The March Team

Morning Marchies,
Day 22 for me and out of those I've had 21 100% days so I'm feeling good and proud of myself.

Morning Everyone!! Happy Mothers day for all you mums! I'm now on day 3 & have stuck to it 100%...I must say, I'm surprising myself. Feeling very cold and lightheaded today but its ok, not too bad. Well, I couldn't resist weighing myself when i got up and I've lost 4 pounds already....Yey!!!! Think all this water is doing wonders!! How is everyone else doing? And Sonya, I too think you're amazing...you've lost loads!!!! xxx

Flowergirl I did cut down a little on carbs and also started drinking more water, I have felt nausious more than anything!
Happy Mothers Day, and well done to you all!

Hello, can i join my names kelly and im on day 3 100%SS. i have to admit than i have been struggling, could do with your support after reading the theards.

i was 16st on 19/03/2009

would like to lose 4st by my wedding on 17/7/2009:p

Hi Kelly! Flowergirl and I are both on day 3 too. Stick with it, Im sure by the end of the week we'll have a little more motivation!

Hiya Marchies

Well, Day 18 and I'm still 100% SS and I feel really proud of myself. Today has so far been the hardest day since starting CD, I made my boyfriend his usual Saturday morning treat, bacon & cheese baps, which didn't bother me, obviously smelt delicious but I wasn't tempted to cheat. However this afternoon my Mum and Nan came round for lunch, I did a beef joint with all the trimmings, followed by sticky toffee pud and cream washed down with some lovely wine....Arrghhh it was torture, sat at the dining room table with my leek and potato soup just didn't cut it - I'm SO looking forward to bedtime tonight, where there are no temptations !!

My third weigh-in is on Wednesday night and I desperately hope I loose at least 4lb same as last week if not more (!) otherwise I think I may start to loose motivation !

Hello to the new Marchies...more the merrier !

On a positive note, my boyfriend and I went to Teignmouth for the day on Saturday and went for a lovely long walk in the sun, we even power walked for half an hour of the walk, which I would have found a real struggle before starting CD.

Gemboots, 21 days 100% is fantastic, well done you !

Sonya, pls don't be too upset, you've done SOOO amazingly well, like you said, tomorrow is another day and we know we can do it !!

Vix

Hi all,

So another weekend is done and dusted! Hope no-one struggled too much.

I managed my walk again today. Hoping it will help with a bigger loss this week.

I have a mega busy day tomorrow but will try and log on tomorrow night to see how everyone is doing.

Bye for now.

Deb x

Morning all & welcome to our new Marchies:talk017:

I have to say everyone is doing soooo well - Sonya please don't be hard on yourself, just look at how well you have done in such a short space of time :)

I have done terribly and just couldn't stick to my diet whatsoever:break_diet:

Put on 4lb!!!! so warning to all don't give up!!! :jelous:

However back to work & normal routine away from my kitchen sooo this is it again - last time I'm going to say this. Going for it big time!!

Wish me luck Marchies :talk017:

Morning Marchies :party0019:

Well i have my first official weigh in this afternoon but i am absolutely dreading it! I'm actually nervous, how silly is that!? Ever since Thursday's slip up that seems to have carried over into every day, i feel anxious about getting weighed. I've been in touch with CDC who says put this past week down to "preparation" and get on 100% today which sounds like a good idea to me! lol

So now, 100% SS begins for me today. Hope you all have a great start to the week and hello to everyone who's new here :welcome:

Will be back later with my dreaded results! "ThinkPositiveThinkPositiveThinkPositive"

xx

Lol, Gillian, but didnt you find alcohol = munchies??!! I was my hungriest after a few beers!
Thanks for the welcome Sharon, Ill bet you and your sister will be great support for each other!
Flowergirl, how has today been? Ive had some rubbish moments, but ok now.

That's true lol! I have been off drink for over a week now in preparation for CD and I have noticed that I def don't eat so much at night now i'm not havign a voddie!
x

Oh I meant to ask, is it normal for csc to hold their appointments at their house? I take it that it is, it's just my nearest one (which is till 25mls away!) is with a male cdc and my first appointment is with him at 7.30 tonight at his house.
My husband is really worried about this as I will be in an area I don't know very well and at a males house. I spoke to him on the phone and he seems really nice and it was his wife who answered the phone. I got his contact details straight off of CD website so he is one of their certified counsellors. I'm not that bothered about it tbh but my husband is and he can't come with me as he has to stay to watcch the kids and they will be in bed by then. I can't ask anyone else to some with me as i'm not telling anyone i'm on it until I feel established in it (can't bear the "you won't stick to it" comments).
Gill
x

Morning all,

Loads of ppl seem to have had slip ups this week. I just want to say to everyone, dont be disheartened. Draw a line under it and start again. I know its hard but we are all here to support each other.

Sharon, dont beat yourself up over your gain. We are all going to get them at one time or another.

MM, and anyone else weighing in today, good luck.

