The journey continues!

Wow Cybil! Your tracker is amazing! :eek: You should be so proud of your achievements so far! You'll be at your goal weight before you know it! :)

Lol not you as well Rachel I think we have all synced up on minis :)
Well done again on the losses they are amazing :)

Hahahaha, virtual syncing! Must be a new phenomenon... hopefully we'll all get brilliant losses next week! Hmmm, I need to lose 9lbs to hit my May goal.... :s don't think that's going to happen... ah well, realistically hoping to at least see 4lbs show on the scales next week.
For me I need to lose:
  • 1lb - to weigh less than my husband :D:D:D (he lost a couple of pounds recently... hoping he doesn't lose any more as I want to be less than him for the first time ever!
  • 3lbs - to get out of the '200lbs' category
So I'm hoping to hit both these mini goals this week :D

Loving the graphs Rachel- what great motivational tool. Did you do those on excel? I must do some myself as it's lovely to see them like that. Well done and you'll be weighing less than your hubbie by the end of the week- no doubts! xx

cybill said:
Hahahaha, virtual syncing! Must be a new phenomenon... hopefully we'll all get brilliant losses next week! Hmmm, I need to lose 9lbs to hit my May goal.... :s don't think that's going to happen... ah well, realistically hoping to at least see 4lbs show on the scales next week.
For me I need to lose:

[*]1lb - to weigh less than my husband :D:D:D (he lost a couple of pounds recently... hoping he doesn't lose any more as I want to be less than him for the first time ever!
[*]3lbs - to get out of the '200lbs' category
So I'm hoping to hit both these mini goals this week :D

Yes that's a good way to look at it ;)
Mine is loosing weight too even though he doesn't need to! Git! Think it is him being supportive and eating less junk :)

Just had a wee catch up of your diary! I love the goal weight you've picked, just think you'll be half the person you used to be but with double the strength and determination! Well done xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow your doing so well. I think you said something about being thin for a 'fat' person but still not 'thin'. This has lit a lightbulb in my head. I was 11st 4 last week/week before which is lighter than I've been since high school. I felt thin, looked good IMHO. However I've stuffed my face, feel fatter than ever & demotivated. I need to realise I can get to goal, look good & feel the best I ever have. Thank you for making me realise that there is a thin confident woman trying to get out xo

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

My pleasure H, I think it's hard for all of us working out that we can be different to the person that's looked back at us from the mirror for so many years... together, with all the fantastic support & encouragement on here, we can achieve these goals!

Loving the graphs Rachel- what great motivational tool. Did you do those on excel? I must do some myself as it's lovely to see them like that. Well done and you'll be weighing less than your hubbie by the end of the week- no doubts! xx

Yes, I use Excel. In the early days I logged my weight every day, but now I just log it weekly (unless I'm getting close to a goal, and then I log midweek sometimes too).

Thanks for the tip Rachel- you inspired me to do one. Nowhere near as impressive as yours but thanks so much for the tip honey pie xx

Wow, Beck day 36... can't believe I'm on to the last week!

This is a really appropriate one for me, titled 'Believe it'.

Hmm, the story it tells is of someone who didn't really believe they could, or had lost the weight. This is the bit I struggle most with, when I look down, I still see a fat person, part of me still imagines that whey I go back to food, it will all just magically reappear. When I look at clothes that actually fit, I still think they will be too small... this believing I've actually come this far, and can not only lose all the weight I want to, but actually keep it off I'm finding hard to really hold on to / believe / accept. I guess I've had 23 years of seeing / believing / accepting that I'm a fat person, and I need to really work on this day's tasks and getting it to sink in.

OK, so this is what I need to get into my head.

BELIEVE IT!
I AM LOSING WEIGHT, BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO AND I WORK HARD AT IT. I NOW KNOW:
  • I need to plan what I'm going to eat
  • I need to be aware of what I am actually eating, by sitting down, putting it on a plate and eating it slowly
  • I am in control of what goes in my mouth and can make choices (e.g. 'NO CHOICE', One low carb meal out, 'oh well')
  • I can become aware of the emotions that I am feeling and deal with them in constructive ways that don't involve food
  • I can motivate myself to lose weight and be healthy (look at my daughter, read my goals, give myself credit every day)
  • I can exercise, I won't 'break', and cycling to work is a good thing and doesn't take all day!
  • I can be honest and stay honest (by logging on to minimins, by talking to my husband, by acknowledging that my weight gain, and staying high weight was not all medical... the chocolate and flapjack played a significant part too)
  • I have been able to easily fool myself into wonky thinking about food, but now know about some of these thinking errors and am able to spot them more quickly.
  • It is OK to think about food, but that doesn't mean I actually have to eat the food I think of.
  • My needs are important, and that my choices about what I want to eat mean it is OK to say 'no' to something that someone else has cooked / made / given to me to eat.
Wow, today was a good Beck day for me.

There's a really good quote in the book

'Once I believe that I've lost weight due to my own efforts, dieting will be easier'

This is so important for me to really register. Yes, the Exante diet does make it easier to lose weight, but it is my effort, willpower, determination and enthusiasm that has got me through the first 32 weeks of this diet, and that will see me through the next 14 weeks or so.

Wow... hadn't really thought of it like that, I could actually get to the end of this phase of the journey in 14 weeks... I really am doing this, I am going to be a healthy weight, and really liberate the person that I am.

Oh yes, and to top it all off, persuaded my hubby to get on the scales tonight, and I now weigh less than him for the first time ever, hurrah :D

bodyfatb.jpg

Earlier today, when I weighed myself, my body fat percentage now showed at 37%. I've just found the body fat percentage chart, and that means I am a couple of points into the overweight chunk :) It's so amazing seeing these numbers going down... I will believe it, I will!

Beck day 37 - wow, this Beck book covers so much stuff. Today is about reducing stress. The stuff it covers today is really good. Fortunately, it's things that I've worked through - albeit with the help of a counsellor a few years ago... I'd let stress build up over a long time and was off work with anxiety, and really had to work through a lot of things about how I looked at myself, other people and the world. It really has made a difference. This morning I was feeling quite stressed about a few things at work, and also about the selection stuff I've got coming up. A few years ago I think I would have buried myself under the duvet (as I also have a lousy cold). Today I made the decision to take things one at a time, and ignore the things that were out of my control. It turned into a really productive day at work; and also 100% TS so far too :)

So excited, slipped under 200lbs today.... really feels like I'm entering the home straight! Just over 2stone left to go to reach a healthy weight :D:D:D

Thanks Starlight

I think because I'm tall I've been able to disguise my weight, so people have never realised how much weight I had to lose. It is nice starting to fit into more regular sized clothes :D

You are a great great inspiration to us all. Congratulations on your 200lb loss that is an amazing amount of weight you have lost. Your nearly there so we'll all be spurring you on to get to your target xxxxxxxxxxx :D

I'm on such a high today, I'm so pleased to really be making progess and reaching milestones along the way; and for an extra boost I've already had some lovely comments from people at work. I'm wearing a size 16 jacket and trousers to work today, that someone has given me, and they fit :D:D:D

Back