The journey to becoming more "me"

Simbelmyner

Hello everyone,

I finally did it!
I took the first steps to becoming more comfortable in my own body!

After moving away from my mum's house(I love her but her diet is unhealthy) I lost weight by having a healthier lifestyle. Now, after living on my own for the last 3-4 years, I'm slowly getting bigger again. Although I try to be the best I can be, I live very unregularly, am usually on the go(and therefore have on-the-go meals) and sit behind the drawingdesk all day...

I notice that I'm starting to hide from people(even my boyfriend) and am feeling uncomfortable in my own skin.

After seeing my best friend and housemate succesfully going through the Cambridge 500 program, I decided I would like to give it a try as well. After reading some of the diaries on this forum I thought it might be helpful to keep one myself too.

Yesterday I had my first appointment with my coach. She is wonderful! Such a happy and supportive spirit! I was very nervous before going in(I hate to ask for help) but was very relieved when at one point during our intake I noticed myself being all relaxed and laughing about her jokes and stories.

So, yesterday, after having the intake and taking the products home.. I started right away.

I had the butterscotch shake for lunch. Didn't like it too much. I thought it had a strange sweet taste and a horrible after taste.
After the shake I still felt feeling hungry but I didn't give in. I distracted myself until "dinner". Around seven I had my second shake: toffee-walnut. I liked that one far better! Still not really enjoyable but definately doable! After the second shake the hunger was getting less. I did feel a little cold and weak and decided to go to bed early. I ended up watching a few more episodes of Lost.. ;)

Today when I woke up(I slept in), I wasn't feeling hungry at all! Around noon I decided it probably would be better for me to start.. eating? anyway to keep the metabolism going and not to screw up any rythms. I had a cappuccino shake. I was looking forward to this but didn't like it at all! I took little sips and they made me feel sick and nauseous. I did finish it anyway. Later today around 3 I had the strawberry shake. It was less sweet then I expected, a bit tasteless even. Nevertheless it would be on rank 2 if I had to make a top 4 so far.. ;)

I notice that I'm not really hungry but very light in the head. When I stand up too fast(or run the stairs) I feel a headache and/or dizzy. I'm taking it slow today but at the same time that bores me. I notice that in these moments of boredom I miss food the most. Also I'm having these weird cravings for food such as potatoes/fries with mayo or salty chips. A natural reaction of the body to the many water and low carb intake..? Who knows.
I'm staying strong! :bighug:

Last edited:
Whoaaa! As I walked to the hallway to get my cold water from the fridge, I smelled that one of my neighbors is backing bacon pancakes.. Smells so delicious!
I'm currently trying the mango(the shake that I've been most curious to) and it's quite tasty! Fresh and fruity! Mango mango mango!

Last edited:
After drinking a lot of water today my headache/feeling dizzy feelings finally vanished. It's also the first time today since I'm actually starting to feel a little hungry. Bedtime soon!

Today I told my three best friends from school and my mum about this diet. They were all quite surprised(I'm usually not telling much about feelings, especially those concerning my appearance or weight) but very supportive! :)

Wonder how tomorrow will be and how my other classmates will react tomorrow, when I'll pull out my magic powders and shaker..

This morning I woke up a few times before the alarm rang. It was different then other mornings. I felt quite awake and energized(could be coincidence, an effect of the diet or just that I haven't been doing much yesterday because of the headaches). I didn't feel hungry nor very thirsty. I did drink some water and about fiveteen minutes later I was starting to feel hungry for breakfast.

I just tried the banana shake mixed with ice cold water which was quite nice! I keep thinking the shakes have a strange aftertaste though.

I'm a little worried how I will take the shakes during schooltimes since I've learnt that they really taste a lot better when you prepare them with really cold water. At school I can only get tapwater(which isn't that cold) or should go and buy a bottle of water from the fridge every day.. Need to find a way how to bring cold water and how to keep it cold in our warm academy.. Anyone any ideas?
I think tonight I'll freeze a bottle of water and take it with me frozen tomorrow and let it melt until lunchtime... Hmm, experimenting is on!

hi there im starting to day well visiting the consultant and tomorrow it begins in earnest.

keep strong it ll be worth it i ve pretty much got the same as you to lose

on the water front could you freeze the water in water bottles and it ll defrosts as the morning goes on should have cool water by lunch, that or store in a flask with a some ice cubes
just caught the end of your thread and thats what your about to do

good luck
jx.

Good luck! As soon as you pass the first week it gets easy stay strong especially on day 4/5 they were the worst for me! You could maybe try the tetras I think they are lovely if you can keep them cool in the fridge! Some shakes do taste quite chemically sadly but stick with it! The aftertaste could be from ketosis. You need to separate the mental hunger from real hunger, that's the hardest part especially eating from boredom or depression it really makes you realize how much you tie food to emotions. The frozen bottle of water is a good idea :) xx

Thanks to both of you!

Skydragon, good luck tomorrow! How was your meeting with your coach?
Strenghten yourself by knowing that you want or you need to do this! You are in control! :)

Thanks Daniellea, I'll keep that in mind! Tomorrow and the day after I will be facing my 4th and 5th day so I'll push through.
Can I ask you what you mean with tetras? Is that the premade shakes? (sorry, I'm new and do all the products in Dutch haha.)
Yes, the mental hunger has crossed earlier today. Maybe I'll get one of those Cambridge bouillon powders.. To kill the 4-o-clock craving. Is anyone experienced with this bouillon? Is it any good? :)

Today was my first day at the academy(I'm an illustration student) whilst being on the diet. I was a little nervous how this would be.
I was a little nervous for the reactions of my classmates for me living on astronauts food for the upcoming time and how I would deal with feeling hungry without the shakes around. And there was of course lunchtime with my classmates..

