The journey continues!

I still don't really know what size I'll be when I get to my goal weight, but I'm guessing perhaps I'll be a 12!!!

I was 11st - 11st7lbs when I was 18/19. I was a size 12-14 :).

You are a very patient woman Rachel. :)
I am not sure I could have persisted with all the problems you have had with your tyres !! :D

Thanks Marge :) As we're the same height, that sounds like a reasonable size that I'll probably be at the end too. It feels exciting to be getting so much closer to goal.

I'm wearing a size 18 skirt today - I didn't think and just put stuff in my rucksack to get changed into after I cycled (and hurrah, the new tyres seem to have worked - although proof will be when I go downstairs at the end of the day, if the tyres are still inflated!)
Anyway put my skirt on this morning after a shower at work and realised that it falls straight down. Managed to hold on to it until I got to my desk and found a safety pin - decided it's a good problem to have :D

cybill said:
Thanks Marge :) As we're the same height, that sounds like a reasonable size that I'll probably be at the end too. It feels exciting to be getting so much closer to goal.

I'm wearing a size 18 skirt today - I didn't think and just put stuff in my rucksack to get changed into after I cycled (and hurrah, the new tyres seem to have worked - although proof will be when I go downstairs at the end of the day, if the tyres are still inflated!)
Anyway put my skirt on this morning after a shower at work and realised that it falls straight down. Managed to hold on to it until I got to my desk and found a safety pin - decided it's a good problem to have :D

Lol hope that safety pin is of sturdy construction, have images of you flashing your pants to you coworkers :D

oh Rachel, I am so pleased for you hun. It's all coming together for you ... and you even have your tyres sorted! LoL

How fab to get a 10 week exercise prescription - good chance to see if the gym's for you :)

Onwards and downwards, you inspirational lady

x

Thanks missbiker, I was so lucky the nurse thought of it, it's brilliant. I figure I'll make the most of it over the summer and then decide if I want to continue with it. I really enjoyed the body balance class tonight, and it's really good timing as they start a new routine on Monday, so I'm booked into that class too, to learn it - then they follow that same routine for 12 weeks.

I talked to the teacher tonight and she's suggested their body pump class would be a good one for me to try too, as that's building up the strength. All good fun :) I've got my assessment with the gym guy next week too!

Glad you managed to keep your skirt up:D!

The 10 week gym trial sounds perfect, we are just about to join again as I get a discount as I work for NHS. I do love the classes, Body Pump is great, though expect to be really sore after the first time:). My favourite is Body Combat, gets rid of all that pent up aggression:eek:.

Oh and glad your tyres held out too, you are a patient lady.

I'm off to Body Balance again tonight, I'm really enjoying this getting fitter lark.

I think its addictive :), and there are far worse things to be addicted to ;).

I wonder if the gym referral thing is nation wide ? Are there any prerequisites ?
:)

notsoskinnymarge said:
I think its addictive :), and there are far worse things to be addicted to ;).

I wonder if the gym referral thing is nation wide ? Are there any prerequisites ?
:)

I got a gym federal from my docs, we won't mention that I've only been twice;) I get sessions for half price but my nearest gym only does spin bike classes and there's no way I'm doing that.
I'm defo gonna start the gym after my holiday :D xx

I got a gym federal from my docs, we won't mention that I've only been twice;) I get sessions for half price but my nearest gym only does spin bike classes and there's no way I'm doing that.
I'm defo gonna start the gym after my holiday :D xx

Thanks Clair... I might need to look into that. Although I dont really want to pay anymore dosh, as I already pay just over £300 a year for curves :eek:

Body balance think one of the gyms in town does that I've heard of it..is it good? Yep totally agree the whole fitness thing is exciting I love it too.. It's amazing i never thought I would enjoy it but infect I think I'm addicted lol..

Have a good day lovely x

Fab news about the skirt incident (glad you found a safety pin tho!) and boooo to your tyres! they certainly are going to be on the naughty step with Clair's scales!

Hmmmm, bit of a derail yesterday. Got freaked out when the scales said 13:7, I don't ever remember being less than this weight, so it must have been before I was 12. Anyway, ate stupid stuff yesterday and now trying to get back on track today. I thought I'd worked through all this stuff, but I guess it's each new milestone I hit. It's been a good week, but a few times I've caught sight of myself in a shop window or mirror, and I almost don't recognise myself - I think finally I'm starting to realise that I'm not big any more; I really have got down to a normal kind of weight & size. I'm trying hard to resist all the sabotaging thoughts. I even went out at work in the week and bought myself some new leggings. Found some bright pink cropped leggins in Peacocks, and they fit me in a size 12! (Ok, I'll only be wearing them for doing the shred at home, but still, a bit of a boost).

