The last time I ever join a slimming club .....

Half a lb is at least a loss :) Its worth going to a class you like. I used to go to one and all they did was read out who had lost or gained and there was no image therapy as such so it was a waste of time.
Good luck next week with your possibly new class.

Ps I love my slow cooker as well :)

xxx

Well this hasn't been much of a diary for a few months, but I'm back on plan now and feeling ok. 1/2 a lb to go to my 4 stone award - do I hate those pesky 1/2 lbs.

Red Thursday - 10 syns

Breakfast: weetabix (hexb), 200ml semi-skimmed milk (hexa), banana

Lunch: sw quiche with smoked salmon, cucumber & tomatoes, diet irish yoghurt

Dinner: chicken with phili (1/2 hexa) wrapped in bacon, jkt potato (hexb), veg, mullerlight

Snacks: apple, pear, nectarine, plum, grapes, hightlights drink (2syns), 6 finn crisp (6 syns) with phili (1/2 hexa), sugar in coffee (2syns)

I'm also trying to up my water intake. I did really well and lost 6lbs a couple of weeks ago and the noticeable difference (apart from following the plan) was my water intake.

Last edited:
Your food sounds yummy :)

I am also upping my water intake this week to see if it helps. When is your next WI?
xxx

Oo you will walk it then :-D and in fact I bet you will be nearer you 4 and a half stone than your 4
xxx

Thank Crunchie it's Friday - 12syns

Lunch: sw quiche with ham & mushroom, cucumber & tomatoes, mullerlight

Dinner: jkt potato (hexb), phili (hexa), mullerlight

Snacks: apple, pear, plum, wine (6syns), hifi bar (6syns)

I rememberd to bring my sparkling water with me today, so that'll help with the water intake. Bit peeved with myself for the finn crisp last night but was so hungry waiting for my dinner I got the munchies.

Last edited:
Miserable Monday - 13 syns

Lunch: sw quiche with ham (0.5 syns) & mushroom, cucumber & tomatoes, mullerlight

Dinner: chicken (hexb), noodles, hoisin sauce (1.5syns)

Snacks: apple, pear, plum, satsuma, options (2syns), 3 alpen bars (9syns), cupshotz

Had a bit of a weekend ;) - Indian restaurant meal on Saturday and brekkie out on Sunday so not the best but that's behind me. What an awful day, I hate dull miserable weather - want some sunshine back

Got the munchies big style so changed to a green day and added a cupshotz.

Last edited:
Extra Easy Tuesday - 2 syns

Dinner: fish pie (1syn for cornflour), milk from hexa & veg. New recipe - hope it's ok - it was yummy :)

Snacks: apple, pear, plum, satsuma, grapes, cupshotz, 1 sugar (1syn)

Having a bit of a hormonal day, I posted on Katie's diary earlier about how I'd gained 3lbs in an hour last week (I know I was watching Hairy Bikers cook but really!) I was literally watching my belly expand and I know it's due to hormones and thankfully I'm having hysterectomy next week so this will (hopefully) be behind me. What worries me is that while I'm recouperating I'll obviously be at home and I'm not good with temptation. Food wise I've been trying some recipes to add to the normal repertoire which can be easily put together - I'll be home alone so need to eat! and although I know I'll need to rest I don't plan on doing nothing - I'm sure I can rustle up some easy meals.

Pea & Ham soup - delicious, got some in freezer but foolishly froze a batch (wonder if I can slice it into portions :rolleyes:)
Leek & Potato soup - tried a couple of weeks ago with some sw scones - definate do again
SW pizza
SW quiche
Slow cooker gammon in diet coke, jkt potato & veggies
Diet coke chicken / wedges / veg
Fish & chips / veg
Spag bol
Chicken & hoisin noodles
Fish pie & veg

Need to test

Flapjacks

I'm off to look through Pete's for more ideas - his food always looks amazing. Any hints or tips gratefully received.

Last edited:
Weigh In Wednesday - 14 syns

Dinner: Gammon, jkt potato (hexb), salad - after wi tonight

Snacks: apple, pear, plum, satsuma, nectarine, options (2syns), 2 hifi bars (12syns), sugar (1syn)

Not entirely unexpected - put on 1.5 lbs - most of it bloatedness so not worrying about it. Really would like 2lbs next week for the 4 stone sticky - seems to have taken ages to get from 3 - 4 stone!

