The one thing I hate about losing weight....

Caz

Repeat Offender
... shrining out of my clothes!! I mean yeah it's great, and part of me loves it, but it's going to break my bank balance!! I only just bought size 22 jeans about 2 weeks ago and they're starting to get loose already! So in a couple of weeks I'll probably be down another size. My wardrobe is tiny at the moment! Went to get dressed this morning and had practically nothing to choose from as it was all in the wash after holiday! Think I might have to buy a few bits!

My plan is buy clothes as cheap as poss - like Primark and Tesco for jeans etc. Tbh i live in black leggins with a long shirt or tunic these days - the tunics dont look too bad when you lose weight.

Just think how great itll be getting a whole new wardrobe when your at goal :)

Yup, that's my thinking about a goal wardrobe, which is I guess why I don't want to spend loads on anything now! I haven't actually looked at Tescos clothes, Primark only go up to an 18 from what I've seen so not quite there yet. Though I'm sure they used to go up to 22!

asda is quite cheap too they sell some plain black bootcut pants for a fiver and they are comfy and wash well x

tell me about it, I have size 20 stuff that I didn't even get chance to de tage before i was too small for them.

Currently wearing a size 16 but i think i may be hopping down to a 14 in the next few weeks

Doesn't it feel fab tho!!!! I get a lot of stuff on ebay, and sell my bigger stuff too. So what I get for my old stuff I spend on my new stuff yippeeeeee!!!! xxxx

I thought about the ebay thing but to be honest haven't been able to find much on there at all so far!

I love this "problem" when clothes get to big. I have only gone down one size, but it felt great putting it out on our equivalent to Eba and auction them away! I can't wait until I will sell of the next size on there :).

I don't think I have to spend that much money on smaller stuff, I have a couple of sizes stored away, ready to pull out once I get smaller. In my goal size box I have some really nice clothes, and I can't wait until I am there!

Hope it will be soon :).

Hi, isn't it a great problem to have!

I started at a 22/24 and am now down to a 16 (and occasional 14 in tops). When I first started to drop the sizes I went mad buying stuff and quickly realised that it was going to be expensive.

I now accept clothes donations from colleagues who have also lost weight, have also taken in some work skirts and my fave new past-time is charity shops. I've found some great bargains recently. The other week I saw a dress in Wallis £25 but thought it wasn't for me as it was not my usual style. Later that day I saw the exact same dress in a charity shop for £4.99 and so bought it. It fits fantastic and I feel great in it especially because it's something a bit different to what I would normally wear. I would never have dared to try it had I not seen it at a considerably lower price in the charity shop.

Give it a go, it's great fun and once you start getting those bargains it can be quite addictive.

Hi Caroline,

I know what you mean!! It is frustrating. I too have a limited amount in my wardrobe. But I invested in a belt for now to keep trousers from falling down! lol

I plan on hitting the shops BIG time when i'm at goal :)

Oh by the way, I noticed on your signature you say you lost 1lb during your week away - I thought you'd told me you had put on 8lb??? Cos I remember saying when you get back on it you'll prob loose that in a week.

Hugs x x x

i'm feeling your pain hun! Hugs!
I have had to sort through my wardrobe this morning and all my size 16 jeans are huge on me....and they are noticably huge so i cant even get a belt for them.....so i'm now having to go without! :(
I had bought a load of 16's on ebay...but even they are too big now so having to list them back on ebay which is good becuase the weight is coming off but sucks becuase i have so little choice of what to wear now! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Its worth keeping an eye on ebay hun as it will save you a fortune BUT its all in the right direction!
Rather being cross about clothes being to big than too small hay!
Stick with it.....your doing super! :)
xxxxx

Yeah, I did tell you that, that's what I thought! I weighed myself at home on my scales and they showed an 8lb gain, but then I weighed myself the next day and they showed I'd lost 1lb. My scales are extremely tempramental at times and so I figured it was being silly because I can't have lost 1lb and so figured I must have gained 8lbs. But then I went for my WI with my CDC on her lovely accurate scales and I had indeed lost 1lb!

I definitely need a belt! I have belts, but they're all too big now!!!

I've discovered that Asda sell their clothes online... I might start using them! I'd never even thought to look there before I went on holiday and found that they went up to quite big sizes.

I've just looked at Asda's size guide... I think I love them!! They look like they'll be the best fitted jeans for me ever. Normally I find they're loose around the waist as I have largeish hips, but with George stuff I'm the same size in hips and waist, rather than 1 or even 2 apart like I am in some places!

wow, a 1lb loss is very lucky (not sure how!!!) Think I might try eating and drinking alcohol all week - i'd be happy with a 1lb loss. LOL

Just wanted to add Peacocks are great for low price fashion and have sizes up to 20/22.

Back