The Jiggery Pokery Team - Team 2

Morning all!!

I know what your saying sally dating is really hard. Andreas is defo not the type of man to not be with me beacuse of my weight he says i am perfect the way i am (pfft). The fact is i hate myself that i dont want anyone i love so much to see me like this. Stupid i know becuase he loves me loads and always makes me feel so special. Its me who needs to stop being so insecure becuase he loves me no matter what.

Hows all your days going? xxx

Jess hun your doing so well. Keep up that fantastic work and i know you can do it!! Well done not eating the toast. I know what you mean about the shock of sizes. I am a size 26 at the moment and i really want to get into a size 24 asap just to know that i have gone down that 1dress size. I hardly have any clothes that fit me anymore!! I dont want to buy new clothes as i know i will be losing weight and i don want to spend money that i aint got on clothes that hopefully wont be fitting me for very long. I have clothes of all sizes ranging from 18 to 30. Shocking i know lol.

Keep up the good work hun xxx

Morning happy Cambridge Diet followers (haha)

Today i woke up feeling really happy... for some strange reason haha. I have drank my water and been a good girl. Last night i was feeling really really dizzy but it seems to have gone away today so i am back to feeling ontop of the world.

How are you all getting on with the diet? Are you all being good too :D

Have a lovely day xxx

Hello ladies, I'm back and raring to go. Went off on a family ski trip (loads of exercise there) and I think it must have revved up my metabolism. I was back on SS monday and I've not had any probs, seems even like it's a breeze. I gained and immediately lost 6 pounds which is my carbs/water retention weight. I can't wait for the week to be over to see how much 'fat' i've lost. Been reading up on everyone. Keep up the good work, we'll get there. Personally, i'm so sick of this diet, I'm not having any cheating bouts, planned or unplanned until I get to my next goal - under 200 lbs!!

Hiya hun, glad to see you back!!! Ooo i hate skiing lol, i once went to andora and trid to ski there. I did a green slop and side stepped all the way down while 3year old kids where zooming past me haha. I then went to chamonix and went up the mountains etc but didnt ski just watched others ski lol. Where abouts did you go?

Good to see your back on the diet and doing great :) you will be under 200lbs in no time if you carry on sticking to it hehe!!

Lovely your back with us xxxx

Welcome back enlightenme2 and as tasha says weight will come flying off!

Things not going quite to plan on phased return to work and had to work 2 days this week instead of 1. Wont bore you with the details but am going back up to full hours alot quicker than expected but not much I can do about it really never mind!

Have had the TOTM from hell and felt awfully drained and obviously tired andf stressed with going back to work so Im afraid am off wagon again but not bingeing so thats good!

have made a date for Monday to restart as have big family birthday party on Sunday for Nephew and I didnt eat last year at it so will be this year.

I know I keep saying it but I do need to start as Im now getting regular pains in my feet and my legs and ankles keep swelling up and I have been having to lie on my bed with my legs in the air at night to help them and I know its because of my weight its now getting unmanageable. I cant believe I have let it get this far really.

So am off to do the tesco shop now and catch up with a friend later.

Hope you are all okay
xxx

Thanx Tash, thx Jess..well, day 4 back on, not feeling hungry, stepped on the scales (don't really know why, prob just coz they're there)... Lost 10lbs already - so more motivation to get under 200 soon (I'm currently 210 now) by Monday's wi I really like to be at 207. But no pressure, just drinking my water but still staying off exercise til Monday!! can't wait to go up plans, I'm soo sick of this diet!! Don't get me wrong, but porridge, soup, soup and porridge is what I live on when ss'ing, i love that the weightless is quick, but maaan, I need some variety here!!

Hiya hun, glad to see you back!!! Ooo i hate skiing lol, i once went to andora and trid to ski there. I did a green slop and side stepped all the way down while 3year old kids where zooming past me haha. I then went to chamonix and went up the mountains etc but didnt ski just watched others ski lol. Where abouts did you go?
I live in the Nice area, so we go to Isola (1.5 hrs away) Yeah, I kinda like my feet firmly planted on the ground too, but the kids complain, soo as a dedicated mom, I skied, did a little snowboard, but I can't keep up withthem really! My 7 year old is on black slopes all the time, and the 20 mths old is already looking like he's waay ahead of me (they're both naturals)... it is kind of normal as we go all the time (2-3 days at a time).

Hi everyone...

My first day today and feeling OK so far... I imagine my weekend will be full of headaches though :( Oh well... I feel it will be worth it....

