The Incredible Shrinking Woman

I found Sugar free Strepsils last time I was poorly (and the b*****ds even make us pay more for them...).

I can't see anything wrong with any menus I've seen here from you. You mention transit issues... so perhaps they need looking at? (Rhubarb? cold water? if it's been too long, Dulcolax?)... so hang in there and hopefully, like Sharon, you'll have a fabulous loss next week as a result!

(Hope you're not unwell... home made chicken soup?)

Thanks so much Jo.

Right, will look out for sugarfree Strepsils. Thanks for that! And chicken soup sounds lovely - I need some 'comfort' food just like that. Hot and satisfying.

I was going to attempt the four days of PP to get this stall blasted to smithereens, but that isn't going to do much good to get things moving transit wise is it? Otherwise rhubarb would have been the answer.

Dulcolax might be the answer though was hoping to avoid that if at all possible (don't want my bowel to start getting lazy and depending on it!). Aargh!

Feeling much better today, mood wise. Everyone on here is so lovely and encouraging. I am still the same on the scales today but feeling much more confident that things will get moving again soon.

PP again today, which is fine. I quite like PP days as I am essentially lazy and it's easier not to cook veg! <slob>

Busy day today - got to take a loan wheelchair back to the Red Cross for my dad then go shopping for a ball gown (eek).

So best get off here and tidy this house before I go anywhere!

Hi Wheesht,
Hope your weight starts moving downwards soon.
Glad you are feelign better.
PS Your stats to the left and siggie do not say the same weight loss so please could you update as I'm easily confused! :eek: lol

Oh never noticed that!!! Will change the stats now : )

Well I am tres happy now (bi polar?) Went shopping this afternoon for a dress for the ball on Friday. Normally I loathe clothes shopping and end up feeling so miserable because everything looks so awful on me.

But today I went into one shop and half heartedly grabbed a selection of dresses in different sizes as I wasn't sure what size I am now.

The first dress I tried on, which was a 14, fitted like a dream and is absolutely gorgeous!!! Couldn't believe how lovely it looked and how slim I felt! So bought it. And another one for good measure....

Oh and they were both reduced half price in the sale!!!! So, so excited about the ball now. For once I am going to be happy with how I look - that's such a weird feeling.

So it doesn't matter that I haven't lost this week because what I have lost has made an incredible difference already.

Will post a pic of me in it for Lausanne at the weekend as requested. Can't wait for the ball!!

Looking forward to hearing ALL about it... and I'd love to be a fly on the wall (or on your shoulder) when you first Dukan shop in the UK. It'll all be sooooo much easier :D

Very glad to hear it wheesht. Did you measure yourself at the outset? It sounds as if you've been losing inches this week, rather than pounds (apart from the financial sort!!)...

Very glad to hear it wheesht. Did you measure yourself at the outset? It sounds as if you've been losing inches this week, rather than pounds (apart from the financial sort!!)...

Yep, did measure but didn't lose a cm all week. Not sure if I have yet, but I did check my waist yesterday and it was still the same... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have actually lost that pesky pound I put on so back to 10lbs loss! And finally gave in and took some senna (prob not Dukan friendly but I was desperate...) so feeling much better transit wise!

Am back onto PV as the last 3 days I PP'd. So glad to eat veggies again...

Jo, will post my menus for the past 3 days for you to go over with a fine tooth comb :D

Feeling much better today all round. And went to zumba last night and met stmc :D She is lovely and will be rejoining us on Monday!

Why do I keep writing posts then losing them? Gah!

Anyway, good day today all in. Don't feel any lighter though and tape measure is still the same grrr. Anyway, we'll see what the scales have to say tomorrow... wish I could stop weighing every day.

Currently dying my hair for the ball tomorrow - dark brown eek! Hope it doesn't all fall out - not a good look.

I know how you feel wheesht, I weigh myself every day too... but I must say, I'm not as obsessed with my weight as I was when I came off Lipotrim... that was just absurd! Frantically opset about every 100gr I gained so for me, Dukan's much better as I am losing and don't have to worry about food :)
I'm sure your hair will be fine. Don't forget to post a picture after the ball as I'd like to see your outfit. Have fun :D x

I will Mirjam - Lausanne has already demanded a picture :D

Lausanne, my hair is VERY dark as is my scalp - oops! Am off to wash it again with Head and Shoulders in the hope that some of the dye disappears. Is in great condition though - very shiny.

Note to self - dark brown is actually BLACK!

Well, I am going to look a real state at this ball. Am absolutely full of the cold now and have the puffy eyes and red raw nose to prove it. Didn't sleep all night because of being so blocked up and am absolutely shattered. :cry:

Might just stick a bag over my head then everyone can admire my dress without being horrified at my face.

Still 10.12 today, so one pound down in the last 11 days... things really better get moving again soon! PP today but really don't feel like I am in ketosis at all, is weird.

Hoping that I will have a bit more energy by tonight and can dance the night away, and that should burn a pound or two. Stupid cold.

OD on Lemsip today Wheesht, I find it helps.... also, steam to unblock your sinusses. And you can put used teabags on your eyes to reduce puffyness. Too bad we can't have any alcohol otherwise you could have made yourself a hot toddy and go to sleep for a couple of hours.Hope you feel better soon x

Such a shame to be poorly with a ball to attend! (Dying to see a photo too!).

Hope you feel well enough to enjoy the ball :D

I will Mirjam - Lausanne has already demanded a picture :D

Lausanne, my hair is VERY dark as is my scalp - oops! Am off to wash it again with Head and Shoulders in the hope that some of the dye disappears. Is in great condition though - very shiny.

Note to self - dark brown is actually BLACK!

Well, I am going to look a real state at this ball. Am absolutely full of the cold now and have the puffy eyes and red raw nose to prove it. Didn't sleep all night because of being so blocked up and am absolutely shattered.

Stupid cold.

I think it's sometimes the shock of a new colour - you nearly don't recognise yourself. Different brands seem to be a factor too.

I hope that stinky cold is gone for the ball. Typical isn't? Usually if I have an event I can be sure of a big zit popping up on the end of my nose!!:rolleyes:

You make me sound mad bossy!:D But if u don't post a pic I'll come to
Clackmananshire and hunt you down!!:sign0151:

Aaaw thanks everyone. Feel absolutely horrendous today - can't breathe, agony sore throat, lost my voice (kids and dh are delighted!) and sore all over. So going to have Lemsips and steam my poor blocked nose as Mirjam recommended and take to my bed for the rest of the day.
:sigh:

However on the up side, rammed loads of paracetemol down my throat prior to the ball, and had an absolutely FAB time! Danced non stop for 3 hours (I don't need any alcohol to boogie like a loon!). Was fantastic. Stuck to diet coke and ate only chicken legs from the buffet. And have lost a lb this morn!!! :D

And, if anyone is interested.... have added pics onto my profile :) The dress is actually more pink in real life, and as you can see I still have quite a few pounds to lose to do it justice, but I felt very comfortable in it. Put a few pics of me before I started dieting too - was quite shocked at the difference!

LOVE THE DRESS!!!! It's gorgeous and you look so beautiful and pretty in it. Hope you feel better now you've taken the Lemsip but please be careful as there's paracetamol in them as well and we don't want you to end up in hospital cos you've taken too many pills. Get some rest and we'll catch up soon x

You smokin', girl!! Glad I bullied you into posting them :p! The frock is fab, love the detail on the back. You can really see how far you have come in comparison to your earlier pics. Keep shrinking, incredible one!! :)Xx

Back