The more you drink the more you loose?????

water is the key when SSing. faster weight loss is ofcourse an incentive but the added bonus is clear skin.

There's no evidence of clearer skin, or faster weightloss.

The thread is very interesting BTW....have a read:cool:

I find it really hard to drink 4 pints of water! Mind you I've Never ever been a water fan. Missing my Coca Cola :(

Drinking lots does NOT flush out fat! That is just not scientific.
There is no evidence that drinking more fluid results in greater weight loss - this is largely a myth. This happens at LLife aswell. As a nurse I decided to do my own experiment last year on LL to prove catagorically to my LL counsellor that this was not true. It wasn't, my losses were the same on 4 litres as they were on 6. If you are losing large amounts then you would do so anyway regardless of the extra water you drink. I agree with an earlier poster that rumours like this are unhelpful to those who really struggle with their intake. If you are on a scientifically safe and controlled diet then every part of that diet and its components need to be based on fact and not rumour. Lecture over.

Tina

I love this thread!!!! it has been sooooo helpful as i really really struggle to drink more than 3 litres a day, as before i only used to drink absolute max of 1 ltr.
it has really cheered me up to know that i dont have to drown myself.....LOL

Lea xx

Interesting thread, my water intake varies day by day as I tend to go by how I am feeling. I know if I haven't drunk enough water, the ketones can make me feel a bit spacey, headachy and sometimes a little high.

Some days I find 4 - 5 pints plenty, other days I need 6 - 7, this depends on the weather, how active I've been etc. I drink just enough to feel normal. x

Some days I find 4 - 5 pints plenty, other days I need 6 - 7, this depends on the weather, how active I've been etc. I drink just enough to feel normal. x

And that's exactly how I think it should be. 2.25L isn't optional, but anything more is fine if you are thirsty or feel your body needs it.

Brillant thread, so nice to see the brain-washing about drinking crazy amounts of water hasn't been swallowed by everyone on here!!!
xx

Well when i compare my losses each week the weeks ive drank more water, ive lost more. Prob just coincidence, but it seems 2 work 4 me. It stops me from cheating, thats why i drink 4-5 litres. x x x

I remember reading that once your body gets used to receiving a certain amount on a regular basis, if it starts to get significantly less than that it will try to retain some to 'compensate' for the 'missing' water until it gets used to the new volumes.
'Course, since I can't remember where I read it, it could be absolute nonsense, but on the other hand sounds like a reasonable explanation for that phenomenon

lol! Since i started I have been forcing myself to drink about 5 -6 ltrs a day!!!! I have been seriously brainwashed!! I heard that when your in ketosis your body turns fat in to ketones and they get peed out, so the more you drink the more ketones you pee out!! lol, i am sooo gulable! Oh well, i am not going to try to drink too much anymore!! 3-4ltrs would suit me a lot more!!

completely agree, i drink about 6ltrs a day and feel so much better as well as having good losses!

How on earth do you manage to do 6ltrs!! I think I do 3 and by then i start to gag! I also find if I drink too much too soon (I was doing 2.5 ltrs before 1pm) i'd get a really upset tummy later...weird i know...but wow 6 ltrs really?? WOW!:eek:

im on my second Ltr of the day im hoping to stick to 3-4 so fingers crossed it helps lol xx

i have 4litres a day excluding the shakes and tea and my skin has gone so much better before my face always used to be full of spots but much clear now

works miracles

i have 4litres a day excluding the shakes and tea and my skin has gone so much better before my face always used to be full of spots but much clear now

works miracles

wahoo that would be fantastic for me !

Just thought i would post this.. i also did LT before CD and they also state to drink minimum of 4 pints max of 10 pints which helps with your losses
this next bit has been taken from the CD website

Why must I drink so much?
There are several reasons. A good rule of thumb for good health is to drink 4pt (2.25 ltr) of fluid a day whether trying to lose weight or not. If the Cambridge Diet is used as the ‘Sole Source’ of nutrition, this is the minimum for good health – 6-8pt (3 to 4ltr) would be even better. The reasons for this include:​

• A very low calorie diet (VLCD) like Cambridge produces a natural water loss and this must be replaced.
  • Food is largely composed of water, just like our bodies. On the ‘’Sole Source’’ programme it is necessary to compensate for the fluid that would otherwise have been taken in through food. It is important to keep the body’s fluid levels topped up to prevent the unpleasant symptoms of dehydration – headache, dizziness, fatigue, irritability and constipation.
  • The Cambridge Diet offers complete nutrition but in a very concentrated form. It is therefore ideal to have 250ml (half pint) of water before each diet to dilute the concentration of minerals and to help prevent any possible feeling of nausea.
  • Extra fluid enables the body to get rid of the waste products associated with the breakdown of fats resulting from weight loss

Back