The journey continues!

Aye....
It does feel good when you find a way that works with your head :)

Hi Rachel, how are you doing? Did you manage to steer clear of the demon chocolate over Easter?

Must admit it's been my downfall this time around, never been a choc person so I don't know what happened there lol.

Hi Rachel I'm back again it's been a while but I've decided to come back and try working solutions Ive started today and am really excited about getting this weight off. How have you been getting on? Are you still having a low carb meal?

Hello :)
I've still been really tempted (and given in lots to chocolate). I ended up having a kind of reverse Lent towards the end, and gave myself the goal that after Easter I'd get back on track. I'm now doing Working Solution (one week into it) and feeling good. I'm disappointed in myself in how much weight I've put on... but heigh ho, I did rather indulge in the chocolate in the lead up to Easter!

I think I'm finding that as I'm closer to my original goal, it's harder to stay focused, and easy to feel, oh well, that's kind of good enough, I'm feeling OK about stuff, I'll just have this one.... (two, three... etc things) and then derailing entirely.

Anyway, it does feel good to be focusing on it again, and good to be back here :)

Hi Hun I know what you mean bout nearly at your goal that's wht happened to me. I'm on day 4 of working solutions it's hard but need to lose the weight. Glad your back.

Hey rach fab to see u Hun how are you? It's good to have u back and well done for getting straight back on :) x

Thank you ladies :)
Another day, and so far so good, I've had 2 packs so far, and a little bit of cheese. I'm about to have some ham and my third pack. (And try and get stuck into my next essay.)

I think one of my triggers has been when I'm tired and trying to study, so I've bought some chewing gum now too, so hopefully I can enjoy that instead if it gets too much!

Hope you're all having a good day,

Rachel x

Hi welcome back :) studying/sitting at the computer is always a temptation to nibble absentmindedly. I have been chewing Extra gum throughout and is doesn't affect my keto or make me hungrier lol
Good luck Rachel you will get to goal xx

How's it going, hope all is well with you? How far away from the 9 balloon are you?
My restart on 1st May is going better than any of my last ones lol. I have got this far without cheating so I can't wait for WI tomorrow.

Nice work Ali :)
I'm still wobbling (I've got to get back to my 6 (soon), 7 & 8 balloons first... but I will get there. I think it's been adapting to my new lifestyle, with a lot of study in the evenings and I've been nibbling. I've just recently worked out the chewing gum strategy, and it's helping; I've just got to resist walking to the fridge or the cupboard where my daughter's nibbly things are!

You're doing really well Ali, it's really inspiring :)

Nice work Ali :)
I'm still wobbling (I've got to get back to my 6 (soon), 7 & 8 balloons first... but I will get there. I think it's been adapting to my new lifestyle, with a lot of study in the evenings and I've been nibbling. I've just recently worked out the chewing gum strategy, and it's helping; I've just got to resist walking to the fridge or the cupboard where my daughter's nibbly things are!

You're doing really well Ali, it's really inspiring :)

Thank you Rachel, you will get there just your new lifestyle needs a bit of getting used to and chewing gum is much easier than cleaning your teeth every few hours lol.
Put a child lock on the fridge, by the time you have fiddled with it the urge to open it has gone, or should have anyway :)

Have a great day xx

Hello, found your diary through Exante's success stories. I tried Exante and lost weight with it but it's VERY retrictive so am going down the Atkins route this time round. I need to lose a lot of weight and just want to start feeling better about myself again and be able to go into a shop and pick stuff off the racks knowing it'll fit. God help me!

A

You still out there Rachel???? Give us an update to let us know how you are getting on. Sending big love your way xxx

thanks ladyg :)
I've just been away for the weekend to Center Parcs, which was great fun with friends.... but I jumped straight off the wagon... yet again!

Now in that cycle back home today, feeling cross with myself, and trying to work out what I can do / stick to / live with regarding food / diet.

I feel like I've got a little bit stuck in a starve / binge cycle, and I know it's not doing me any good at the moment. Just having a shake again this morning and trying to get my essay finished - I know I'll feel better once that's done. Later today planning on doing some offline journalling and trying to process this food stuff in my head and find a way forward. I really don't want to put on any more weight, and I do want to lose what I've put back on!

I feel a bit like I'm writing the same thing here every few weeks... there has to be a way to live / eat / be healthy / not put on lots of weight ... I think though, I also need to accept that actually food is likely to always be an issue for me, I don't think there's a magic answer, and I need to be a bit realistic / honest with myself about that... looking back I have always had times where I have binged on sugary / sweet / biscuity foods, so I need to find strategies and ways of thinking that help me to resist that first temptation... as it's much easier to not start eating that first biscuit than to stop eating after that first biscuit.

Anyway, all good fun.... and now I need to go and finish this essay!

Ah Hun have you tried slimming world extra easy I would definately recommend it as i was losing weight until I had loads of guests then wanted a quicker option but looking at ppl losing 3lbs to 4ls a week it's not much different and you can eat lol.im seriously considering going back. I hop you fin something that suits you, and just remember never give up we have to keep trying otherwise we will be the losers. Take care

Wow, today I found out that I'm one of the four finalists from Exante's 28 day challenge. I'm really chuffed, having just got back into it the last month.

I'm feeling really positive about finding a way forward to be healthy. I know that I've wobbled a lot in the past, and I'm now seeing someone (for spiritual direction / counselling), and trying to find a way to let go of some of my issues / relationship with food. In so many ways I think I've used food to punish myself for so long, and want to find a way to work with food normally. (I am feeling that this may sound a bit strange, picking Exante, but I'm slowly losing the craving for sugar that I'd become a bit obsessive with over the last year or so!).

Anyway, glad to be back, and looking forward to journeying with you guys on the next steps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rachel. .. good you see back again :)
How have you been ?

Back