The last time I ever join a slimming club .....

Monday and I'm feeling lousy

Had a very busy weekend and will work out syns as I go

Menu Saturday - orange

Breakfast - weetabix (hexb), milk (hexa), banana

Lunch - chicken mullerlight, apple, pear

Snacks - options (2), hifi bar (6), skinny cappuccino (3), sugar (2)

Dinner - chinese takeaway - rice (9.5), chicken , crispy beef - I'll work out syns and update later

Syns for the day -

Menu Sunday - red

Lunch - mullerlight, satsuma

Snacks - options (2) 3 mini babybel light (hexa)

Dinner - chicken, roasted veg, wedges (hexb), gravy (3), mint jelly (2)

Syns for the day - 7

Menu today - green

Lunch - sw quiche, mullerlight

Snacks - apples, plums, satsuma, pear, peppermint tea, options x2 (4), hifi bar (6),

Dinner - pasta, chicken (hexb)

Syns for the day - 10

Last edited:
Back on track Tuesday.

Had a bit of a mare the last few weeks, kept to plan, with a few flexible days and have been ok. Yesterday was meant to be my back to writing down in the same place 100% however I had a migraine from hell and spent the afternoon in a darkened room! Feeling much better now and I will go back and fill in the blanks on my sw food diary - just because I want to. (I have post it notes everywhere! oh and evernote is a godsend).

Menu today - red

Lunch - sw quiche, mullerlight

Snacks - apples, plums, satsuma, pear, peppermint tea, options (2), hifi bar (6)

Dinner -

Syns for the day - 8

Another Thursday

lost another 2lbs last night - would love more but my body seems happy to part with 2lbs a week.

Not sure what to have for dinner today yet;

Menu today - red

Lunch - jkt potato (hexb), vlf cottage cheese, mullerlight

Snacks - apples, plums, satsuma, pear, peppermint tea, options (2), hifi bar (6)

Dinner -

Syns for the day - 8

Tuesday

Mixing up the days a bit more - green again today. I haven't been writing down here as much but have been having 10 - 12 syns a day.

Menu today - green

Lunch - jkt potato (hexb), vlf cottage cheese, diet irish yoghurt

Snacks - apples, satsuma, pear, options (2), hifi bar (6), alpen (3)

Dinner - pork (hexb), potatoes, veg

Syns for the day - 11

Tuesday

Mixing up the days a bit more - orange today. I haven't been writing down here as much but have been having 10 - 12 syns a day. I'm finding I need comfort food when it's cold so more green / orange days. I also made conscious decision not to buy mini babybels which I had been eating as a snack most days when I'm cooking evening meal - and here's the thing - I haven't missed them.

Menu today - orange

Lunch - jkt potato (hexb), vlf cottage cheese, diet irish yoghurt

Snacks - apples, satsuma, 2 pea
rs, options (2)

Dinner - gammon, roast veg (sweet potatoes, carrots, turnip, sprouts, leeks, mushrooms), egg

Syns for the day - 2

After Christmas Wednesday

Been on plan basically but have been a bit flexible over the last few days. wi tonight - we'll see!

Menu today - Red

Lunch - jkt potato (hexb), vlf cottage cheese, activia yoghurt

Snacks - apples, satsuma, 2 pears, options (2)

Dinner - not sure yet

Syns for the day - 2

Back on plan Thursday

Put 0.5lb on this week, it's my first gain and I'm quite happy with it - got sotm for December & prize is a 6 week countdown (very welcome). Got the new books but haven't had chance to go through them properly.

Menu today - Green

Lunch - jkt potato, vlf cottage cheese, activia yoghurt

Snacks - apples, satsuma, 2 pears, options x 2 (4)

Dinner - egg, baked beans, mushrooms, ketchup (1), activia yoghurt

Syns for the day - 5

Last edited:
Hi F&F;)

Just seen your diary for the first time and had a read. I'm stuck off work and have a calf/ligament injury, so spending way too much time on here than necessary/healthy;)

Always good to see someone aiming to reach target. You will probably scoff at this idea, but you just "enjoy" the journey of losing weight. I lost approx 91lb in 36 weeks to reach target. It was an absolute joy! - i loved every second of it.

I've spent the last 8 months struggling with maintaining and changing my target(s):eek:

After being inactive and a Christmas off-plan:eek: - I went back to WI yesterday, and am 14lb over target weight. So I plan to reduce it further - I want to lose 100lb in total and am focussed on achieving it....believe me losing is much more fun than maintaining!

I'm just about to look over the new books too - and this is just the right time for a change and getting the "owld heed" back into gear lol.

I'll keep an eye on you now I've found the diary, and look forward to you hitting your mini-goals all the way to target. Sadly, I was fat @ 40 - but will be fab @ 50:cool:

Your food choices seem excellent to me. Not sure about your exercise regime or time constraints with family etc. but go for gold!

Steve

Nearly the weekend.

I feel back in control, totally focused and ready to get rid of the rest of this weight in 2012 (or most of it anyway). It was strange to have a gain but in a bizarre way I'm pleased I did. I have lost every week since I joined end July and I think I needed to have a gain when it would be expected so I wouldn't feel I'd failed, instead I am confident that the little gain will be off next week. Sort of put some demons to bed.

