The Jiggery Pokery Team - Team 2

Well done Oisin, at least one of us seems to be on a roll. You're doing amazingly well.

Well the New York / Vegas trip is booked for 23rd Nov, so I've decided I absolutely have to get my butt into gear because I really don't want to be the fat friend on this holiday. The girls are all thin and gorgeous and I love them all to bits but I don't want to have to be constantly thinking about how I look when the photos are taken - they're very snap happy my lot!

So alongside my blog, which is basically just my thoughts and ramblings, I've decided to start a diary on here too, to give myself little progress reports etc. Feel free to have a little read if you're ever at a loose end.

http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/140813-operation-showgirl-fit-vegas.html

Good luck for everyones weigh ins this week. Hope everyone is bobing along nicely. Missing everyone xx

Hi Everyone

Just poppnig in to see how everyone is getting on and to report a 4lb loss this week, thank God - if it had been only 1lb again I think I would have cried.

Hey Surfhunny - I've looked on your diary - it's looking good - your birthday is the week after mine, so I'd be up for some extra birthday buddying weight loss if you want

Stokegal, sounds good to me!! Well done for your loss too, fantastic!!! I've been weighed tonight and I'm stunned, after almost 2 weeks off plan I've only gained 2lbs. I'm counting myself so very very lucky and can't wait for Friday so I can get back on plan and shift the last bit.

Booking that holiday has definitely motivated me to pull my finger out and stop messing around. I've talked to my CDC about my plans and I've even downloaded a weight loss tracker and a workout app for my phone so I can stay motivated all day.

Surfhunny ~ Where did you get the weightloss tracker from hun? x

Surfhunny ~ Where did you get the weightloss tracker from hun? x

I went on itunes and searched for weightloss and it came up with loads of weightloss tracker apps. I'm using the one called Track Your Weight, mind this is probably only really any help if you've got an iphone or ipod touch.

I've also get an excel speadsheet thing that I use, I'll try and attach it to this. Eeek just realised I'm a bit obsessed with trackers lol.

Last edited:
Well hello my lovelys!!!

And how are we all keeping? Sorry i have not been on so much as i have been soooo busy revising for my theory test on the 19th of this month!!

I have lost 7lb the last two weeks. which sounds great but i could have done so much better!! not last week but the week before i went OTT with the chicken salads and had 7 in 6days eeek and they where HUGE salads and i only lost 1lb which i h=was happy with. This last week i really tried hard and lost 6lb which i am over the moon with :) That makes it 33lb loss all together 2st 5lb and i have 3weeks to lose 9lb to hit my target of 3stone before my birthday on the 2nd April hehe!!

Tell me how your all getting on. Did ya miss me :D xxxxx

I was starting to get worried about you Tasha, glad you're okay. Well done for your weight loss, I'm sure you'll get to your 3st target by your birthday. It's 3lbs a week and you've been doing that and more all along! I'm starting back on track tomorrow, I'm going to a christening today and then thats it with the social events. I can relax and stop thinking about how I'm going to cope with them.

Ooo well done hun for knowing you have to start again because many people would have just gave up. Your all doing so well ~claps~

I am off down to liverpool 2morrow for my dads birthday he is 59 and is having a party at his house. All the people who are going i have not met before or are my dads family that i have not seen for years so i am REALLY nervous and worried about it.

I am also meeting my sister for the first time ever which has me panicing. My dad was married before my mother and had two children that his ex wife would not let him see, he seen them a few times when they where growing up but lost contact. Last year in Asda where he lives a woman came up to him and said ''hello dad'' eeek!! Turns out this woman was his daughter and she is going to be at this party tomorrow. Now i normally confort myself with food at stressfull times like this, but i cant, it dont stop me wanting to tho. All i can think about is food food food :( Helpppp!!

~sobs~

Try not to worry too much about it. I know it's a lot to deal with esp when you've already got a lot to deal with, with your theory test etc, but I'm sure you'll cope just fine!! Don't let food thoughts take over, if they start creeping in, push them out and think of something else instead. You can do it!!! xxx

:cry:I'm so fed up I could cry, have had such a crappy day. First I found out my credit card has been used fraudulantly, luckily not much was spent on it and I don't have to pay for it, they're going to investigate.

And then I was on my way out to get Mum's mothers day prezzie and I put the cars back windows down to let some air in, then one wouldn't go back up. I only had the same window fixed last summer for the same problem (£300) so not looking forward to that again. Dad has built me a new window out of persex so it doesn't get wet inside and it's not obvious to passers by. Can't get to the garage til Wed, where he'll have a look and see what needs doing. Then it'll be another trip back there to have it fixed. Grr so inconvenient, I've been off all week pity it couldn't have happened last weekend. Work are total twastards about taking time off for things like this so my poor dad is going to have to take it in on his days off.

Never have I wanted curry and wine as much as I do now! But instead I'll be having choc shake and a litre of water. I feel poo!:cry:

Hey everyone sorry been awol AGAIN!!!! its cos Im not on plan and I cant face anyone - I do lurk though......

