The journey continues!

Day 1 - Advantages of losing weight:
  • I will be healthy, or the healthiest that I can be
  • I will set a good example to give my daughter the best chance to be healthy too
  • I will be able to shop for clothes in any shop
  • I will be too small to shop in Evans
  • I will look good and believe that I look good
  • I will have the energy to play in the park
  • I will feel comfortable at the beach and the pool
  • I will not be the fat Mum or the fat friend
  • I will be the best version of me that I can be, and not hide behind anything, particularly my size
  • I will have the energy to go cycling and play badminton and not look like a beetroot
  • I will be able to do the Palace to Palace cycle ride that I've committed too, and finish it
  • I'll be able to stand up straight, tall and proud
  • I will be even happier when I look in the mirror
  • I will not have fat as part of my identity

An excellent list....
I really like the last entry :)
That is exactly how I feel :)

Hi cybill. I LOVE that list!!! Have a good day cybill:)!

Great list - all very positive

xxx

OK, so day 2 in the Beck book, I need to pick a primary diet and a back up diet. Hey, this is an easy day, so my primary diet is Exante! because when I follow it I feel fantastic and have loads of energy, and I love that the weight falls off. My secondary diet is Atkins /low carb.

I've been reading my list again, and hopefully it's starting to go in. It's weird all the sabotaging thoughts I've been having today though, and I did eventually give in this afternoon which is really annoying. I think it's me getting close to another stone boundary again, and I'm nervous about getting into the 14's this time - it feels so much lower than I've ever been before. I had some amazing comments from people at work. One lady I met in the lift who I'd not seen in a few months, sent me this email:
You always look coordinated and colourful but I have to say, you're looking fabulous!

Anyway, drawing a line right now, I am not going to put any more chocolate in my mouth this evening, my little girl will still have some chocolate left tomorrow. And reminding myself of my goals.

Excited for tomorrow, as if the weather's OK, I'm going to do a practice cycle. I'm planning on being able to cycle to work, but I want to try the route out on a day when I don't then have to actually work, so I know that I can do it, and how long it will take me. My inlaws are coming down for the weekend, so they can stay home with hubby & little one, and I'm going for a cycle in the afternoon. I think it should work out about 7.5 miles each way, so by this time tomorrow I should have cycled 15 miles!

I'm determined I'll be able to look even more fabulous if I lose some more of this extra weight!

I've been watching Biggest Loser USA tonight too, and something really struck home that Ashley said. 'I've already lost 120lbs, and I've got 101lbs to go, well I know I can lose 120, so 101 is no problem.' What a great way to look at things.

For me, I've already lost 93.5lb, so 54.5 is a cinch :) It seems so much less than saying well I've lost 93.5 but I'm not sure if I can get to 148lb. OK, 54.5, easy peasy, that's about half what I know I can lose!

Let's do this thing!
Roll on tomorrow, weigh in time, and the start of another great weight loss week!

Yay, I did my cycle ride today, I'm really pleased. I made it the 7.5 miles to work and then cycled back again, and I wasn't too worn out at the end. I'm so pleased, as now feel confident that I can start cycling to work next week, and actually be in a fit state to work when I get there. I took me just under an hour to get there, and a bit longer to get home (more uphill).

I can't believe it's only few months ago that I looked like a beetroot having cycled to the nearby shop and back!

My inlaws came down today, and they have said some really nice things about how well I'm looking, and how impressed they are with what I'm doing. It's definitely been the week for compliments :)

Not sure if I'll get a chance to do the beck book today. Hmmm writing this, I figure they'll understand if I take a few minutes out of being host to do something like that.

Hope everyone else is having a good day :)

OK, today's Beck is an easier one for me (certainly at the moment anyway!) it's the reminder to eat while sitting down. Well I eat my packs sitting down, and when I AAM it's always a meal that I eat sitting down, so on the whole pretty good. However, I guess when I've deviated onto chocolate in the last couple of days, that's been standing up... hmmmm, maybe this is a good one for me actually. To make sure that what I eat I really want to, that I'm going to look at, savour and enjoy what I'm eating - rather than stuffing in something that I know I shouldn't really be eating.

OK. Roll on day 4 tomorrow :)

Oh yes, and my weigh in this morning - 3 pounds down this week. Hurrah!

Great loss hun :)

I keep looking at my beck books!!! I will re start them tomorrow :)

Ps. Galaxy is my faaaaaav. Drool lol x

Thanks Clair :)

Well, day 4 of Beck, and it's about giving myself credit. This is something I find hard to do. I tend to be quite a perfectionist with myself, and set myself high standards and then get cross with myself if I fall short. But have been trying today, I think this will take some work though. So, my credit today.

I give myself credit for cooking tea for everyone and not picking at it, tasting it or serving myself any.
I give myself credit this evening, after the church service there was a buffet and I ate one piece of meat from it and I didn't go anywhere near the cakes, sandwiches or other tasty looking bits & pieces that were there.

I also feel really humbled, my father-in-law today said that he would like to buy me a present as he is really proud of all that I have achieved with my weight loss and getting fit. It's weird, for me as I've not yet got to a big goal I kind of feel like I don't deserve it yet, which is daft. He's clearly on the same page as the Beck book, so I get to choose myself a present. I can't quite decide what though! I'm thinking perhaps a pair of cycling shorts?

I guess I should be giving myself credit for the 93.5lbs that I've lost so far, and recognising that that is a big achievement already.

OK, now to make some 'credit' stickers. I think I'm going to put credit post it notes all over the place, to remind myself to give myself credit for what I have done, and for the times I do resist and stick to my goals.

Woooo Hooooooo.................go Rachel xx You are doing soooooooo amazingly well . Keep strong flower xx

Hmmm, why is it so hard to give ourselves credit. I find it really easy to say to others, and mean it sincerely, that they've done really well when they've lost each bit of weight. Why is it that I don't find it so easy, or even easy at all to be pleased with myself and credit myself for all the effort that I've put in to achieve this. Hmmm, definitely something for me to work on. My husband thinks I've lost the plot as there are now pink post-its all over the place with 'credit' written on them :)

I also feel really humbled, my father-in-law today said that he would like to buy me a present as he is really proud of all that I have achieved with my weight loss and getting fit.

Awwww .. that is sooo lovely.... brought a wee tear to my eye :eek:

Well done on another 3lbs gone Cybil
Marge
:D

Morning cybill and well done on another 3lb down!! Thats great! And how lovely of your father-in law...that would have choked me if mine had said that!! Ive always been the butt of his 'fat' jokes...ha, he will have to find another victim soon.
You will def get your 7 balloon by Easter! Have a good day and keep giving yourself credit...or as LL called them, positive strokes:)

( oh and cycling 15 miles to work and back...you must love your job!!lol...great stuff! )

Your father in law sounds lovely hun, so seriously you do need to give yourself credit, we all think you're inspiring, believe it! :)

Thank you everyone :) Yeah, i'm still really surprised by my father in law, it's not at all the sort of thing he would usually say / do, I'm really touched by it. I think it's also helping it sink in for me that I have achieved a lot already; I'm just determined to get all the way, certainly to overweight, and ideally to a healthy weight - or at least to work out what that actually is for me.

Been out and bought another skirt today from the Asda clearance rail, it's a size 14 and looks great. I'm so pleased :)

Wowee size 14! Jealous lol...

Your doing amazing hun :) well done xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back