I think I'm in a bit of a muddle at the moment - torn between - 'yes, I'm finally starting to realise my goals and actually be a normal kind of size' and 'argggg, not sure my head knows how to do this, quick eat some chocolate'
Hmmmm, the 'I will be healthy' is going to win again today. Going to take my daughter swimming this morning, which is free with my gym card, hurrah :) and I actually fit a size 14 swimming costume!!!

I do the same Rachel... hence why Ive been yoyoing between the same 10 lbs for 6 months now... the lowest I got to was 11 and a half stone... it all went wrong at that point and I've spent months and months losing and gaining the same pounds... when really I know I wont be happy until Im in the healthy weight bracket!

Ive got my head back in the game and Im really going for this again now, dont give up, keep going, you have done amazingly well! Your so close to goal!

Hmmmm, bit of a derail yesterday. Got freaked out when the scales said 13:7, I don't ever remember being less than this weight, so it must have been before I was 12. Anyway, ate stupid stuff yesterday and now trying to get back on track today. I thought I'd worked through all this stuff, but I guess it's each new milestone I hit. It's been a good week, but a few times I've caught sight of myself in a shop window or mirror, and I almost don't recognise myself - I think finally I'm starting to realise that I'm not big any more; I really have got down to a normal kind of weight & size. I'm trying hard to resist all the sabotaging thoughts. I even went out at work in the week and bought myself some new leggings. Found some bright pink cropped leggins in Peacocks, and they fit me in a size 12! (Ok, I'll only be wearing them for doing the shred at home, but still, a bit of a boost).

I think I'm in a bit of a muddle at the moment - torn between - 'yes, I'm finally starting to realise my goals and actually be a normal kind of size' and 'argggg, not sure my head knows how to do this, quick eat some chocolate'
Hmmmm, the 'I will be healthy' is going to win again today. Going to take my daughter swimming this morning, which is free with my gym card, hurrah :) and I actually fit a size 14 swimming costume!!!

Its the fear of the unknown isn't it ?
If you were younger than 12 at 13st7lbs, you have no concept how that weight feels as an adult.
I guess when we get to whatever weight, it all hits us differently.
I remember being 13st 7lbs as an adult...I think I was about 22-24 ish. But I was on an upward slope, so didn't feel good about it :(.
I know getting to the same weight on this journey, I will be extatic !!

Some times you have to experience the bad, to know how good, the good feels :)

Oh, and you already know how chocolate tastes eh ?
So why bother ?
Step into the unknow Rachel, and love the feeling of 13st7lbs and below ....
Even I remember, chocolate, never ever tasted that good ;)

Oh, and you already know how chocolate tastes eh ?
So why bother ?
Step into the unknow Rachel, and love the feeling of 13st7lbs and below ....
Even I remember, chocolate, never ever tasted that good ;)

Thank you Marge, you're right, chocolate doesn't taste anywhere near as good as it feels to be achieving these goals. I've spent the rest of the afternoon in the garden - finally finished making a cover for the pond to make it safer for our daughter, and loads of pruning & sorting out - it's back to the whole cathartic side of this diet! It also kept me away from the fridge and the corner shop!

I also had my hair cut & coloured this afternoon - the same colour and cut as normal, but it started me thinking. I know, when I reach goal and start refeeding, that I'll get a lot of new hairgrowth, so I'm wondering about going for a different cut at the same time, perhaps back to a layered bob or something, to hide the fluffy hair a bit more. I'm thinking, if I stick to plan then I should hit healthy by the end of August, so that could be a good time for a bit of a makeover, update the haircut etc. Also, it's my Mum's wedding at the start of September, so I want to look my best for that too.

Thanks for your message Marge, it is funny the things we tell ourselves, and the wobbles - I think you're right, for me it's definitely fear of the unknown; but I think I'm starting to realise I'm actually starting to discover a decent figure underneath all those excess pounds! I am enjoying doing the gym and exercising again, I even noticed when I flex my arms, you can see muscles now!!!! There's definitely a whole new me emerging this year, it's rather exciting :D:D And I need to just keep conquering that fear, and not use it as an excuse to hide again.

Right, onwards we go.

Here here :D.
Onwards and downwards indeedy :D

Back