Can I join the Jiggery Pokery Team please :D

I'm going to read back a few pages and catch up on all your posts so I can learn a little bit about you all... :)

Hiya tracie course you can join the jiggery pokery hun :)

How are you doing on the CD? Was your first day today right?

I PASSED MY ADI THEORY TEST TODAY!!!!!! woop woop i am so happy i cant stop smiling. I have posted a thread about it in the main room. Talk to you all more tomorrow.

<3 xxxxx

Well done Tasha, I knew you'd do it, sorry I meant to text you back earlier but I couldn't get away from my boss to do it. Whats the next step then?

Welcome Tracee, it's definitely more the merrier on the JP Team! You'll have to excuse me today though, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. I won't go into it on this thread (written about it in my diary) but it's not diet related misery for a change. I'm pretty much in control on that front.

Hope everyone else is doing okay. xx

Hi teamy mates... how is everyone? This has been my 2nd day today... It's tough isn't it? I am sick of all the bloody food programmes on the TV.. I never usually notice, but TV is full of them LOL. Anyway, I have stayed totally 100% for two days and drank 4 pints of water on both days.. today I think I even managed a little bit more.

I have a couple of questions, one that I don't really want to put on the main forum... But has anyone else noticed that their pee (sorry) has white chalky bits in.. I am passing alot of water, but I suppose alots going in hey lol. Also are we allowed any sweeteners in tea/coffee?

So far so good and I am hoping to a few pounds off in my first week. I hope everyone else is feeling positive and having a good weekend.

Surfhunny... I looked at your pictures today.. one word... STUNNING!! You look amazing and have done so well from when you first started losing your weight.

Tasha... Congrats on passing your ADI Theory Test.. I hope you've celebrated :).

Catch up with you all soon.

Take care x x

:thankyou:Aw thank you hun, what a lovely thing to say! I just wish I could shift this stubborn last 1st 9lbs!!! Yes you can have sweeteners in tea and coffee, but it has to be the tablet ones, not the granulated ones for a reason I can't remember lol:confused:. If I have the porridge I put one in the hot water before I mix it up, it makes it taste less salty for some reason.

The white chalky bits are ketone bodies, it means you're in ketosis, yay:D. Some people can see them in their wee (I can) and others can't. But it's nothing to worry about. The fact that you're weeing more is because you're drinking more:7834:.

Today I've tried to keep myself busy to avoid thinking about being single (that's the reason I've been down in the dumps lately - sick of being single again:cry:). I went out shopping with my mum this morning, went to B&Q to price up bathrooms:0bathtime:, and look at garden things. Then went on the hunt for black cut off combats (how hard to find?) I had a gorgeous pair last year from Matalan, but I wore them to death and tore the pocket off. I eventually got some in Tesco bought 2 pairs, 16's for now and 14's for later in the summer.

Then when I got home I mowed the lawn (I hate that job with a passion:mad:). Hopefully tomorrow the weather will be just as nice and I can do the weeding and that'll be the garden sorted.

At least tomorrow I don't have to leave the house so I won't be confronted with happy couples at every turn. :eek:Oh dear I sound so bitter... I don't want to turn into a bitter spinster, but I'm scared that's exactly whats happening:cry:.

Hi all... hope everyone's doing good today. Third day for me and I've found it really good so far. I'm finding the water intake is huge but have managed over 4 pints each day so far.. I'm hoping I can keep this up... It totally "fills" me right up though, I know this is a good thing.. I'm back at work tomorrow having had a couple of weeks off (teacher) so I hope I can keep up the water intake.. leaving my classroom every 20 mins for a pee won't look too good hey :eek:

Good luck for this week ladies and keep glugging on the water :p

Bye for now! x x

Surfhunny... thanks so much for answering all my questions yesterday.. you're brilliant! As for you being on your own and single.. trust me it will not be for long.. you've got your new slinky figure and a guy will come into your world when you least expect it... :) Anyway, look on the bright side, at least you don't have skanky socks to wash lol.

Hey Tracee, you're welcome. I'm a bit of an old hand at CD, so if there's anything you want to know.... True about the socks. Made AP do his own washing lol - maybe thats where it all went wrong?

I'm a bit the same with the water and loo breaks, I work in the operating theatres sometimes and there's just no way I can nip out for a loo break. I've found that if I space the water out and drink it slowly, I don't need to go quite so often.

