The nutter who started LL 4 wks before Xmas!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Size10wannabe, 3 December 2007 Social URL.

1. Size10wannabe

Size10wannabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.74%)
    Well hello everyone! What a friendly supportive place this is :D

After years and years of my weight yo-yoing and my eating addition pretty much ruling how I lead my life, I decided to join LL.

Having completely decided to do it right there, right then only to be told the next foundation class in my area was not until Jan, I decided that I couldn't wait. I bought some food packs from E bay (I know - not the done thing.. but heck i was desperate!) and at the same time signed up for the Jan class.

So here I am, 1 week in.. 1 stone lighter nearly, on my own for support until January when the class starts. Sooo I think you may be hearing alot from me !

Love this forum.. looking forward to getting to know you all better over the coming slog .. err months.

God knows how I am going to make it through xmas day eating milk shakes and soups..!!

Catch you later..

PS anyone know where you can buy those ketosis sticks that they use in class each week?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

welcome. i bought ketosis sticks from my local pharmacy (not even a boots) - but if you have lost almost one stone in a week then you could safely assume you are in ketosis!

I think people are mad to pay ebay prices (and it encourages people to charge the high prices if people continue buying them - plus you might be paying for out of date packs) however, I do understand that burning urge to just get started. When you are ready, you are ready and that is one draw back of LL, that you have to wait until a group starts. I was chomping at the bit when I only had to wait a week!

Keep going and it is good to hear you are so motivated - and that you are getting the positive reinforcement of a great first week loss.

4. Conn76

Conn76 Full Member

5. Size10wannabe

Size10wannabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.74%)
    oo cool thanks very much.. ketosis sticks now ordered :)

Yeah definately would not recommend going down the e bay route to buy food packs.. it cost a bomb and no guarantee of how fresh etc. I was desperate and will be glad when the class starts in Jan!!

6. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I bought a week's pack off Ebay before I started to keep as spares and paid £76 inc p&p, but recently I bought another week's pack as spares and swaps with a friend, and only paid £53 inc p&p. Two packs were near the end date (which I knew before I purchased), but the other 26 were fine.

I wouldn't recommend that people buy from Ebay as I think the classes are the key to changing how you thing about food once you have it again - but you can occasionally get some good deals. My friend is doing it totally alone, never pays more than £66 inc p&p and has about 6 months worth by now.

The only things that REALLY fetch ridiculous prices are the new bars and the water flavourings!!!

7. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Size 10, good luck with your life-changing LL journey!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.