I noticed that when I was driving my bike to school this morning it was a little harder then usual. It felt heavier, I was tired faster and even sweaty when I reached school. When I came in my three best friends from class bombed me with questions. They were openminded, curious and supportive. I'm very grateful for that! :)

During lunch I had the forest of the fruits shake. Not bad! I seem to like the fruitshakes best.
After having the shake it wasn't that hard to spend time with my classmates while they were eating their breads and cookies.. Yay, let's hope it stays that way!

Around 4 'o clock I started to get hungry. I wasn't sure if it was hunger, habit, craving or boredom and I didn't gave in.
Around 5-6 I did start having serious hunger and was happy to reach home around 6. I made the chocolate-mint shake with ice cold water. It was nice to have a shake with a more "present" flavor and a bit of thick structure. The flavor itself was a little weird but not too bad. Nice to have something that is more refreshing.
It's now been an hour since dinnershake and I am still a little hungry. I noticed that the mint strips help a little by fooling your brain from feeling hungry.

So yeh. Day three, completed! :character00116:

Yeah it's the ready made shakes I've only had strawberry (lots about here love the choc one)just handy if you're working or out for a day! Not tried the cambridge bullion wish I'd got some before CDC left for her Holliday seriously want me some savory(can't stand the soups).. Toying with the idea of an oxo cube but not sure if we are allowed on plan :/

13.3 start weight 11.2 right now and going down!

And good job on day 3! :D you can have the bars on week 3 only 1 a day but the lemon yoghurt bars are the highlight of my day lol have you used some crushed ice in the mango shake? Makes it nice and thick like a smoothie x

Ahh too bad! So when is your coach coming back from holidays? Hope it's soon so you can get some savory stuff as well! I've heard that the oriental chili soup is quite good! I'm looking forward to try that next time I visit my coach(in a week)..

Thanks! :D
I have tried the mango yesterday and really liked it! Unfortunately I don't have a blender yet, but since I am planning to get one for a long time now.. It might be a good thing to invest into. Not sure if I can afford it this month.. Will find out in a week when salary comes in and all monthly costs are paid for.. ;) Also really curious what the cappuccino shake will taste like once being blended with ice.. I didn't like it with tapwater but my coach said it's much better when being mixed in a blender with ice cubes...

I'm very curious for the bars! Unfortunately they don't have the lemonbar in the Netherlands :(
I can get the peanut crunch and cranberry crunch. Both sound interesting! Have you tried any of these?
Can't wait to have something to chew on.. ;)

From 13.3 to 11.2 is really good! Keep it up! :)

Ahh too bad! So when is your coach coming back from holidays? Hope it's soon so you can get some savory stuff as well! I've heard that the oriental chili soup is quite good! I'm looking forward to try that next time I visit my coach(in a week)..

Thanks! :D
I have tried the mango yesterday and really liked it! Unfortunately I don't have a blender yet, but since I am planning to get one for a long time now.. It might be a good thing to invest into. Not sure if I can afford it this month.. Will find out in a week when salary comes in and all monthly costs are paid for.. ;) Also really curious what the cappuccino shake will taste like once being blended with ice.. I didn't like it with tapwater but my coach said it's much better when being mixed in a blender with ice cubes...

I'm very curious for the bars! Unfortunately they don't have the lemonbar in the Netherlands :(
I can get the peanut crunch and cranberry crunch. Both sound interesting! Have you tried any of these?
Can't wait to have something to chew on.. ;)

From 13.3 to 11.2 is really good! Keep it up! :)

2weeks until she is back sadly( my mother had some lighter life bullion so had some of that it really hit the spot!). :( I've not had any of the chili soup the vegetable really put me off trying any others! I didn't like the cappuccino personally but maybe try with the ice :) Shame about the lemon bar :( . its bizarre to chew again after a few weeks of not I've had both, the peanut one was nice but I did struggle to eat it in one go my poor jaw hurt lol. Cranberry was ok I found them bitter though! Lots like the malt toffee bars they also do chocolate orange and chocolate mint.

I've heard some horrible stories about the tomato and vegetable soup, but the oriental soup should be really nice! Maybe also a nice variation from all the sweet stuff?

Haha, I can totally imagine it's weird to chew after a few weeks! :p
Ugh, two weeks is long! Stay strong :)

Off to bed! Still feeling good!
Tomorrow morning meet up with a good friend before academy!

Does any of you know if milk will interfere with ketose?
I would love to have a coffee with a bit of milk(and when possible a tiny bit of honey/sugar) sometimes.. Any experiences?

Good night! See you tomorrow! :nightf:

You can have skimmed milk on ss+ and I think tablet sweeteners are possibly allowed check with CDC just to be sure. if you really need a milky coffee maybe a do a ss+ day. I'm not 100% sure I'm positive somebody else is though around here :)

Okay thanks :) I think I'll play safe then and stay 100%.

Can someone quickly explain to me what is ss or ss+?
If I understood it right, ss is sole source? Doing the program 100%?
So what is ss+ ?

Ugh. I really cannot get used to that cappuccino shake..
Will get some cookie-spices later today to mix up with the vanilla shake.. Let's see what that does.. :)

Hmmm. The vanilla shake mixed with a pinch of biscuit(speculaas) spice is very nice! :)
This might be nice to fluff up the strawberry too..

How did today go? Well I hope! I haven't tried spices in any but vanilla shake let me know how it turns out :D

13.3 start weight 11.2 right now and going inwards and onwards! x

Awake again seriously!

13.3 start weight 11.2 right now and going inwards and onwards! x

Back