The nicest hot chocolate outside of Starbucks!!!

jaylou

Gold Member
Now I'm not much of a low fat, artificial type hot chocolate lover although I do partake of the odd Options type drink and I love a yummy full fat Starbucks hot choc with all the trimmings but having just walked the dog in the freezing cold I needed something to warm me up and I've opened a sachet of....

Highlights Dark chocolate drink and it's absolutely gorgeous!!! I bought them on a whim for something different and now I'll have to try and find a pot of it as the sachets are expensive. I'm please that after all this time I've managed to find one I really like!

Just wanted to share with you lovely people :D

It is gorgeous isnt it???
I have yet to see the pot though. I've only come across the milk chocolate one. Thats lovely too!

Does it go nice & creamy when mix it with milk before the water? I may have to try! Do you know the syn value?

They are 2 syns each and go really nice and thick.

Yep, I added a splash of milk after the hot water as I find these drinks don't mix in properly if I add the milk first.

I love these but I'm sure the lifeline online diary stated that the dark chocolate had a different syn value to the milk choc ones. Do you know if that is right? My favourite is the mocha one MMMMmmmmmm

Just checked, it's even better!!

Cadbury Highlights Hot Chocolate Drink, Dark Chocolate, Less Than 1g Fat, dried 11g sachet[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
Original 1½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Yes, I must say that I far prefer the highlights to the options hot chocolate. They have changed the recipe recently and they are all really chocolatey. The mocha one is also great! Add some skooshy cream or marshmallows and they make a great indulgent yet low syn treat :D

If anyone likes ginger they do a ginger hot chocolate limited edition options sachet at the moment and its GORGEOUS tastes much richer than the normal options and its lovely and warming for cold days!

Abbysmum - what squirty cream do you use? I buy the Asda Good For You version and it works out as 0.5 syns for 25ml :)

HTH

jill

Hot choc now before byes I think... night night

Back