The Journey To The New Me

Rendaridra

Had my fourth weigh in today and I haven't lost a pound...How is it possible to exist on 450 calories and oodles of water and not lose weight? I have done exactly as I should have, not cheated at all and yet I have lost nothing.....so depressed.

Don't get despondent.... I've had exactly the same problem and it will come good. So far I've even put on twice and I've only been on exante 15 days (can you tell I'm counting :)) All I can say is, think about your options. What is your alternative plan? My options were ~ a) do this and wait for the weight to come off b) do some other form of calorie restriction and look forward to months of dieting c) go back to eating what you were and accept being fat. I chose a). If you think about it and decide a) too just stick with it and it will happen. It can't not on 450 calories a day. Drink lots of water, distract yourself and you will lose weight. Good luck x

I had a stay the same in week 8 & gained inches. Week 11 I lost 8.5lbs. Stick with it, it'll go just in its own annoying time!

As Annie says, this isn't a straightline process.

You've lost a stone half in less than a month - so your body is taking a pause and catching up with itself.

Your liver and kidneys have been working really hard. Always look at your losses on a rolling 4 week period - as some weeks are high and others are lower.

So shake yourself and hold your head high. Celebrate your great start by having another 100% day.

Btw, have you measured yourself? Some people get inch losses when scales don't move, as muscles weigh more than fat.

To believe and stick with it. It will come.

Last edited:
That must be awful :(
Each week i always get so worried that i won't lose anything or that i'll put something on, so i can imagine how you must feel, especially after you've given it 100% all week. Looking at your previous 3 week losses though they're really good, so maybe your body is just catching up on the weight loss already! x x

Thank you for your replies. I have come to the conclusion that perhaps it is my body catching up after losing so much so quickly. I have no intention of stopping this diet because it is the only option I have. I not going to get depressed over it any more but continue as i have been and look forward to losses in the future.

Great decision, Rendaridra. Good luck and have fun shedding.

I take it all back...this week I lost 9lb so I guess it just was my body adjusting.:)

Rendarida,

So good to hear that. There's an Alizonner saying - believe and achieve. Us vlcd-ers must believe the programme will work and saty on track. Our bodies release weight at different rates and sometimes more and sometimes less.

So have a good weekend, and good luck for the next bit.

Ali

Last edited:
VLCD do funny things to our bodies. They absolutely work in the longer term, but sometimes can make you step back and wonder what is going on. I am doing a shake only diet, and did Atkins before that. I am loosing weight quickly (different metabolisms) but you can bet, I will stop loosing a lot and go to a pound or two a week, and you will fly past me. I think it's all about perseverance and patience. Chin up sweety, you'll do it.

Thanks for your replies. It is heartening to know that there is so much support here. Maybe it will take me longer because i have thyroid issues due to the medication I am on, but i am taking something to correct that. I just don't know, but what I do know is that nothing is going to derail me from this because I have to do it.

Ho hum only 1 lb loss this week :( it is my totm so perhaps that is it. I just wonder why it is so hard to lose 3 lb week like I did before when I am on a vlcd? sighs

Probably. Also if you lost 9lbs last week that's still a huge amount! The average is a stone a month but some people are more & some less. Stick with it.

Your doing so well - look at your total weightloss so far - it's absolutely brilliant! Please don't be disheartened, your doing so well!

Rendarida, Re ndarida, Rendarida,

Get a grip! Remember - go on a rolling 4 week average. Weeks can be high or low. You have shed 2 stone 2 lbs in 6 weeks. That's an average of 5lbs a week every week. AWESOME!

Be kind to your body and let it loose at the speed it wants too - sometimes fast, sometimes slow catching up with itself. Just keep on your programme 100% and you'll continue shedding - within 5 months you'll almost certainly be at goal. I am about the same weight - though I am an inch shorter. Have you been 10 stone before? And how long in your adult years have you sustained 10 stone if you were there?

The Alizonne GP gave me a higher target - as I had been c12stone at University and then put on weight most years so I have a higher target - still just in the overweight category, as she advised that was more sustainable for me. I can review at goal if I wish. I think my face would be gaunt if I went further. I do want to be size 10-12 - so we shall see. I'm currently caught between size 18 (baggy skinny jeans) and size 16 - when the looser styled boot cuts are still too tight.

Keep going Rendarida - you are rocking this aqnd just experinecing what most people do in a vlcd - higher and lower losses.

Thanks for your reply..yes I know I am doing well I just have these moments of self doubt. As regards to my weight...I chose that because it is within my healthy BMI range. I have never been slim for any length of time during my childhood or adulthood. I have always been thin then fat, thin then fat.Only this time I am fatter than i have ever been after a series of tragedies have overtaken me. However, this time I mean to keep it off because I shan't make the same mistakes I made before, I have too much at stake for it not to succeed this time. A doctor once said my weight should be 11 stone but I don't know. The last time I got down low. I got down to 8 stone and ended up being really ill through it, that was back in my early 20s...since then it's been up and down my weight with never a happy medium.This time, however will be different because I know what mistakes i've made in the past and how I am changing my life so i do not make them again. And of course you are right...this week i will probably have lost a lot of weight and last week turned out to be my TOTM.

Targets weights are an interesting thing - the GP at the Alizonne Clinic told me that my goal should be one which gives a BMI of 37 - based on my history etc. Getting there and maintaining it will be healthy for me even if it's not under 35!

Good luck with your weigh in.

All is Well I lost -8 this week. I'll stop complaining now lol.

That's great - and funny! Sometimes we go slow and sometimes fast and sometimes just shed a bit at a time. Well done for hanging in there!

Ali

Another 3 pounds this week. I take it all back :)

Back