On days where I know I'm going to be in theatre I drink my first litre before I go to work, then usually need the loo when I get there, and once again before I go into the theatre. I only have 500mls at lunch and go before I go back into theatre, then I have to cram in at least another litre before bed. Usually I have 500mls on way home then it's only a couple of cuppa's worth left. These tend to be the days where I drink the minimum recommended. But after a while your body gets used to the increase in water and you don't need to go as much.

I've had a really productive day today. The weather has been fantastic, so I got up early and went outside. I weeded the flower beds and discovered a primula plant that was never there before. I have no idea how it got there but it's nice. It was pretty back breaking work - I shouldn't let it get that bad really, but I'm not into gardening at all.

I cleaned the house, did 3 loads of washing and sat out in the sun for a couple of hours. Then this weird mist rolled in off the sea and it got too cold so I came in and had a bath to ease my achey back. Now I'm on here debating what to do with my evening.

I feel a bit dizzy and kind of floaty, I'm sure it's just because I'm not used doing all that gardening on very few calories. I've had a shake a bar and my chicken, so just one more shake to have a bit later on, going to make my favourite vanilla mousse. Can't wait.

How's everyone elses weekend been? How did your driving lesson go Tasha?

Hello ladies, well i'm hanging in there. Making 199lbs my focus of the moment. I see some people on this Forum losing "5lbs" a week. That's great but somehow disheartening. I know everyone is different, so maybe i lose slower than others. I CAN be 200% and still only lose 2-3lbs a week - and i'm nowhere NEAR goal! I still have at least 30lbs min to lose, so Surfhunny i understand about being "stuck". I put it down to having gone off plan sooo many Times m'y body hangs on to every pound it can.

Ok rant over!!! So i'm hanging on, and i hope you gals are having a better Time at this than i am, truly!!!!

Enlighten, I think thats exactly whats happening to me!! My body doesn't know whether it's coming or going so it's hanging onto every bit of fat it can. I've read a book recently that has really helped to put how I eat into perspective - How NOt To Get Fat - I forget who it's by lol, a lot of it's bunkum, written by a smug thin guy, but certain things hit home. The bit about yoyo dies and how they affect the metabolism rang real alarm bells. I've decided that it's all or nothing with this diet.

If I stand any chance of losing a decent amount, I need to convince my body that 500 cals is all it's ever going to get, so my metabolism will acclimatise. In order for things to become a habit they need to be done for a certain length of time. Another book said 12 days...???? So I've decided that if I can be very good for 12 days, my body my readjust to CD and start losing big again - I live in hope!!

Everytime I think I have a clear run I get invited to a function, not that I don't want to go - I do, I could just do with a couple of free weeks to myself. I have no idea what to do about this weekend, my friends are going to see a band and then out drinking - I really want to go, but don't want to drink and fall off the wagon. These girls are good friends, but not my best friends, so they don't really accept me not wanting to drink. They'll encourage me and I know I'm too weak to resist, driving isn't an option because I'll never get parked at the venue. I'm sorely tempted not to go, so I can avoid it all. Is that bad? I need a very good excuse. They're really lovely to have invited me and I don't want to appear ungrateful.

Help??

Yes, well, that being said, i'm taking a big leap and doing 810 starting tomorrow. I'm incorporating more exercise in my plan (esp weights and some jogging), so that i dont look like a marshmallow on a stick this summer. I need to firm up drastically! So wish me luck. Surf, you hold the answer to your prob... Dont want to go out drinking aftrmerwards?? Then don't!! It's up to you to make the rules and stick by them. You have a right to do as you wish and be respected even if you are the*bigger* friend ;-). Been there done that hon, I just don't get bullied or feel I don't have a say coz "I'm fat" anymore.

Yeah, I know, I just feel like I need to have an excuse at the ready, rather than just saying I don't want to go. I hate letting people down - mind I doubt they'll be too let down there's 8 of them going. I might just not bother, right now the diet seems more important to me than seeing the band and drinking. Ha ha I don't know who i'm trying to convince here? No I'm not going end of story, I can see the band another time and I can drink anytime.

Ha ha I am so daft. I need to just get on with this instead of making hurdles for myself.

Hi all.. how is everyone? I had my first WI yesterday and I've lost 9lb :D I'm very pleased with that... I've had a really bad week too but managed to stick with it, and I honestly don't know how I did. My hubby was admitted to hospital on Tuesday evening.. well the very early hours of Wednesday morning and it's been hospital visit after visit and stress and total worry, but thankfully he's home now (last night) and I haven't come off diet, which is a miracle..:D

So how is everyone else doing? I haven't seen any posts from Tasha in a while.. is everything OK?

Back