Last edited:
Orange Thursday - 8 syns

Dinner: mince, leek dumpling (5), carrots, swede, mash, peas, gravy (1)

Snacks: apple, pear, satsuma, grapes, options (2syns)

Still feeling bloated, once this goes I'm sure the extra couple of lbs I'm hanging on to will follow.

It's a green Tuesday - 3.5 syns

Lunch: sw quiche with ham (1.5 syns) & mushroom, cucumber & tomatoes, mullerlight

Dinner: jkt potato, baked beans, cheese (hexa)

Snacks: apple, pear, satsuma, plum, options (2syns)

Had a good weekend, few little treats but nothing mad, bloatedness seems to have calmed down so hopefully tomorrow night will have my 2lbs off and my 4 stone award.

Been a couple of weeks, I did loose 2.5 lbs so got my 4 stone award on 11.04. Had hysterectomy on 12.04 and haven't been on plan at all since. I start off with good intentions then loose it completely usually by about 11.30am!

My aim is to give myself another 2 or 3 weeks then get back to group (I've got 6 weeks before I have to pay as I've had major surgery) hopefully weighing the same as I did when I was last there. According to my scales I'm 15 st 6 so if I can stay around there I'll be happy. While my body adjusts to hrt patches and I can't exercise (or move much) then I'm not going to beat myself up.

When I went back to sw I'd gained 2.5 lbs so not too bad but I had a few weeks of not following plan and before I knew it I was up to a 4lb gain so time to pull myself together and lose this damn weight. I feel like I'm back on plan now and feeling better for it. I went back to work after 3 months off which also means no access to my kitchen and it's goodies. It's nearly my SW 1st anniversary, 2 more weigh ins and I'd love to have my 4.5 stone sticker - only 4.5 lbs so doable but not easy. My initial plan of being at target by end 2012 is not realistic so I'm going to reset to 2013.

Todays Diary - Red, 12.5 syns

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (hexb), milk (hexa), banana
Mid morning: plum, nectarine
Lunch: sw quiche, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, yoghurt, pear
Mid afternoon: apple, banana, highlights (2syns)
Dinner: sw quiche, salad & jkt potato (hexb) with cheese (hexa), yoghurt, apple
Evening Snack: Cake (7.5syns), coffee with sugar (1syn), 4 chewy sweets (2syns)

Last edited:
What a miserable day, goodness me I desperately need to see some sun. Glad I've got some lamb in my slow cooker for tonight.

Todays Diary - Orange, 9.5 syns

Breakfast: 30g All Bran Golden Crunch (hexb), milk (hexa), banana
Mid morning: pear, bgty cup-a-soup (3syns)
Lunch: sw quiche, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mugshot, yoghurt, pear
Mid afternoon: apple, banana, highlights (2syns)
Dinner: lamb, potatoes, carrots, swede, green beans, cabbage, gravy (1.5 syns), mint jelly (2syns), yoghurt, apple
Evening Snack: coffee with sugar (1syn)

If I'm honest I haven't really been on plan lately, in my defence I was on holiday last week but after a 1.5lb gain on Wednesday night I'm feeling more positive about the plan and my ability to follow it, despite this I'll admit I've been checking out the ww section and may jump ship. I've got another 2 weeks from a 12 week countdown so am trying to re-focus myself. I need to up my water intake so will be keeping track of that too.

Todays menu - Red

Breakfast:2 weetabix (hexb), milk (hexa), banana
Coffee
Mid morning: coffee, plum
Water
Lunch: vlf cottage cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, yoghurt, pear, plum
Mid afternoon: pear, plum, highlights (2syns)
Dinner: smoked salmon omelette with salad, yoghurt
Evening Snack: Mocha - made with coffee & highlights (2syns), 2 hifi bar (hexb + 6 syns)

Wed Syns - 3
Thurs Syns - 12.5
Fri Syns - 10

Last edited:
I've had a bit of a mixed weekend. I've upped my exercise and went for a bike ride on Saturday - I haven't done this in over 20 years so very pleased with that - hell do I ache since. Also had a very long walk at seaside with dh yesterday then another couple of miles last night. Now the food hasn't been so good, Indian meal out Sat night, then seaside food - you just got to have fish & chips ;). Back on plan again which is the main thing.I'm not going to even try to pull back the weekend syns, far too many but I'm going to try to keep it low to limit the damage.

