The March Team

Hi all......isn't it just great to chat to others in same situation.
I'm really proud of all of us.
Vixter - it was my first weigh in today and over the moon!! (to say the least)
This is just the start and I just feel so much more motivated.
When I start to waver I reach for a bottle of water & sign on here.
May be on again soon!!! lol
xxxxxx

Hi all......isn't it just great to chat to others in same situation.
I'm really proud of all of us.
Vixter - it was my first weigh in today and over the moon!! (to say the least)
This is just the start and I just feel so much more motivated.
When I start to waver I reach for a bottle of water & sign on here.
May be on again soon!!! lol
xxxxxx

YAY !!!!!!! Way to go Dextersmum - that's fan-flippin-tastic !!!!

Hi All, I'm new to CD - got my 1st WI on Weds evening. It's great to read all your posts and see how you all encourage and support one another. I've started the diet with my auntie so we're helping each other along and so far so good. I'm lucky to live alone so I've emptied my house of snacks and most of my food, don't think I could handle cooking for someone else everyday.
I'm pleasantly surprised at how well I've adapted to the diet as I thought it would be really difficult getting out of my old eating habits - don't get me wrong, I've wrestled with my conscience a few nights not to order take-away food but the thin me has won every time :D
I cant help jumping on the scales everyday now which is quite a bad habit - I think it's becoming abit of an obsession. Must be the joy I get from seeing the numbers fall each day but I know it needs to stop! I'll have a better experience when I visit my CDC each week if I don't know how I've done.
I'll post again on Weds to let you know how I've got on - fingers crossed it'll be a good loss!!!
Keep Going!

Hi skinny minnie - welcome, and good luck for Wednesday. Hide the scales! I haven't even got a pair in the house! Makes me wait till I see the CDC each week.

Vixster - yeah had a lovely walk thanks - isn't this weather beautiful - been a long time coming!

I'm so proud of all of the March team - we are doing so well.

Twingo / Gembots - I started on the bars this week. Have to admit, its a bit trial and error - some are nice, some are awful. But i bought one of each to try but will only be ordering the nice ones from now on!

Sonya - where are you?! Hope you are ok.

Smamf - don't let you TOTM get you down. At least you know that those weeks may not show massive losses so it wont come as a surprise. I am like that too - but i know things will kick back into gear the next week.

I'm gonna go for another gentle walk this afternoon. Finished my work early so im going to make the most of sunshine!

Speak later. x

re: chcolate covered bars - i'm not a big fan of chocolate, (waits for the gasps of horror from the chocoholics!) are the peanut bars nice? i love nuts! (make up your own jokes) ;-)

I quite liked the peanut ones and the cranberry ones. The one i disliked the most was the chocolate one - too bitter.

I likes nuts too!!!:drool:

Hi Guys! Off to see my CDC in 4 hours....don't think I will get bars...although I like the cranberry it's hard to chew and I always find them a bit windy!!:eek:

I'm going to stick to my Shakes for another week....and then I need to order 4 weeks worth as CDC is on hols...so might do a little bit of experimentation then!

Hi All, sit back cos this is going to be a long one!

Nellis10, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, you had a great weight loss and we all want to be you"!! :birthday:

Dextersmum, 10lbs loss!
Well done hun. :character00100:

Debs, I am suffering from a cold and have had the kids being kids all weekend so couldn't muster up the energy to come on here:boohoo:. I'm still suffering but I can proudly say that I am still 100% and have not caved in considering your mouth tastes horrible on this diet but include being poorly to that as well, I'm effing amazing! Lol. :8855:
Thanks for allowing to me to alter my signature similar to yours. :)

Smanf, as long as you lose, that is the most important thing. You know that while on TOTM you can't have a true idea of what your weight loss would be without so chin up babe, we are all here for you. :)

Vixster, I always go out for a meal on mothers day too but not this year. I said I'll cook but still not sure what's happening.:confused:
100% all the way. :talk017:

Gembots, what flavour bars did you get? :drool:

Twingo, good luck on todays WI, I hope you meet your expectations! :)

Skinnie_minnie, welcome and I hope you enjoy reading our posts. You seem to be clear on what is expected of you on this diet so lets get skinny! :p
I weighed myself everyday too but since seeing the results when I visit my CDC, I now know I don't need to as of course I'll lose weight and it's always a nice surprise at each WI. ;)

So how are you all?

I got 3 chocolate (I'm not big on chocolate either but thought I'd give them a bash) 3 Peanut (Yum, Yum ~ I'm another that loves nuts) and 1 orange to try.

I think next time Ill be getting more orange and no chocolate.

