The March Team

Morning all. I wasn't around yesterday as the family went to Legoland for the day.
Had a great time and really wore myself out. I have no energy today at all.

Bad luck on your slip up Sonya. Just do wwhat I did and remember that its a new day today and look forwards.

Morning all,

So here we are again - another weekend to contend with. I always find them harder than during the week. Have a 30th BD party tonight and tomorrow hope to go out on the motorbike - usually culminates in fish and chips somewhere (wish they made fish and chip flavour bars! Joke!).

Sonya - my god, what i would do for a big mac. Luckily I don't have any McDonalds close by. But hey, at least you have shown your body that there is still food on the planet - sometimes I think thats a good thing.

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Debs x

Hi Everyone, I am new to this. Started CD yesterday. Just testing to see if this post works! Also, can someone tell me how I get a diet tracker/ticker thing?! x

I started yesterday too, maybe we can be CD buddies!!
If you look in the technical support bit of the forum they tell you there how to put tickers on your sig, I just read posts and found which ticker I liked and went to that site! Hope this helps x Good luck x

That sounds good! Think I've worked out how to do it now! Looks like u are trying to lose the same amount as me. I'd like to get down to 9 stone. My counsellor has set a goal of 10 stone to begin with though so am aiming towards that to begin with. How are u getting on so far? x

Yeah we have similar amounts of weight to loose! Im ok today, a bit light headed, but feel slimmer already :)
I went to a kids party today which was hard with all the party food usuals, but I was good!
How are you getting on today??

There are some amazing insirational stories on here! Well done to you all!

Hi,

I was wondering if I can join you all? I am going to see a cdc on Mon night and hopefully start on Tues (if that's how it works?!). I'm Gill and i'm a mummy to two little boys who are 2yrs and 8mths. I have about 5 1/2 stones to lose and i'm determined to do it.

My weight has crept up over the last 4yrs due to stopping smoking, having the boys and having two c-sections and just not bothering about myself really!

I'm hoping to lose the majority of the weight by mid July for my hols but I might be a bit adventurous with that but it's a goal to drive towards.

You all seem to be doing really well and a bit of team work and kicking up the bum is needed sometimes so i'd really appreciate it if I could join.

Thanks,
Gill
x

Hi Gill,Hels & Flowergirl and Big Welcome :gen144:
to the March team :talk017:

This is the best place to be - like having loads of diet buddies. You will find support and motivation, everyone here is great!

My name is Sharon and I am a working mum of 2 boys who would love to lose about 3-4 stone in total. Aiming for 10 stone first and then shall take it from there.
I managed to lose 10lb in first week on SS and was so pleased with myself but this last week has been terrible. Just couldn't find myself sticking to it. Been off work poorly as well which hasn't helped.
My sis is starting her diet on Monday - she is doing Lipotrim which is similar to CD so have decided to go 100% SS from their. What with support from here and sis just know that it can be done :)

Good luck and if you feel hungry just get on here ......and drink loads of water!!

Bye for now xxx

Thank you! I'm really hoping I lose alot in the first week to keep me motivated. I lost 2 and a half stone on Slimming World a few years ago but have put it all back on since, plus an extra stone and a half! I don't know about anyone else but I have found that the more weight I put on, the more I ate. I'd start trying to eat healthy each week and do well for a few days but then I'd start feeling bad about myself and eat something bad. Once I'd eaten one bad thing, it was a downwards spiral from there! I think when you're losing weight so slowly it demotivates you. All change now though! I really do believe that this is the diet for me! I love reading everyones posts and am feeling motivated already! xxx

Hi Sharon, thanks for the welcome. Sounds like you one really well the 1st week, I wouldn't worry too much about having an off week especially when you were ill. You have your sis and all of us to lean on and be motivated by so i'm sure you will do great. I can't wait to get started! Must admit I think I will find no alcohol harder than no food though lol
x

Lol, Gillian, but didnt you find alcohol = munchies??!! I was my hungriest after a few beers!
Thanks for the welcome Sharon, Ill bet you and your sister will be great support for each other!
Flowergirl, how has today been? Ive had some rubbish moments, but ok now.

