Consolidation The not so very secret diary of Atropos, 11 &1/2

There was a piece in the Evening standard last night about how much effort a columnist went to for a week in the sun (wax, pedicure, manicure, hair cut) all for the standard compliment to the over 30s - "you look well"

Oh well.

Didn't get home til 10.30 last night, debating whether to eat at all (nothing ready to eat in the fridge, alas).

So I dry fried some tiny chicken strips with a dust of seasoning - very nice indeed.

And so passes my first PP day on conso, without a slip (I hope).

And only a day to my first gala - dinner at the Glasshouse in Kew.

Just a happy coincidence that the end of my first week co-incides with the first big dinner out with friends since February, it wasn't planned that way at all.

Sounds like a timely celebration to me! The Glasshouse is great. Let us know what you have, so we can drool a bit!

Survived the week - today is day 8 of conso, and there has been no leap upwards on the scales.

Or rather - there was, on tuesday, but pp thursday stopped that dead in its tracks and the dial shot back down below the weight I'm trying to consolidate at, which I suppose is exactly what pp thursday is for!

Celebrated with an egg sandwich (mashed boiled egg on wholemeal), which means I have oatbran for latter (just thought - I better make biscuits, or I won't eat the oatbran at all today!)

Note to self: Do NOT make enough biscuits for two days. You do not have the willpower to resist a little box of biscuits sitting on the counter squeaking "eat me, eat me" in teeny tiny oatbranny voices.

End of note

[licks crumbs off lips and tries to look innocent]

Note to self: Do NOT make enough biscuits for two days. You do not have the willpower to resist a little box of biscuits sitting on the counter squeaking "eat me, eat me" in teeny tiny oatbranny voices.

End of note

Completely and utterly the story of my life. So you're not alone!

I never understand how people can have things like...half eaten packs of maltesers lying around!

Well - my first gala was utterly upstaged by one of the most gloriously silly and stirring episodes of Doctor Who EVAR.

I've clearly been Dukanised; I passed up the chance to dip into the lovely looking basket of home cooked bread, and stuck to two glasses of wine.

I did winble over the deserts - the waitress talked we into having the apple icecream sundae - almost as good as Amy Pond's baby dissolving into goo.

Back to pv today - I have a meatloaf and celeriac chips in the oven.

Completely and utterly the story of my life. So you're not alone!

I never understand how people can have things like...half eaten packs of maltesers lying around!

I'm certainly learning which things I can safely leave in the house and which I have to ban.

Chocolate doesn't seem to be the trigger (I know, I know - heresy!) but I can't resist crunchiness, so opened bags of crisps and chips are LETHAL.

Atropos - I'm delighted to read that things are going so well in Conso. :D

Bleurgh! Rain.

Now, I love summer rain, me - I love the smell of fresh wet leaves and the earth is just going to slurp this water up and turn it into lush salads and berried.

But still - I'm damp, and cold, and - just bleugh!

In other news - I was awak at 4am, and fiinally, after several years of puzzlement, I got my email settings to work properly and hide the gmail smtp server, which was making my professional emails look, well, unprofessional.

Now that I'm consolidating (3 weeks in, and still at goal - woot!) I need to find a suitable shaping class to flatten my tum and waist. Pilates and/or aqua-aerobics I think, but finding one that fits around long work hours and travel doesn't cost 3 times my electricity bill is going to be tough.

I'd love to try Zumba - but I have foot and ankle problems that have ruled out dance and running in the past, and after several years on and off crutches I'm a bit cautious...

Now that I'm consolidating (3 weeks in, and still at goal - woot!) I need to find a suitable shaping class to flatten my tum and waist. Pilates and/or aqua-aerobics I think, but finding one that fits around long work hours and travel doesn't cost 3 times my electricity bill is going to be tough.

I'd love to try Zumba - but I have foot and ankle problems that have ruled out dance and running in the past, and after several years on and off crutches I'm a bit cautious...

As long as you initially attend classes in order to get the techniques right, there are some fantastic Pilates DVDs around (I rate the Stott ones very highly). These are ideal for fitting in with your life and working hours as you can pop them into the player and use them whenever the time is convenient.

Back