I have a terrible stomach ache at the moment though ~ almost like trapped wind. I'm blaming the bars for it.

Hi Sonya,

Sorry to hear you have been unwell - missed ya! :gen126:

This thread is going really well - we have a great little group going here now.

I'm still having a nightmare with my OH. To be honest, i think it is only a matter of time before we split. The reason i started this diet was because of a nasty comment he made (plus i knew i had let myself go a bit) - now he's giving me hell because im on a diet so we are not eating takeaways or going out for meals. I cant win. :doh:

But as someone else said, I am now doing this for me! And i will give him something to eat - his nasty words! Cor i felt all empowered then! :8855:

Anyway, hope you are feeling a bit better now. You have done really well - i would be crap as i have always lived by the motto "feed a cold, starve a fever" - i will just have to convince myself its a fever if ever i am sick.

Speak soon.

Debs xxx

Oh Debs. How awful for you. You really sound like you're coping so well though. :gen126:

Keep your chin up and give us a yell if you need a shoulder to cry/lean on.

Thanks Gembots. Ive had nearly 5 years of it so its like water off a ho sin ducks back! xxx

Aw hunny, I can't really empathise with you as cos as you know I split with my partner. You deserve this though and don't let anyone tell you any different but also please remember that he is probably dealing with his own insecurities. I know that is no excuse but find out what his issues are and maybe you can work through it. If not, it's time for you to make some decisions. :confused:

When me and my partner split he texted me some cruel texts about my weight. I have kept those texts and read them almost everyday when I need someone to tell me why I am doing this. He has no idea how much he has helped me in a bad but good way, if that makes sense!?

Ah I've missed you all too, my little family, well not so little anymore eh? ;)

Debs we can always exchange numbers if you ever need to talk. :hug99:

Thanks Sonya. This has been brewing for a while. I have already said that i would like to split but hes not having any of it.

I will send you a PM with my mobile and email address. Thanks hun xxx

Aw Debs, know its none of my business but....if you feel like its only a matter of time, why wait around and waste more time, thinking about how he made you feel with a hurtful comment, that he had no right to make!!! Tut, no one should have the right to make you feel rubbish about yourself! I'm happy it spurred you on to make a commitment to the diet, but only for the sake of your health! (and self confidence..it feels good doesn't it!) really angry at him, i feel like a bit of a feminist! sorry, but just do what makes you happy, life is far too short!!! take care, well done, and chin up!!

Sorry long post!

I split with my partner after 6 years of being hassled about my weight. He got more and more cruel as the years went by. He then had an affair with my best friend of 16 years. As you can imagine i was devastated, but i was soo beaten down by his treatment of me over the previous years that i stayed with him and put up with all the crap. He stopped the affair but that hurt never went away. Anyway a couple of years after that i felt strong enough to leave.

18 months down the line we are back together, (something i never thought would happen) and getting some counselling, he is soo much nicer now, treats me really well, and never ever hassles me about my weight. I know he needs me as much if not more than i need him and it seems to have woken him up to how wonderful i am! lol. He knows i am dieting and its nothing to do with him.

CD first timer - its probably nothing to do with you or your weight. He's probably angry at the world and as you are his rock and the person he is most comfortable with he thinks he can hurt you and get away with it. He's just lashing out. Its not you, there is nothing wrong with you and he needs a wake-up call. Whatever is going on with him he needs to face it and stop making you miserable! (sorry probs gone too far now). Counselling is a wonderful thing if you could drag him there!

I know most people wouldnt be able to forgive what my OH did to me but to be honest i think in the end it made me stronger and more empowered. I think it was almost worth the heartache.

Twingo - you're very brave to get back with your partner after his infidelity, I'm not sure I could regain that trust if someone ever hurt me like that.
We all seem to have a lot in common anyway - I too have recently split with my partner of 5 years!! :confused: We split amicably though and he was always great about my weight although he didn't understand (being a naturally thin person) the struggles we face with food.

I have taken our split as the opportunity to become a new woman - lose all the weight I put on since we've been together and have a fresh start :D

When are we allowed to start eating the bars? I can't wait to chew something!!! I don't mind soup but it's not the same really & I imagine the bars are very convenient if you're ever out about. This will be very useful for me as I'm starting a new job in April and will be on the road alot.

Sonya, thanks for the advice - I will put away my scales tonight!!

Thanks - not brave at all really. I dated quite a lot while we were apart, then i realised that whatever his faults i still like spending time with him more than anyone else. The fact that he seemed to sort himself out in the time we were apart obviously helped that and he knows that if he ever goes back to his old ways i will walk for good. I'm not meek enough to put up with it anymore.

Back