Evening all!! Just a quickie to say that Day3 is going great and my ketostix showed pink this morning!!Woo hoo!! Have more energy today and not so grumpy either!!! Anyway be good and "Happy Mothers Day" to all you yummy mummys for tomorrow xx

I'm ok thanks Hels!! Feeling a little irritable. All my friends are out drinking tonight whilst I'm sitting in drinking water!! They keep calling/texting me trying to persuade me to come out! (they don't know i'm doing this diet). I texted my counsellor telling her this & she said 'there will be plenty of weekends when you are slim and happy!' And I know she's right!!
Apart from that today has been ok, pretty tired and headachy but enjoyed my vegetable soup and butterscotch shake! Have drank loads of water & had a few cups of black coffee to keep me going. Hoping that I'll feel ok by Monday..back to work! Am a bit worried I'll still feel abit rubbish thou as I didn't cut back on carbs before going on this. Did u hels? And does any1 know if this will make a difference to how much i lose in the first week? xxx

Hey All,

I am going to keep this brief so I apologise for not greeting and replying to everyone personally but I will soon.

I've slipped up again today. I'm so ashamed. I feel bloated, sick, and tearful. I am going to have an early night, plan to eat sensible tomorrow and start again Monday. I weighed myself today and was 12st 8lbs! I was 13st 8lbs on Wednesday and today is Saturday. How? This is why I feel disheartened. I'm so frustrated that I have almost reached my goal and I still haven't dropped a size. BUT, I know I will, I just need to be patient and stay focused.

Well done to everyone who is going strong for the team x.

Evening All,
Feel really good today, went out last night and had 1 diet pepsi, (is that ok to have now and again?) will it affect ketosis?
I watched the other half eat a kebab on the way home and didnt even taste one bit..lol.. so very proud of me self...lol..
I will be sitting at the table for mothers day lunch with me porridge..:).. lol. x

Hi everyone. It's day 6 for me today and it's been really hard. I woke up very cheerful and positive, but when it got to dinner time I had a few tears. Got myself through another day though. I've managed to stay 100%-not a thing has passed my lips apart from shakes and water!:D

Hi All

I'm late comer to this thread, started on the 2nd March. I'm quite pleased with my self, I'm a typical man, i love eating lost of meat and bread and cheese but I'm getting on better with the diet than I thought.

Sonya, am I reading your weight lost correctly, 34lb in 3 weeks!!! my god, don't stay on this diet too long you will disappear completly..

Well done

Hello Marchies,
Well yes i am a disappointment :copon:as had a little slip up today (blaming my oh completely!).....since Thursday's post, i have kind of resigned myself to needing a fresh week and a fresh start so i'm not going to harp on about it again! Will be 100% from tomorrow onwards, my weigh in on Monday will probably be disappointing but i'm going to take this as my lesson learnt and be in it to win it again as of tomorrow!!
I actually don't find the diet hard to stick to and feel good doing SS, i think it's just been bad habits haunting me a little. I have seriously learnt a lot in the last few days!
Anyway, Welcome to all the newcomers!! :talk017:
and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY for tomorrow to all the yummy mummies! Have a lovely day.
xx

Morning Marchies,

Happy Mothers Day to all the March Mummies. My 14 yr old daughter gave me a beautiful card that brought a lump to my throat - bless her.

Went to a BD party last night and there was a massive buffet - I did have a little food but nothing that I couldn't have on SS+ so I am very pleased with myself - turkey and salad.

As its another beautiful day today I am going to go for a nice long walk.

Sonya - don't beat yourself up babe - you have done sooooo well. I am amazed at the amount of weight you have lost - especially as you are not even that big - you are an inspiration! xxx

Welcome to all the newcomers, and our first man Marchie!!

Proabably wont be back on again until tonight so have a great day everyone!

Debs x

Back