The No S Diet - anyone heard of this?

Sonya73

from the website...

No funny science or calorie accounting involved, just a few simple and mnemonic tricks for giving your willpower the upper hand.
There are just three rules and one exception:

• No Snacks
  • No Sweets
  • No Seconds
Except (sometimes) on days that start with "S"

That's it.

sounds pretty sensible to me - just common sense - I am generally working on thinking like this about food...

Has anyone tried to stick to this sort of concept and done well?

:)As it happens ive just brought this book of ebay (2.99) and i have to say i love his common sense attitude, but i think im going to need a lot of willpower wiith this plan. Im just so fed up of counting syns,points,calories. Writing everything down like some obsessed mad women, feeling guitly if i god forbid eat 3 pts,syns above my "allowance".

So im going to give it a go and see what happens, i cant afford to rejoin a sc now anyhows so this should be simple and cheap enough, i cook from fresh most nights anyhows, usually have prorridge,cereals for breakfast. So for my its deff portion sizes and snacks. Im gonna give it a go anyhows ive nothing to lose but fat !

it does seem to be just common sense - but maybe that is what we are lacking nowadays, with the easy availability of snacks, sweet foods etc... none of my grandparents were fat, they all loved their food,but weren't presented by the vast array of convenience foods, and the excess that we have now. Sweets were a rare treat, not part of the daily diet, and seconds were a luxury...

I remember reading somewhere about how a little excess on a regular basis, eg. a daily snack, can amount to several stones of weight going on over a few years. I think it was something like two digestive biscuits a day, eaten on top of an adequate diet, amounted to three or four stone over five years - so a single (modest) daily snack can clearly make the difference between being a healthy weight and being obese, over the long term...

Here is some info about this small daily excess problem -
You may feel that you don't eat a lot, and think that your weight problems must be caused
by something else, such as a slow metabolism. But you can only become obese by eating
more calories than your body uses. Unfortunately, you only have to eat slightly more
calories than you use to put on weight. If you ate just 100 extra calories (one-and-a-half
biscuits a day, you would put on 4 kilograms (nearly 9 pounds) in a year.
http://bestpractice.bmj.com/best-practice/pdf/patient-summaries/556120.pdf

so, if 2 digestives = 150 cals, that would put on almost a stone a year... and reducing daily caloris intake by 150 cals a day would equal losing a stone a year... small changes can clearly make a big difference over the long term!

Last edited:
No Snacks is easiest way to lose weight

I started cutting out snacks a few weeks ago after hearing on embarrassing fat bodies (channel 4) that just cutting out 1 snack like a single walnut whip could make you lose 1 stone in a year.

I just stick to breakfast, lunch and dinner and will only have an occassional snack at the weekend. I still drink alcohol and go out for dinner but am finding it rather easy. So far I have lost 10lbs and feel so much better. Only 6 stone to go LOL

I am a classic binge eater and have tried weight watchers and slimming world but hate counting and the can't have this, can't have that so just no snacks works for me. I don't even crave snacks anymore. If I do it's normally a few squares of the Lindt Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Chocolate or a Mini Ben and Jerry's.

Doesn't even feel like a diet and I have very normal meals and a proper sized dinner every day.

:D

Back