Well done for everyone who has been losing whilst Ive been awol and surfhjunny so sorry to hear about your car window and your credit card am glad you dont have to pay what they spent on it! adn VEGAS ! Im so jealous - I went on my honeymoon there in 2001 and it was out of this world! Would love to go back for our 10th anniversary but dont know if we can afford it really.

Tasha good luck with the revising and the test on the 19th. and how did it go with the meeting your sister?

TOTM has been a flippin nightmare this time - Ive been a week late with cravings and fluid retention from hell -

so today is day one (AGAIN!!!) how many times must I have said that now each monday since xmas - (I think every one!) and here I am a stone heavier boo hoo!

But things are getting unmanageable now Ive definitely turned into the pregnant arthritic 80yr old and Im sick of feeling so sick and bloated.

Im still off work at the moment and I think in a way thats not helping the diet as Im having too much time to focus on it and comfort eating but will have to put a stop to it today as I have no clothes that fit me to return to work in EEK and I have no money for new ones

so am going to have to take baby steps and focus on losing a stone in the next 2 weeks which is doable and see how we go from there. I think once i get the first week over and done with I will fly its just those first few days!!!!

I bought a hypno CD a few weeks back and Im going to listen to that to try and keep me on track as it claims to get rid of the all the cravings to eat for emotional reasons and just see food as fuel which is definitley what I need.

Hope everyone is ok and I will be around this week to keep on track!
xxx

Hey Girls

A loss of 4.5lb this week for me..

Sorry cant do personals just now as im off out.. will hopefully be back later xx

Hey Jess glad to see you're back!

I've moved up to 810, and despite previously been an "all or nothing" kinda gal its actually working out quite well. I've taken my own advice and moved up on the theory that I'd rather feel better having stuck to a plan, than not sticking to SS/SS+.

Dont know what the scales are saying mind, but we'll see in a fortnight.

Hang in there Jess!

Just wanted to "bump" the thread up to see how everyone is getting along?

I was doing really well this week until the garage decided to call me and let me know tht my car is going to cost £230 to repair insted of the £40 I expected - I was having my mothers day lunch at the time and had all intention of just eating my chicken and salad but that went out of the window after my phone call and I ate the chips too :mad:

Ah boo, if it's any consolation my car goes in tomorrow to 'assess' how much it's going to cost to fix. That sounds very ominous and last time it cost £300 for the same job - eeek!! I just hope that Renault agree the part is still under warranty and don't charge me full whack!

I'm still having a good week and have been perfectly 100%, but the scales aren't playing fair, I've only lost a couple of lbs. My weigh in is tomorrow, and my CDC's scales are a tiny bit different to mine so I'll have to wait and see. But I was really looking forward to a good loss this week to kick me off. Ah well, maybe next week my body will catch up and I'll have a good loss then.

I'm okay with my motivation, still going strong, and if anyone's read my diary tonight, I managed to resist scones, M&S sarnies and choc muffins today, all I had my water and choc tetra. So I'm proud of that!!

Hello everyone

Sorry to hear your card was stolen sally how horrible is that!! You need a good pat on the back for not turning to food when you found out ~claps~ I hope your car gets fixed soon and it does not cost you to much. Your doing so so well hun <3 xxx

Jess glad to see you back. You can restart as many times as you like hun because your still trying and thats the main thing... you have not just gave up!! Well done for not giving in and i am sure you can do it this time... we can do it together because i am starting AGAIN too <3 xxx

Lexie hun if you feel better doing the higher plan then go for it hun, you will still have good weight losses, let us know how you get on hun <3 xxxx

Stokegal eeek how annoying you have to pay so much out on your car :( I hope everything gets sorted. <3

oisin well done on your loss hun... keep up that fab work :D xxx

Your all doing so well :)

I have not tho :( Ok so my eating started at the weekend as you all know :( and i ate ate ate. Monday was ment to start a fresh it never happened and i ate more, i ate again on tuesday and i ate again today. I have put on 3lb when i had WI tonight, which is not good but i thought it would have been ALOT worse so i can live with that. Back 100% tomorrow tho. So i need all the txts and support i can get tomorrow as i think i am going to find it VERY VERY hard. eeek!! :D xxxxx

Tasha - you should be proud with only gaining 3lb and I bet none of that is "fat" weight just "carb" weight - it's be off next week and then some :)

My car is going in the garage on Friday for the dreaded repair, my local garage said they could do it for a bit cheaper but I don't hold out much hope

Good Luck everyone!!

Hmmph as predicted I only lost 2 lbs this week. I'm hoping it's more really as there's a bit of carb weight I put on after the christening. I'm also due my TOTM and prob retaining water. Plus my CDC said I could actually be drinking too much - can you believe it? Apparently if people are prone to water retention drinking as much as I do can lead to more water retention. Just the excuse I needed to cut back on the water lol, so I've been advised to drink the minimum required for the diet!

Still it's all going in the right direction and I'm back in line with my ticker again and back into the 13s. Hope everyone has had a good day. This is just a short one cos we're having a power cut at the moment and my battery on my phone is about to die if I don't come off the Internet soon!

Hi everyone, hope you've all had a good day!! Well done Tasha for your 100%!! Thats fab. xx

Back