The journey continues!

Good luck with your beck day 17....sounds tough!! Putting more on your plate than you actually want then leaving it!! I really struggle with portion control and when to stop so it will be interesting to see how this particular chapter works out for you!!..xx

OK, Beck Day 18 - this one is about changing my definition of full. This one has definitely struck home. She says:
"If you can't easily take a moderate to brisk walk after a meal, it means you've eaten too much and you might have an unrealistic definition of fullness."
Hmmm, I would describe full as fuller than that, so yes, I think I probably do have an unrealistic definition of fullness. Again, this is a harder one to practice while in ketosis, so I will put on my list of things to do when I go back towards regular eating, but definitely food for thought for me.

I will give myself credit again today, as I've been 100% TS today, and feel really proud of myself. One of the days recently in Beck it said something about doing really distracting things, rather than just TV or reading, to take your mind away from food. I've been doing a lot more sewing, which I find really engrossing, and it's definitely helping me not even think about food. I think it's probably the same reason why I find work days easier, as I've got so much going on, that extra food doesn't particularly cross my radar.
I do think changing how I think about hunger and 'full' will help when I go back to food.

Oh yes, I did my measurements again:

• Thigh - Start 28", Now 23"
  • Hips - Start 52", Now 43"
  • Waist - Start 50", Now 38"
  • Under Bust - Start 46", Now 36"
  • Upper Arm - Start 16", Now 13"
According to wikipedia sizing, that means
My hips are now size 16
My waist is now size 20
My bust is now size 12

No wonder I have no idea which clothes size I am!
I think losing weight of my waist would be nice next! It's weird how it seems to drop from one area at a time. I'd also quite like to lose some more from across my back / shoulders. Now, I'm getting picky!

Well done indeed Rachel- loving the sizing relations too- how odd are they?? You look fab honey and are no way a size 20!!!! They would fall right off you xx

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done missy...who'd have thought your 7 stone balloon and your century within 2 days...absolutley fan-bloomin-tastic. So proud of you xxx

Congratulations! Well done! :D xx

I'm so pleased, and really hopeful I might meet my original goal of overweight by 9th May! That was the random date I plucked out of the air when I first started this in October. (Admittedly then I thought I was an inch taller than I am, so I've already got to the 'lbs' target I set). I'm on top of the world at the moment, and can't quite believe I'm almost 'overweight'! I've not been overweight, or indeed this weight since I was 13, so it's a huge milestone for me. So many people all my life have told me things like 'you're big boned', 'you're broad', 'you'll always be big'. For the first time I'm really believing that actually those things are not true for me, I think actually my frame probably isn't that broad at all, for example my watch strap only has one hole tighter that it can go, and the shoes I was wearing yesterday are on their tightest buckle setting (admittedly they were wide fit), so maybe I'll actually be able to fit into normal fit shoes when I've finished this!

When I read back my diary from a couple of months ago, I'd got in such a state about what I'd look like, and if I could even get this far. I'm so pleased that I have. I was already reasonably confident, but I can feel that my confidence is increasing - I feel able to wear a wider variety of styles of clothes, and I'm starting to enjoy wearing a little more make up too. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm really glad I'm following this journey, and I'm liking the person I am more and more, and I'm loving that :D

How fab, you have done sooooo good.

I love the way that you talk abou the things that I worry about but don't verablise (is that a word lol) too.

x

Thats great news Cybill and fantastic that you are so positive...you really are an inspiration!!!..xxx

Beck day 19, Stop Fooling yourself. This is a good one for me, it's about the excuses / reason / nonsense I tell myself to justify eating something that is not on my plan.

The reasons I tend to use to validate myself / justify eating something that I didn't intend to are:
'I'll just eat this one piece, just this once'
'It won't matter'
'I don't want to disappoint someone if I don't eat it'
'I'm celebrating'
'I really want it'
'I'm upset and I just don't care'
'I'm craving it and I'll probably just eat it eventually'
'It's not fair, everyone else can eat it...'

It's funny today sitting down trying to do this Beck day. Having achieved 2 major goals /hurdles for me in just a couple of days I'm feeling so strong and positive at the moment. When I read this list back to myself (these were mostly taken straight from Beck), I can see how daft it is for me to use these as reasons to fall off this wagon. However, I know on a less good day, I can make any of those reasons seem appealing enough to persuade myself to put chocolate in my mouth.

I'm sure following this Beck plan is making a difference to me, as I've not felt so positive about how I'm doing / what I'm eating, and determination to see this through since the end of January when I first came off Exante 'just for a celebration'

The response card in the book today is one that I'm going to write out and use for myself - it's about stopping fooling myself, and that it is not ok to eat unplanned food.

Today has been another good TS day :) I hope tomorrow will be too - a bit more of a test, I'm meeting up with friends and family, with food galore. I will take my bar and lots of water and I'm sure I can be strong again :) Here's to tomorrow, and the rest of this journey to shed this weight.

Just read your diary Rach it's fab, so positive :) you have done so amazingly well :) and so close to all those other goals :)
I just wanted to say really really well done
Definitely going to keep tracks on you from now on ;)
Good luck tomorrow not that it sounds like you'll need it ;)

Wow - how fantastic for you to have hit such great milestones - really really pleased for you hunny!!!!! You are truely an inspiration - keep it up chick!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's great there's so many diaries on here, but I can never find mine! (Think I'll have to work out how to put a link in my signature so I can find it!)

I'm pleased with myself today, been out for the day and stuck to my packs and water, added in a slice of cheese and a peperami, so I guess it became a WS day. (Hmmm, not what I wrote down on my plan for today - I do think tiredness is definitely one of my triggers for when I start to slip - little one was awake a lot again last night... I hope these teeth turn up soon)

Beck day 20 - 'Get Back on Track' - what I love about the Beck book is there is so much sensible advice, and today loads of it resonates with the advice I've seen on here so many times. - Drawing a line after a wobble, giving yourself credit for not completely blowing it by stopping at some point. And particularly about not writing yourself off as a failure for having a slip.

Reading today's Beck I can see that some of this I've already started to learn. When I was doing LL a few years ago, towards the end, if I ate something off plan, I would then continue to eat for the rest of that day / week (and over indulge). Now I'm at a point where on the whole, yes, I still have wobbles, but I'm not letting them become an excuse to go crazy. I'm finding it means I feel a lot less out of control around food at the moment, as I don't feel like having a little of something inevitably means that I have to eat everything in sight. (Now, I know that this is new for me, and that this time next week I may be back here saying that the entire biscuit packet just called to me!) But it does feel like the advice we give each other about drawing a line, not calling it cheating /failure, having the opportunity on here to acknowledge where we wobble is really making such a difference to me in the way I'm thinking and the way I'm eating.

I was in the Coop earlier, and wandered down the chocolate aisle... stopped myself from being tempted, but decided to look for a magazine instead. I spotted Psychologies this month, and it has an 18 page special on 'Make peace with food'. So I've bought it to take away with me when we go to Center Parcs this weekend. I plan to use it as a minimins substitute for 3 days, and hope that it helps to keep me on track while I'm away from you and all the great distractions, advice etc on here which helps to keep me away from food!

Back