The journey continues!

Hi Rachel :wavey:

Good to see you back :) I'm delighted to hear you are back int he groove and LOVE your goal of 11st 11lbs by 11/11/11 :clap:

Centre Parcs sounds like fun, and I'm glad you enjoed it. Have you got your new pencil case and notebook for school?? ;)

Cathy
x

Last edited:
Thanks Cathy :)
I nearly went to buy a new notebook; but then remembered I had a nice one in the cupboard that I've not used. I'm so excited to be getting started, although it does feel a bit strange, and I think it will take a bit of getting used to studying again. I've even got my first assignment to do - but I've got a few weeks to do it in, which is good. I'm really looking forward to next week, which is the first residential, when I'll get to meet the other students too. (Although I will need to decide if I'm staying on the diet during the weekend.)
How are you?

Day 2 back on track again this week, and I'm really looking forward to my cycle ride on Sunday! I'm slightly nervous about it, but also really excited to think that I will achieve this goal :)

Also, seeking advice - I've put this on the main forum too. When I'm doing this 45 mile sponsored cycle ride on Sunday, for the Princes Trust, from Buckingham Palace to Windsor Castle. In my training over the summer I've been doing working solution (or just plain off track!) However, I'm back on TS this week, and wondering what I should do to help me get through the cycle ride. I'm thinking of taking some peperamis with my in my bag, to help my energy on the way. My colleagues are all taking energy drinks, 'gel shots', chocolate etc. I'm not sure it's going to help me to start adding sugar into the mix, but wondering what you think would be the best things to keep me going (preferably light, easy to eat!)

(And if you're feeling generous, click here to sponsor me, in aid of the Princes Trust)

Thanks in advance for any tips / suggestions!

I've not had a chance to check the main forum today, so I dont know if this has been answered or not yet.....

I have been looking into this myself...
And it appears the best thing to eat BEFORE exercise is carbs, as it gives you energy
DURING exercise you should keep hydrated by drinking water or your choice of drink.
AFTER exercise you should eat protein,as it helps repair muscles.

Saying all that, you are going to be exercising for a fair old while...
So you will need to eat something DURING....

Could you have a proper breakfast of cereal or better yet, porridge ?

Take bananas with you ?

I cant find the link that I found the other day, which did explain things really well :eek:
Basically, carbs such as cereal/porridge is slow release to give you energy... I think that should be eater 1-2 hours before the workout.
Fruit can be eaten 15 mins before a workout, so that will help you whilst you are on your bike ride.

I think I am waffling now..(very tired :eek:) but I hope thats been of some help...

That's really helpful, thank you Marge :) I just want to be sure I make it to the end and don't totally crash half way there!

I'm happy with the scales this morning, back at 13:9; so 26lbs to go on my next goal :)

Time to finish sorting out my bike. I've just put on new toe clips, and about to pump up the tyres and put on a new handlebar mirror. I'm really excited about tomorrow, but still a little nervous. By this time tomorrow I should be just about finished! :D:D:D

Hi honey bunch. So proud of you for all your achievements. I just asked my hubbie what his thoughts are on the food and exercise as he is a big fitness buff, reads all the mags and books etc. He recommends carbs for at leat 5 days before to give you the energy to get through it. Only his advice and I clearly wouldn't have a clue. He sure wouldn't recommend doing it whilst TS or WS. Not sure if that helps?? xx

Thanks ladyg, that resonates with some other stuff I've been reading too. I've left it a bit late, so can't do 5 days, but can at least add in some more this afternoon / evening, and tomorrow morning. I think I will continue with peperami / cheese round the route tomorrow, but perhaps with some added fruit to increase the carbs a bit.

Show's how little I am with things at the mo babe- completely went over my head that it was tomorrow!! Sorry! How about some pasta or rice tonight then in prep. If fruit will take you out of K then why not have some decent carbs to help fuel your energy??

Good luck for tomorrow Hun, can't wait to hear all about it :D xxx

Good luck x

cybill said:
I completed it, fuelled by peperami and babybel, and lots of water. I managed to complete it in 5 hours. I'm so proud of my achievement :)

Wow well done Rachel your amazing :D
Bet your a wee bit saddle sore after that ;) lol xx

Fab :D
Well done Rachel :D

I'm still really proud of my achievement at the weekend :) I think I'm going to make a photo frame up wiht my picture, my race number, the route and my medal :)

However, I'm still really tired from it - and as ever, when I get too tired, I've given into chocolate :( This afternoon, having already eaten chocolate, I may as well bite the bullet and make my daughter's birthday cake (another tempting moment of tasting the mixture!)

Cake's now in the oven, and I'm back on the water and trying to get back on plan for the rest of the day. I'm hoping it's just that I'm tired and TOTM is due (a little late, but I'm really glad it didn't turn up for hte cycle ride!)

Time to get these last two stone off!

Back