The nicest hot chocolate outside of Starbucks!!!

Right that's me off to tesco for a pot of that! What a good find for bargain syns. I don't usually go for 'fake' chocolate things either but sometimes you just have to!
I used 6 flipping syns on a Horlicks malted chocolate light drink the other night. It was lovely (like hot malteasers!) but soooo many syns. 2 syns is a bargain.

Thanks for the tip :D

Has anyone tried the Skinny cow hot choc, and does anyone know the syns for it?
I haven't tried it myself but was just wondering...

On p71 of the latest SW Magazine, there is a comparison chart of 5 low-calorie hot chocolate drinks. Skinny Cow is "pleasant and warming, but a little on the watery side". It has 2 syns per serving, as does the Options sachets I usually use - just had the Belgian Choc one, and I certainly wouldn't call THAT 'watery'!

Suprisingly, they both get 3 'ticks', as does the Sains BGTY in a jar, also "perhaps a bit watery" at 2 syns, with the Horlicks Instant Light Malt Chocolate ('silkiest, heavenly') getting 4 'ticks' but a MASSIVE 6 syns, and the Cadburys Highlights Milk Chocolate comes out top at 2 syns and FIVE 'ticks' !!!

Bet someone has beaten me to it to post this info, but hope it helps!!!

Personally I found the skinny cow one very disappointing and vey watery. I have a jar in the cupboard that will likely end up in the bin because it tastes so bad!

Just tried the dark chocolate one. Very nice! Thank you for the recommendation. I also found a chocolate fudge highlights, which I will be trying shortly.

Oh no! I bought two of the skinny cow sachets to try! I hate watery hot chocolate. Guess I could make them with my milk allowance though!

Just got back from Tescos and they DO do a large jar- £3.08 for 220g (so 20 servings). I have never tried it, so just got the double sachets- have to say I love it! Much nicer than all others I have tried previously

Thanks for the recommendation, Jaylou
x

Back