The Jiggery Pokery Team - Team 2

Phew Shanny thats a relief. I'm living off my CD shakes and cottage cheese at the moment, I'm sure I'll get fed up with that soon, but I've stocked up on tuna and have a freezer full of chicken too, all ready and cut up into 120g portions lol.

I'm desperate to lose this last 2st before my Goddaughters Christening in April, I don't want to feel self-conscious on the day. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for letting some of my weight go back on. I put a stone and a half back on quite quickly when my bf and I broke up at the beginning of December. In the end I decided I needed to get a grip and not let him be the reason I got fat again, so I rang my CDC and got right back on it in January.

well done surfhunny i will need to get chicken in tomorrow now.By april you can do that and more hun.You know we will all have weight issues in our lifes
"but recently ive been thinking how important it is to love ourselves"
Tasha you will get there very soon keep at the diet.xx

Well done sally hun you have done so well. I cant wait for the day i can say i have lost 3stone then 4 stone and so on. I put a bra on today that aint fit me in a while lol which i was shocked at. But apart from that i aint really noticed any change yet. Its only been 4 weeks tho and i have so much to lose its gonna be a good few stone before people and myself start to see a change. YOu have done so well Bet your well chuffed. You can do 2stone by April hun no probs <3 xxx

Hi Tasha

Ramble away - I always love hearing other people life stories, you sound like such a nice person and you deserve to me happy.

Now I'm about to do something I have never done before.. give my real name and become un-anonomous (I know I make up words!!)

Well my name is Carla and I'm 25 years old, I live with my Darling Son, Ethan who has just turned 1 and my ever so patient other half, Jon. I work in a call centre managing a team of people and whilst my talents tend to lie in motivating and pushing others - managing own my lazy a$$ is another matter.

My OH is fab and loves me whatever size - all of his ex girlfriends have been a good size 16/18 so when I tell people that I'm doing the diet for me I honestly mean it

I was a big child, puppy fat they use to call it up until I was 11 and then 1 day I just decided not eat, I became dangerously thin then and have always had a bad relationship with food, I remained thin until I became a holiday rep in 2004 - I put on 3 stone in 6 months and went up to 13 stone, a year later I went on the pill and managed to put another 2 and a half stone in 3 months. I remained around 15 1/2 - 16 stone up until I got pregnant in 2008 where I managed to go up to 19 stone (all baby and water) after having Ethan I went to 16 stone 3lb (found my SW book the other day) and steadily put on weight peaking at my start weight of 17 stone 12lbs on the 6th January - I am now 16 stone 2lbs after 5 weeks and my next mini target is to get to 14 stone by the 23rs April (I go on holiday to Egypt then)

Ultimately I would love to say I'm 8 stone something but I don't know if I would look too skinny then so I am taking each day as it comes setting mini targets rather than looking at the bigger picture.

Sorry for the waffle - I feel so naked now - I have NEVER told anyone on the internet my real name before and NEVER told ANYONE (not even the OH) my weight

Carla

Tasha if I can do it anyone can. I failed at every other diet I've tried, CD is the only one I've ever got to target with and I love it. It's such an amazing feeling to know that you can make a massive difference in a short time. I think it's what kept me motivated. I just can't believe I let a stupid boy almost undo it all for me. Still at least we're all tackling it head on and we will all make it I'm positive about that.

And this is probably going to sound really silly, but I'm feeling really positive and excited about what's to come, and I haven't felt like that since I restarted so thanks xxx

Wow well done carla ~claps~ very proud you shared that with us all :D I am around your age i am 23 hehe! OoOo you manage a team i bet that can be hard. What kind of call centre do you work at? You OH seems to be very supportive and i find that it always helps. Andreas is also very supportive :) He also does not know my weight i am way to embarrassed to tell him. Just want him to see me shrinking haha. You seem a really lovely person i am sure everyone on this team is going to get on like a house on fire :D hehe! <3 xxx

Aaaargh, I've just had another bit of motivation thrown at me. I've just been tagged in a photo on Facebook, taken last weekend at my friends birthday. I hate the ones where I'm caught unawares and don't have time to get into my 'hide the fat pose'. It's aweful, but I get it's a true reflection of how I look, so I need to pull my finger out. Ha ha.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now, another long day ahead of me tomorrow. Nighty night teamies xxx

Sally you have done Amazing!! I really cant wait for the day i hit goal... its a long way off tho so little steps. I have a 3stone target by April and i have lost a stone already so only 2stone left to go. I know how you feel Sally i am also feeling REALLY possitive about everything. Thanks everyone <3 xxx

Morning Gang :)

Well drank 500ml of water so far today so i feel like i might get more than 3 Lrs down today which is fab :) I will keep at it hehe!! Walked to work today so i feel fully refreshed and wide awake for the day yay! Feeling really positive about the diet and that i can defo do this and get to gaol :D

How are you all feeling today? Hope your all well and are drinking that water :) xxxx <3

hey hey - shanny has offered me her place on this team cos shes near goal and still a member of different (although quiet!) team!!!
what do we have to do on this team??

xcx

Hiya claire hun :) Welcome <3 xxx We are here for support and encouragement. We also enter into challanges every few weeks to keep us all motivated hun. Glad your with us yay. Shanny please still stay with us even if you dont enter into the challenges we would still love for you to be on our team :) please!! :) xxx

thank youuuu!! i dont wanna muscle in though lol!!
am on day 3 now. unfortunately had quite a slip up :( was at the hospital with my little un and had forgotten my tetra :( ended up having chips and pasta and a bag of crisps. it was total force of habit. but eh i suppose a lesson learnt. i have my zumba class tonight so at least can burn off a load at that and will prob do some wii fit as well.
100% from now on. cant believe i slipped up so early in. did anyone slip at the start??
i got into ketosis pretty quickly so hopefully will again once i get rid of this extra today.
to turn this into a positive i have learnt never to go cd'less to the hospital. hospital days are always hard whatever diet im on though :(

xcx

Afternoon Girls

2ltrs of water a choc tetra & bar consumed so far, been on a high today and im feeling great

Aint it such a good feeling when you start to see the changes in clothes... I'm loving it lol

Hey everyone -

Sorry I joined then went awol. Im having a few internet connection problems, but they should be resolved now!