Todays menu - Red

Coffee
Mid morning: coffee, peach, plum
Water
Lunch: vlf cottage cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, yoghurt, pear
Mid afternoon: apple, plum, highlights (2syns)
Dinner: 4 NuMe sausages (4syns), 1 egg, mushrooms & courgette, yoghurt, peach, plum
Evening Snack: chocolate (6.5syns)

Wed Syns - 3
Thurs Syns - 12.5
Fri Syns - 10
Sat Syns - 53
Sun Syns - 56.5
Mon Syns - 12.5

Last edited:
Tried the NuMe sausages last night and they were ok. Tonight I'm having my version of the hairy dieters leek lasagne.

Todays menu - Red

Coffee
Mid morning: coffee, peach, plum
Water
Lunch: ham, vlf cottage cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, yoghurt, pear
Mid afternoon: apple, plum, highlights (2syns)
Dinner: Lasagne (2syns) + cheese (hexa), yoghurt, banana
Evening Snack: 2 weetabix (hexb), milk (hexa), banana, popcorn (5.5syns), coffee with sugar (1syn)

Wed Syns - 3
Thurs Syns - 12.5
Fri Syns - 10
Sat Syns - 53
Sun Syns - 56.5
Mon Syns - 12.5
Tues Syns - 10.5

Last edited:
Weigh in Wednesday. I always have this nervous feeling even when I've been 100% and well I have certainly not been 100% this week. I feel better having a quick record of weekly syns and have certainly planned meals much better this week.

Todays menu - Red

Coffee
Mid morning: ww cappuccino (2.5syns), nectarine, plum
Water
Lunch: sw quiche, yoghurt, pear, plum
Mid afternoon: apple, plum, grapes, coffee

Post Weigh In

Evening Snack: hifi bar (hexb)
Dinner: Lasagne (2syns) + cheese (hexa), yoghurt, coffee with sugar (1syn) Kelloggs moments (5syns)

Wed Syns - 3
Thurs Syns - 12.5
Fri Syns - 10
Sat Syns - 53
Sun Syns - 56.5
Mon Syns - 12.5
Tues Syns - 10.5
Wed Syns - 2.5 + 8 post wi

Weekly syn total is 160 so well over the recommended 105.

On the positive side I've done more exercise this week. My scales show 15st 7.5 this morning but tbh I can't go to group wearing only my nighty and I don't wi until tonight so a couple of lbs there too so may just sts. I vaguely remember in my dim & distant past being told that sin allowances (they were sins not syns in those days) were based on amount of weight still to loose on a roughly sliding scale upto 20. Now as I have over 6 stone to loose I'd be on the 20 so only gone over by 1 day - well how about that for putting a spin on it ;) In all seriousness while I'd obviously love a loss I fully expect a gain and it would be well deserved (and enjoyed).

Last edited:
Woo hoo

I lost 2.5 lbs so thrilled - I know I probably don't deserve it so can only think the extra exercise has helped. Also need to be good this week, don't want it catching up with me this week. I've been stuck at this level for far too long.

Todays menu - Red

Coffee
Mid morning: nectarine, plum
Water
Lunch: sw quiche, yoghurt, pear, plum
Mid afternoon: highlights fudge hot choc (2syns) apple, 2 plums, grapes, coffee, crisps (6.5syns)
Dinner: Gammon, new potatoes (hexb), lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, pickled onions, carrot, apple
Evening Snack: coffee with sugar (1syn), 6 custard creams (18syns) :eek:

Wed Syns - 8
Thurs Syns - 27.5

Last edited:
I like the sound of the Hairy Bikers lasagne but haven't had time to try it yet. Definitely will as I usually do red days so it will fit in better with leeks. I'm not sure the kids will like it but if I don't tell them maybe they won't notice?

Back