Its my 3rd wi today and its still totm for me! Im on day 22 and im proud to say 20 of them have been 100% ss. Update you all later with the results.

gillian ~ yes, pretty much all of the CDC's have the WI's at their house. If you're really not happy about it though ask if he'll come to your house or perhaps ask if he can recommend someone who can.

Morning everyone and welcome to all of the ne Marchies.

Morning all!
I have measured mt 'top tummy' today and its 2" less!!! Wooohooo! my waist is 1" less......... Its really kicked me on!
Hows every one else getting on?

Hey all, this is going to take a while!

Madmum, thanks for the support. How are you getting on? :)

Dextersmum, the weekend is definitely not the best time to restart but today is Monday so we have no excuses! Has you sister started yet? :)

Cad1, wow I didn’t realise that drinking alcohol could be so harmful :(. Luckily, or not, I don’t drink so I haven’t had to deal with aspect of things.

Gembots, thank you so much for your kind words. Tell me about legoland? I want to take the kids there but I’ve never been there so I don’t know if they will really take to it. My kids are 4 and 5. Were there many children there of that age? Well done on being on SS for so many days! :)

Deb, how’s it going? Are you still going strong for the team babe? :character00115:

Flowergirl, welcome to the march team. I hope you are getting all the support you need and remember, everyone in the team is so knowledgeable on all aspects of life, not just the diet! :p

Hels123smiles, welcome to you too hun. I hope this forum is as useful to you as it is to the rest of us. ;)

Gillianr2, hey welcome. You say you want to lose just over 5st. Can I ask how tall you are? I also had about 5st to lose too. Look forward to chatting to you. Congrats on being able to quit smoking. It’s a long way to travel to see a CDC but we do what we must. Each CDC works differently, I have had a CDC who visits me at home but the majority do see you at their homes. I hope you sort your conundrum out x.

Lauralou, I have only ever been advised to drink coke zero. Wow we could start charging companies to advertise their products on here! Lol. :8855:

Hey Sparkles, I don’t think I have spoken to you before so welcome. I hate it when I get teary but it doesn’t help that I have been on my TOTM since I started CD! Lol. :giggle:

Hey Captainpugwash, finally, a man joins us. Hey I’m a woman and I love, love, love cheese and bread and pasta and potatoes! How are you finding the diet? By the way, disappearing, me, I don’t think so. Just be happy to drop a dress size at the min. :D

Muffin Muncher, we have made a mistake but like you said, there is no point dwelling on it so let’s dust ourselves off and move on. Good luck on your WI today.

Welcome k anne, you should reach your target no problem as long as you don’t slip up like me. Is everything booked for your wedding? :)

Vixster well done on resisting all that lovely food. I am being hard on myself cos I’ve let myself down. I’m quite a competitive person so it makes me even more angry. Yes, tomorrow is another day. Thanks Hun. :hug99:

Smanf, I wanted to say a big thanks. I felt like such a failure that I would be starting from day one again but I’m not. I weekend of blips is noting compared to three weeks so I will take those days out of the equation and continue. :talk017:

So, I have had a really awful weekend, at it's all a result of me eating. I am determined once again and have that fighting spirit back. I have a new CDC now (I've changed again cos I need someone closer to my age who understands my lifestyle too) and she is the lady who features in the Cambridge magazine and was nominated for slimmer of the year.
I'm still feeling a little disheartened cos I've not dropped any sizes but it took me a about a year to put all this weight on so of course it will take longer than three weeks to come off. I'm ready!

Sonya ~ Legoland is ideal for kids from 4 ~ 10. There are lots of tiny rides for the younger kids as well as older ones.

We first went when my son was a Tumble Tot as part of a TT day and he was just far too young, but we started going back when he was 5 and we all just love it.
I really can't recommend it enough.
Any questions ~ just ask away.

Well done on picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and getting back to 100%.

Thanks Gembots, I've read so many posts and been told that it is difficult to get back into it but it's just a state of mind. I know I want to lose weight and I know that this is the quickest way so there's no using sulking about it!

I think Legoland does sound great. It's a bit of distance from me so I guess we'd have to book a hotel and make a weekend of it! The problem I have is, cos it's just me, I need rides that they can get on, with me. Is that possible there? Do they have rides that adults and kids can sit on?

Yes, almost all of the rides are for 2 or 3 people. Because it is designed for such young children they really seem to have taken the parents into consideration on the rides too.

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is ok.

Had weigh in yesterday and have lost 3.5lbs. Very happy considering I had a blip on the weekend due to it being TOTM.

Anyway it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me and I'm feeling good! 100% SS good.lol

Come on girls (and guys now) we CAN do this!!! Who's with me??

Soooo disheartened.

I was really pleased this morning when I measured my self, I had lost 2" off my top tummy, and DH weighed himself and had lost 10lb in 3 days :eek: so I got excited and weighed myself......1.5lbs off, so I have put on 1.5lbs. Also my measurments were back to normal, I shouldnt have measured my self first thing.
I have sat and cried :cry: I could loose more than that with eating food. I know that my weight will fluctuate, but I have seen so many people loosing large amounts in their first week 5-10lbs etc I thought I would too. :cry::cry:

Back