Its so nice being part of a team - havent ever done that before. Its so nioce to have some background on each other too.

Ive made some friends from the last time I did it but they are mainly over in maintenance now so it would be nice to have some mates that are ssing or ss+ ing.

This is my 3rd time of doing the diet and the next bit is my background (sorry if it goes on forever!)

I am a classic yo-yo dieter and am absolutely fantastic at diets as Im an all or nothing kind of girl, but its the keeping the weight off I cant do hence the yo-yoing. Its the classic of I have been deprived on my diet so need to make up for it now Im off the diet.

So this time it is going to be different!

Ever since I was a young girl I was a little bit overweight. So my childhood was spent doing one diet after another to lose about a stone to get to healthy weight range and then the crunch came at 19 when I was told at 11st 7 I was too fat to start my nurse training and I would only be allowed to start if I was 10st or under. (Healthy Weight range for me is 8.1 to 10.1)

So from the Feb to the September I lost the weight and started my training (and no-one weighed me which really peed me off) and being away from home relished the delights of student life!!!

Over the next 3 years of my training I was on one diet or another and weight was swinging anywhere between 11.7 and 13.7 Once my training ended I was 11.7 and I came home and proceeded to put weight on (AGAIN) and yo-yoed up to 13.6 and then a friend was getting married so dieted again down to 11st.

And as the story goes again after the wedding I put about a stone on and then lost weight for the millennium and managed to get down to 10st 4 which was my lowest in 7 years.

As usual once the occasion was over I put weight on again and went up to about 12.7 and then we set a date for our wedding in 2001 and got down to 11.5

Then I got pregnant with DD (honeymoon baby) and put 5st on as I ate for 22 never mind 2! I lost 3st of that weight and then got pregnant with DS 10months after she was born and was determined I wasn’t going to put as much weight on and was a bit more careful what I ate and only put 4 st on, so was pleased with that!

6wks after he was born I went back to WW and got all the weight off (6st from the day before he was born) My goal had been for his first birthday that I was back at my wedding weight pre-babies and I did it.:family2:

Unfortunately I then had a horrendously stressful year at work and put 3st on and undid all the hard work!:cry::cry:

Then in October 2005 I started LL which changed over to CD in Jan 06. It was the best diet I had ever done and was like an epiphany moment of why was food ruling my life etc etc,:p
but because I didn’t have proper CBT with the LL leader cos she was crap, all my old habits returned once off the diet. I also didn’t do maintenance properly either which didn’t help.

Then in September 06 my Mum offered to pay for a tummy tuck as I couldn’t get it on the NHS in my area as I had put 2st on after finishing the diet. So I had it done in Nov 06 as my tummy was horrendous hanging down and was NEVER going to go back as my muscles needed repairing too.

You would think that would make me keep the weight off but no – probably subconsciously because I hadn’t been at goal when I had the tummy tuck my emotional heating habits returned.

Once back at work I was involved in a major incident and investigation (not about me) and proceeded to put on about 2st as I comfort ate to get through it. Then I spent Sept 07 – 08 doing a course and put on another 1½ st and started a new job, and I had got to my heaviest non-pregnant ever at 15.7

So in Jan 09 I started back at WW and lost half a stone and thought it needs to come off quicker for my holiday in June I need to do CD again. So Feb 5th I started CD and by my holiday I had lost 4st which I was proud of, but annoyed at myself as I took the scenic route by having planned meals off and weekends off. I could never recapture that original enthusiasm and determination like the first time I did it.

The diet took more of a toll on my life the 2nd time, it was affecting my moods beyond belief

Over the next few months I put on about a stone and then something kicked off at home with HB and I proceeded to put on 3st in the last 3 months so here I am back at the beginning again at 15st and needing to lose 5st to get to a healthy weight range.

Im hoping by being in a team we can all support one another and with me being an old hand at it will be able to help point people in the right direction but also you can all give me a kick up the ar*e when I need it.

Look forward to getting to know you all better.

I did start on Monday so my WI day is a mon morning but dont know whether to change it to a weds evening to keep it the same as everyone else.

Im swinging between ss and ss+ days as somtimes I feel like I need chicken to get throught the day and doing ss+ is better than eating somet I shouldnt.

Ive had 2 shakes 1 cup of tea, 500ml water and some chicken and then will have my shake at teatime. AM very naughty am terrible at having water but will try to get some more down me as I know the more you drink the more you shrink!

keep up the good work everyone
xxx

Course we want you in our team claire hun :D hehe you seem lovely. Ok you had a blip but well done for forgetting it and moving on. :) Good luck for today i know you will be fine <3

Jess hun what a time you have had.... i believe that you seem very determained and this time you will get to your goal weigh and KEEP it off. Well done for coming back and giving it another go hun <3 I will chat more about it tonight as i have ten minutes to get to work and i am still in my pj's LOL hehe!! Loving your honesty tho hun thank you so much for sharing that with us... i'll be coming to you for advice when needed hehe <3 xxxx

Hey everyone just to say Im hanging in there but will be back later cos I have to go and take DS for an eye check up.
Hope you all okay
see you all in a bit
xxx

How is everyone today, have just sat down to a pint of sparkling water with orange flavouring and a bar after doing all my housework lol.

Last edited:
Back