The journey continues!

Woohoo, I resisted again this afternoon - no chocolate, grapes or cherries passed my lips. Hurrah :)

You are doing soooo amazingly well Rachel :D
Could you bottle this "No choice" stuff for me please, to keep me away from the olives ? :(:eek:

Lots of credit for resisting all them thing Hun :)

Saw this in the book shop tonight and was chuckling to myself thinking about you!! Not that you need ideas how to use post it notes ;) xx

Hahaaaa, thanks Clair :)
I should take a picture of some of my post-its, you'll realise I really do have a lot! But they seem to be working :)
Particularly the 'Don't eat me' post it that is attached to the cheese in the fridge :)

Hahaaaa, thanks Clair :)
I should take a picture of some of my post-its, you'll realise I really do have a lot! But they seem to be working :)
Particularly the 'Don't eat me' post it that is attached to the cheese in the fridge :)

Haha I read this and then decided it is exactly what I need, so my cheese now has a fetching pink heart post it note saying "NO!" on it. That's gonna surprise the husband when he gets in! Must remember to take it off on Sunday when the in laws come however, else they will think I am mad!

I have just added "post it" notes to my shopping list :p

Seems like you have started a post it trend now Cybill!! haha..xx

Hahahaaa, my colleagues will laugh so much if they read this... I'm a bit renowned for post-it notes at work too! I think they're a fabulous invention :)

41452-albums3179-picture18612.jpg

This is a ball that I made from 270 origami'ed post-it notes :)

You must have far too much time on your hands hunni!!..xxx lol!

Day 33 Beck, this one is about solving problems. This one is a good day, but I think it's stuff I've learned quite a lot over the last few years. I used to put it off stuff quite a lot, and feel overwhelmed by things. Now I tend to take a much more pro-active, positive approach and tackle things one at a time, and keep moving towards whatever my goal is :)

Like this 45 mile cycle ride! Some days I still feel a bit overwhelmed at the thought of it, but I keep reminding myself, at Christmas I could barely cycle up the road, and now I can easily do 15 miles. I've still got 4 months to go before I have to get to 45, so it should be doable. I've just got to keep sticking with it! Tomorrow I'm going to go and get some new tyres, which is exciting, and hopefully will be better suited to road cycling :) Woohoo, I think I might actually be starting to get fit!!!

Well, 1lb lost this week. I was hoping for more, but I think TOTM isn't helping. I'm hoping for a really good loss next week, as I've been pretty good this week, and have avoided all calls of chocolate!

Anyway, time to go out and get some tyres for my bike :)

It's all going in the right direction :) well done xx

Well done Rachel :D

A wee question, if you wouldn't mind answering :eek:
I have just looked at what your goal weight is, and I wondered, with you and I being the same height, why you picked that number for your goal ?
:)

Well done on your loss Rachel- you are doing so well. Hope you enjoy your new tyres! xx

Well done Rachel :D

A wee question, if you wouldn't mind answering :eek:
I have just looked at what your goal weight is, and I wondered, with you and I being the same height, why you picked that number for your goal ?
:)

That's OK :)
I was originally going to pick 12 stone, to just sneak into the healthy weight category. And then I thought about it, and decided I wanted to get a little way into healthy, so that as I refeed, adjust to food again, I've got a little bit of a buffer within which I can fluctuate. The actual number I've gone for is 11stone 3, and that's because my highest ever weight was 22stone 6, and this will be half that weight. I think I just want to get to and stay in the healthy category (although I've no idea whether that will suit me yet, having never been there). I guess I like the thought of being able to say 'I'm half the person I used to be'! Daft really, but hopefully it will help keep me motivated through this bit now where I'm starting to look less fat and it would be easy to give in and say I've come far enough!

I guess where I'm at now, is that I look thin for a fat person, but still look like a fat person... I'd like to get to the point where 'fat' just doesn't come into it.

Such determination and what a lovely goal to reach Rachel. Looking at your pics I would never put the 'f' word into any description anyway. Goes to show it's all about how we feel in our skin and what will make us happy- be that inside a clothes label, on the scales, BMI or how much room there is when sitting in an armed chair! xxx

cybill said:
thanks ladyg :) You're right, so much of this is about how we feel in our heads! I think I'm slowly changing that, but I think that seems harder than changing the weight :)

You seem to be doing so well though Rachel in your house made of post-its :) my oh threw out my post-it with the cheese wrapper grr have to rewrite it :(

Well done on the 1lb loss chick. Every little bit counts and as long as its off and not on then its a bonus!!

Keep up the good work..xxx

Indeed, and it's TOTM too, so hopefully next week will be a good loss. And as you say, at least it's all heading in the right direction! I can't believe that the next stone boundary I cross will take me into the 13's... it doesn't quite seem real :)

Day 35 Beck - Weigh in tomorrow... (well, OK, for me it was yesterday!)
It's reminded though about mapping weight loss on a graph, so I thought I'd put my data into a graph :)

41452-albums2875-picture18638.jpg

And also checked to see how my measurements have changed since I started this.
41452-albums2875-picture18637.jpg

It's weird how different things change at different rates. I've now lost 13" from my waist, yet only 9 from my hips. Oh well, will be interesting to see how it all ends up once I've actually lost all the weight and reached goal!

Stayed on plan again today, and just drinking my fourth litre of water :) These post-it notes are definitely helping. There's now one on the box with my daughter's biscuits / treats in; there's one on the cupboard next to the sofa where I sit; there's one on the wall opposite where I sit at the table; there are several stuck around my computer monitor / desk at home... all the places I tend to be when I start to get tempted / or my mind starts wandering to food. Now they just make me chuckle, and definitely serve as a distraction from actually eating!

Back