Thanks for dropping by Steve, appreciate your kind comments.

Menu today - Red

Lunch - jkt potato (hexb), 2 laughing cow extra light (1/2 hexa), diet irish yoghurt

Snacks - apples, satsuma, 2 pears, options (2)

Dinner - I'm thinking chicken wrapped in bacon with laughing cow light in the middle (1/2 hexa) & veg

Syns for the day - 2

Last edited:
Tuesday already

Another year begins and I'm feeling quite positive. The last few days have seen me on plan with a few flexible syns, which was my intention on plan the majority of Christmas / New Year with a few days of flexible syns without going over the top. I did that. I'll admit to having a bit of a wobble thinking I'd blown it yesterday - all because I chose to have some crackers, cheese & pate - not on plan but hardly the crime of the century.

Menu today - Green

Lunch - sw quiche with ham (1/2 hexb), mullerlight yoghurt

Snacks - 2 apples, satsuma, 2 pears, 2 plums, options x 2 (4)

Dinner - jkt potato, baked beans, egg, 30g cheddar (hexa)

Syns for the day - 4

Last edited:
Weigh in Wednesday

Quite looking forward to wi tonight - I'm not expecting a loss - in fact I have no idea how I've done that's why I need to get weighed and move on.

Menu today - Green

Lunch - jkt potato with vlf cottage cheese, mullerlight yoghurt

Snacks - 2 apples, 2 satsuma, 2 pears, 2 plums, options x 2 (4), hifi (hexb)

Dinner (after wi) - Batchelors pasta n sauce - macaroni cheese (2) 4 crackers (6), 25g pate (4), 1 tsp onion chutney (0.5)

Syns for the day - 16.5

Last edited:
Hope you had a good xmas! Nice little diary you got, will pop in and check it out some more :) xx

Thanks for dropping by :)

Weigh in last night was good, I lost 0.5 lbs which cancels out last week's gain - so overall I'm pleased with a weight neutral christmas & new year.

Group moved to new location last night and I'm not sure about this; the hall was freezing and I don't like being cold. There were lots of new members which is what it's all about i suppose but as it's 10 miles further away and the weather was dreadful I was not impressed. In a few weeks I can't make Wed wi due to dd school event so will try out another group - If I like it I'll move.

When I finally got in last night it was gone 9pm and I had planned to have some batchelors macaroni cheese - I know it only takes 10 mins to cook but I managed to nibble my way through some pate & crackers while waiting :rolleyes:. I've synned it and came in at 16.5 for the day so not too bad but equally not something I want to be doing again. tbh it was the last of the Christmas pate so won't be buying any more - that'll stop me.

Thursday and it's another cold, wet & windy day

Menu today - Green

Snacks - 2 apples, satsuma, 2 pears, 2 plums, options x 2 (4), hifi (hexb)

Dinner - wedges, 71g phili light (hexa), baked beans

Syns for the day - 4

Last edited:
Nearly the weekend Friday.

It's still cold so another green day for me; I do like my jkt potatoes when it's cold outside. Haven't decided what to have for dinner tonight, possibly some pasta.

Menu today - Green

Snacks - 2 apples, 2 pears, 2 plums, options x 2 (4)

Dinner -

Syns for the day - 4

Tuesday, day before weigh in.

Haven't updated diary for weekend yet, had a flexible day on saturday and went a few syns over on sunday.

Monday's menu - Green

Snacks - 2 apples, 2 pears, 2 plums, 2 satsumas, options x 2 (4), hifi (6)

Dinner - macaroni cheese (2), mullerlight yoghurt

Syns for the day - 12

Today's menu - Orange

Snacks - 2 apples, 2 pears, 2 plums, 2 satsumas, options x 2 (4), grapes

Dinner - beef stew (beef, carrots, leeks, onions, mushrooms, passata, worcestershire sauce, oxo, marmite) with cabbage & mash potato, gravy granules (1)

Syns for the day - 5

Last edited:
Yummy dinner sounds lovely xxx

Weigh in Wednesday

Today's menu - red

Lunch - sw quiche, mullerlight yoghurt

Snacks - 2 apples, 2 pears, 2 plums, 2 satsumas, options x 2 (4), grapes, hifi (6)

Dinner - 5 scan bran (hexb), laughing cow light (hexa), smoked salmon, stilton (5) - yum yum - after wi, of course :)

Syns for the day - 15

Syns for the week - 105.5 (pleased with that considering flexible saturday)

Last edited:
Another wet & windy Thursday.

Well last night wi I lost 0.5 lbs and I know I've kept on plan so think the hormones are playing silly wotsits so a bit of catch up is in order next week. I can't go to usual class next week so am wi a day later on Thursday.

I wasn't impressed with class last night again, I'll see what the class I go to is like next week then decide if I'm changing.

Today's menu - green

Lunch - sw quiche, mullerlight yoghurt

Snacks - 2 apples, 2 pears, 2 plums, 2 satsumas, options x 2 (4)

Dinner - egg, sw chips, baked beans

Syns for the day - 4

Syns for the week - 15 (includes 11 from after wi wed)

Back