The journey has begun!!

kayjay

Well i had my first strawberry shake this am - very pleasantly surprised. So happy about starting the plan. Went to bed last night with a headache and unfortunately woke up with one, but hey ho, glugging the water (already managed 2 pints and a black tea). Does anyone know if its better to have decaff tea/coffee or does it not matter?

Anyways, got loads planned today to make myself busy - thanks to everyone who has offered their support to me over the last few days!! You've all been brill!! :p

xxx

I hope all goes well for Kayjay, I would of thought decaff would be better for you if your are going to drink tea/coffee. Good luck x x

Good Luck,I am on Day 3 on my restart and its getting easier by the day

Hi ya KayJay,

Welcome to CD. With the right frame of mind, this is probably the easiest diet in the world. The shakes (standard ones for me) taste quite indulgent which is a bonus. I think you might have picked up already that the first few days to a week can be the hardest. But forewarned is forearmed. Keep at the water and you should soon get over the first few days.

Tea and coffee can be regular or decaf. The preference is yours. If you drink regular tea/coffee, the CD SS programme book recommends that you drink no more or less than you usually would if you were not on the diet. Something to do with withdrawal headaches and edginess. I think if you take regular and wanted to drink more tea/coffee than usual, then the additional cups could be decaf.

Keep us posted on your progress.

hey kayjay,

well done on getting started. I got my stuff to day also got some bars which i didnt think we were allowed till 2weeks..i forgot to ask though :confused:

best of luck

:cool:

Hi Kayjay, hope today has gone well for you, congratulations on deciding to do CD - it really is fantastic. Once you're past the first few days it will become a habit and before you know it you'll be at goal. Let us know how you get on x

Corinne x

Good luck with your first couple of days!It's the hardest,but well worth it when you see the lbs falling off.
I stuck with regular coffee at the start,as the book said to drink what you normally have,but now in my fourth week I can't believe how little coffee and diet coke(ZERO)I drink! I can go all day and suddenly realise I've had no coffee all day.My friends say I'm looking really well and I'm sure its the caffine,but I wouldn't try and cut down for the first week

Good luck KayJay, this is where the joy of watching yourself shrink really gets started!! I stuck to the same amount of caffeine but don't really have that much anyway. Now if anyone has gone any tips of the scary amount of ciggies I smoke that would be helpful!!!

Gxx

Thanks guys!

Not sure if i should feel as ok as i do but other than feeling a little more tired than usual (i'm ALWAYS tired!!) and a little light headed, i've had a really good day! Have managed to drink 7 pints of water and made MANY trips to the loo!! Glad i've started on a weekend as i don't have to worry about work on Day 1 and 2. Feeling a little nervous on how i'm gonna feel tomorrow - dreading work on Monday. Anyhoo, probably worrying over nothing! I know its gonna be hard but i just keep reminding myself why i'm doing this!

On a slightly different note, my CDC said that you can have sugar free gum. I have Wrigleys extra - is this ok in the first two weeks? Is there a time limit to how long you should chew it - i've read somewhere you shouldn't have it for longer than 2 mins????

Thanks to you all for being so supportive!! :D

Kj xxxx

mine said today that we are allowed sugarfree gum (it says on front of pack) and in the book it says chew for no longer than 2/3 mins as it will start to make you hungry!;)

Thanks guys!

Not sure if i should feel as ok as i do but other than feeling a little more tired than usual (i'm ALWAYS tired!!) and a little light headed, i've had a really good day! Have managed to drink 7 pints of water and made MANY trips to the loo!! Glad i've started on a weekend as i don't have to worry about work on Day 1 and 2. Feeling a little nervous on how i'm gonna feel tomorrow - dreading work on Monday. Anyhoo, probably worrying over nothing! I know its gonna be hard but i just keep reminding myself why i'm doing this!

On a slightly different note, my CDC said that you can have sugar free gum. I have Wrigleys extra - is this ok in the first two weeks? Is there a time limit to how long you should chew it - i've read somewhere you shouldn't have it for longer than 2 mins????

Thanks to you all for being so supportive!! :D

Kj xxxx

Hiya - well done on getting thru your first day !!! chewing gum can make some people hungry (release of saliva etc)....try to keep it to a minimum.....

hopefully you'll feel fine tommorow - we're all different...keep drinkin loadsof water and you'll be fine !!

and

don't forget to keep us posted in your progress !!

love

Debz xx

Back