The Incredible Shrinking Woman

Sorry to hear about your dad wheesht, hope he gets well soon.
:wee: fab news about your size 10! I tried a pair yesterday but am not quite there yet, I'm a size 11 :D Don't know if you know but I'm on Lipotrim for a couple of weeks but should be b ack on Dukan in 2-3 weeks. X

Sorry to hear about your dad wheesht, hope he gets well soon.
:wee: fab news about your size 10! I tried a pair yesterday but am not quite there yet, I'm a size 11 :D Don't know if you know but I'm on Lipotrim for a couple of weeks but should be b ack on Dukan in 2-3 weeks. X

Ooooh Lipotrim - that's extreme! Definitely seems to be working for you though! You will be in those 10s in no time! Why did you decide to switch?

I have done a bit of switching too. Just got really bored with Dukan so switched to Atkins for a bit, which was great as was able to have a lot of things I can't have on Dukan. Then switched to WW for a few weeks for a complete break. Didn't enjoy it tbh and didn't lose anything. Did have quite a few nights out though so was good I maintained.

Enjoying being back on the diet now and will see it through to goal - only 8lbs to go!

So my eldest daughter, who is 18, has just discovered that if she throws herself off walls, she can't fly.

She went out clubbing on Saturday night with a group of friends and by the sounds of things had a few too many. She doesn't drink often and was drinking shots that night - not a good idea.

Anyway, at the end of the night they were waiting for taxis, and she decided to stand on a wall and jump off onto a friend's back. Only she missed the friend and landed head first on the ground. Fortunately there were paramedics passing at the time (they patrol the town looking for silly teenagers who think they can fly) and she was whisked off in an ambulance and spent the night in A&E.

Her head is absolutely fine (super-thick skull obviously...). But she has snapped her collarbone. Literally, snapped in two pieces - I saw the x-ray when I took her to hospital today for the follow up appointment.

It looks awful. The two pieces are overlapping. The doc said they would leave it and see if it would knit over the next two weeks. If it does, she will always have a lump where the top bit of bone is jutting out (ugh). And because the bone will have shortened (due to the overlapping) her shoulders will be different lengths.

She is to return for another x-ray after the two weeks and if the bone has not knitted she will have to have an operation to have pins inserted. He didn't seem very positive that the bone would repair on its own.

She has a sling on and can't use her arm for 6 weeks, which is a bit of a problem since she is a nursery nurse stationed in the 'Baby Room', which involves a lot of carrying.

Am finding it very difficult to be sympathetic... she could have paralysed herself!

I suppose I did daft things at that age. I didn't snap my collarbone in two though...

Second daughter (I have four) who is almost 17 is in a state of panic about what she is going to do at college. She had set her heart on becoming a dance teacher, and has been working towards the auditions for the college course which will start in the summer.

She has suddenly totally changed her mind and now wants to work with animals! So I will have to start finding out about animal care courses instead...

Daughters 3 and 4 are absolutely full of the cold, and I am starting to get it, so can't go visit my mum and dad as can't risk dad catching anything.

And it's totm. And I have eaten about 30 Roses chocolates in one sitting. Waaaaahhhhhh!

And it's freezing, and snowing. And the car has run out of oil and the engine is ticking in a loud, ominous, prior-to-blowing-up way.

Can you tell I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself today? Bah humbug. Back to the diet tomorrow.

OMG Wheesht - what a night you must have had at A&E.

How have things been since? Have you managed to rein in after those Roses?

x

Sorry to hear about your daughter Wheesht, a broken collar bone is terrible as the cannot put it in a cast. Hope she feels better soon. Can understand that you were feeling a bit bleh. Feeling better today though?

I decided to switch as my weight was going up instead of going down. Also part because of my tennis elbow that I haven't been able to go to the gym for over 2 months now and having migraines for 5 weeks doesn't help either... didn't do any exercise as I went straight to bed when finishing work. Wanted to get rid of the weight quickly so decided to go back onto LT for a couple of weeks. Only 8 days to go now though, then Cruise lite for a week or so and then on to conso. x

Back