first thing Monday. They were not sure what was wrong but told me to give her a course of antibiotics. Anyway, they didn't work and when I checked on her at 2am she had gone.

The girls are heartbroken. They will be fine though and they still have 4 other little piggies to comfort them.

Also it is totm for me, so I have a raging headache and cravings for some things (lager last night, bread today). But not bad enough cravings to make me cave. So the diet is still going extremely well and I am loving being able to have veggies!!

Had turkey rashers, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast. Was lovely.

Not sure what to have for lunch.

Thinking of having a savoury galette for dinner and filling it with quorn, baby leeks, with a fromage frais dressing. And with a small serving of asparagus tips (absolutely love them!).

Off to the hospital this afternoon for tests on my kidneys :eek: Have suffered UTIs very frequently for years and they want to find out why. It sort of worries me because I know this diet can be quite hard on the kidneys...

Anyway, a sad day but we are making the most of it.

Gosh - a sad day indeed... I'm sorry for you and your little ones.

Well done on not letting the cravings tempt you. Your galette and veg sound lovely but don't forget to keep your protein levels high nonetheless.

Perhaps you might mention to the doctor that you're doing this sort of diet in case it's ill advised for your particular condition. I presume you drink plenty of water, and I don't suppose it's very hot where you are ;)

Keep it up!

Thanks jaqkys : )

Thanks also Jo. The girls seem to be ok now thankfully. Kids are resilient!

Am going to fill the galette with quorn, just for a change from the usual chicken.

Fortunately my kidneys seem fine (phew!) but there seems to be a problem with my bladder as it isn't emptying properly, which seems to be what is causing the UTIs. Will wait to see what the rest of the scan results say when I get the appt from the doc.

Very, very relieved my kidneys are fine! So it is onward and downward with Dukan!

I am drinking more water now than I ever have in my life I think and feel so much more better for it. And you are right - there's no danger of my dehydrating in the heat up here lol!

Delighted to see your diary, chica. :D Will be definitely in here for a nosy at least once a day.

Sorry to hear about the wee guinea pig but kids are good at bouncing back.

Good news re. docs. I'd be disappointed to have to quit Dukan when I've found something that seems to work so well.
Because of the kidney warning with Dukans I've become more vigilant about drinking enough. I now drink 3L of water without a thought and feel much more alert. I find it easier to drink plain water in the summer though.

This was the first day I felt a wee wobble - OH was tucking into a pain au chocolat for brekkie and I thought "oh, that's not fair!" but distracted myself with some stewed rhubarb. With at least 130 days on cruise ahead of me, no doubt it's only the first of many little trials and tribulations. :p

Just started cruise again myself, well done for not giving into the cravings - it's all about strengthening that resistance muscle :) as Jo would say xx

alottolose so true - my resistance muscle has had more exercise this week than in its entire life!

Hi lausanne - aaw it's nice to be missed!

Have been really busy with work and children - how very dare they interfere with my minimins time :D

Well, all going well so far. Haven't lost any more since finishing Attack but I have had 'transition issues' and think this might be to blame. Haven't cheated at all but I haven't managed much exercise which won't help :sigh:

Anyway, haven't put any on which is the main thing. And I've had quite a few comments over the last few days about the fact I am looking slimmer, and all from people who don't know I am on a diet!

I can see the difference myself and can already feel my confidence rise. So all good!

Have had 2PP days together yesterday and today, so that Sat and Sun can be PV days. We are going into Edinburgh to the Fringe tomorrow so will pack some cooked chicken and salad veg to pick at.

Need to go eat - am starving!

Another pound down this morning - so that is me dead on 11.0! Only a matter of days and I should be in the 10 stone bracket whoop!

Haven't been ten stone something for years! Can't wait.

However, it comes with a warning sign. I have a tendency to achieve mini goals then relax as I have 'got there', and that leads me to going off the diet. Is daft, and a form of self sabotage I guess.

So once I get to 10.13 I need to mentally set my next mini target and be just as determined to get there!

Well done, wheesht you are doing really well and will see those 10's very soon I'm sure. I am getting very close to the 11's and will be really excited to get out of that 12 stone bracket! Hope you have a good time at the Fringe.

Hey wheesht :)

Lovely to see your postings....I'm the same in as much as when I get within a sniff of a mini goal I hit the big red button [note to self - leave big red buttons alone!:D]

Keep posting menus etc and hopefully your minimins addiction will get you through :) I'm hoping mine will this time x

Well done, wheesht you are doing really well and will see those 10's very soon I'm sure. I am getting very close to the 11's and will be really excited to get out of that 12 stone bracket! Hope you have a good time at the Fringe.

Thanks Taffy :) Getting near to that next stone bracket really spurs you on doesn't it?

Had a fab time at the fringe. And was immensely proud of myself as I took along a packed lunch of salad, eggs and chicken and nibbled on that all day whilst my sister and our kids had toasties and icecream... didn't even feel tempted!

And walked MILES - up and down those hundreds of steps too!

Went out on the town with our hubbys in the evening. I was designated driver so stuck to diet coke all evening. Am feeling ever so saintly today :D

Hey wheesht :)

Lovely to see your postings....I'm the same in as much as when I get within a sniff of a mini goal I hit the big red button [note to self - leave big red buttons alone!:D]

Keep posting menus etc and hopefully your minimins addiction will get you through :) I'm hoping mine will this time x

Aw thanks alot :) I like the idea of the big red button :D Glad it's not just me who has them!

Definitely helps to chat on here and know that we are not alone.

Having a good day so far. Hoping I will have dropped a pound by tomorow to be 10.13. If not, it's not the end of the world and will get there eventually.

You are doing great, chica. I'll look forward to reading about your Zumba experience, hopefully minus accounts of paramedic intervention. Got my fingers crossed for 10.13 for you on the scales today. :vibes::vibes:

It worked Lausanne - I'm 10.13 today!!!!

:bliss::banana dancer::bunnydance::woohoo::party0011::wee:
:stickdance: :party0038::party0016::party0048::party0049:

Can you tell I'm pleased? :D

Can't remember the last time I was in the tens. So so pleased. Next mini goal is getting under 10.7. No sabotaging going on yet!

PP day today and had a lovely brekkie of turkey rashers and chopped up eggs (yummmm). Have made my galette for lunch.

Have a day off today so am going to roast a whole chicken for picking at over the next two days and will make a load of burgers for putting in the freezer.

Need to get organised for the next week as will probably need to be in the office a lot from now on as we are moving to larger premises. Got so much to arrange yikes!

oooh wheesht I am so happy for you. Crossing into a "new stone" is a great feeling (and I have a particular desire to cross back into THAT stone myself ;)).

Thanks so much Jo. It has really given me a huge boost to keep going. Not that I have been tempted to stray yet but I'm actually starting to really believe that I can do this!

I tell myself every day that I WILL do this, I WILL get to my goal weight this time, but it's been so hard to actually believe that after all the years of failure.

But I've been getting a tickly, fluttery feeling of excitement when I think that it really is different this time (I think that feeling is called hope).

And reading all the amazing stories of others who have done so incredibly well, like yourself, is slowly breaking through those images of past failures and making me think that I could, I mean REALLY could, do it too.

I'm so, so grateful I've found this diet and this forum. It means everything to me.

(blubbing now - what a sap!) Happy tears though!

Back