The penalties for slipping...

John F

Thought some people might find this interesting.

Obviously there are going to be differences in the way we all react to the Lipotrim program, but somethings we can say with relative confidence.

For example, it will take between 3-5 days for ketosis to kick in. Or that your first weeks weight loss will be glycogen and water, and your second week will just be fat.

Well, going over my diary notes of the three times I've attempted lipotrim, I came up with the following : The effect that cheating has on ketosis.

Having a light healthy dinner : Knocked me out of ketosis. Took a full 24 hours to get back into ketosis. No noticeable weight gain.

Having a large binge-worthy dinner : Knocked me out of ketosis. Took 40 hours to get back into ketosis. Put on 2lbs, which came off by the time ketosis kicked in. (Obviously glycogen/water weight.)

Two days in a row with regular dinner :
Knocked me out of ketosis. (Duh) Put on 4.5lbs. Took 4 days to get back into ketosis. Took 6 days total to lose that 4.5lbs and get back to starting weight. (Making the week essentially a zero-loss week.)

So when you're thinking about slipping, or giving in to temptation, remember :
1) Some people find it really hard to get back on the program after even a minor slip.
2) It will knock you out of ketosis, possibly for days.
3) Even as little as two dinners make up for the entire rest of the week in terms of weight lost.

So is it really worth it?

Good advice John. I'm determined not to slip cos I know I will be one that finds it really hard to get back on it.

thanks for that advice John. I am only on day 11 and i am feeling really down!! Cant seem to get my mood up, doesnt help that i have just been shopping for clothes for a wedding and had a lovely reminder of just why i am doing LT!! I bought a dress in a purplish colour and i looked like an aubergine!!!!!
But reading your post , i dont want to slip as i know i will never go on it again!!
x

i AGREE STICK WITH IT. xx

Thanks for the advice. I have to admit i have never cheated (but i am only on week 4), however I have felt very close a couple of times. I just hope i can stay strong as only on this for 6 weeks as i have to get measured for my wedding dress. Good luck everyone - you know you can do it! xx

good advice pal

i had a look through the paperwork they gave me last week and it says,

'you cannot use sugar free chewing gums, sprays, mints etc because the low carbohydrate level of the diet is critical to maintain ketosis, it is very important not to eat or drink anything else or add anything to your daily servings of lipotrim formula'

(re your chewing gum question) :)

oh dear i HAVE 2 slip out 4 2 days!!! its my 21st birthday in 2 weeks n as much i luv loosing weight i refuse 2 miss out on my big 21st. im havin a small meal wiv my family on the friday then a big night out wich will contain ALOT of alcohol ( i kno i kno that will pile on pounds ) but hey im only 21 once i dnt mind puttin on a few pounds that week!! x

Er, I used gum all the while through both lipotrim and lighterlife and always lost on average 5 pounds per week...I guess everyone is different, but having that awful breath was just a no no for me and the gum didn't make any difference whatsoever, but I didn't have anything else extra and only drank water, no diet drinks, etc...

Stef2009 if you stick to spirits you will be okay...they are burnt off before you burn the body fat off (so weight loss will be stalled until the alcohol is used as energy) and aren't stored as glycogen...unlike lager, beer and ale, etc...

oh cooooool so dya meen like sambuca n vodka?? cos thats wot i drink! few alcopops aswell tho i kno ther full of calories!! x

also i dnt stop dancin all nite ( litrally ) so im burnin it off ther 2 yeahh!!

Stef, drinking alcohol while on LT is actually *dangerous*.
Have you spoken to your GP/Pharmacist about it?

Oh my word! Who told one this?! Sorry...If alcohol is dangerous on a diet, then it is dangerous whenever...blimey...alcohol is calories, calories are fuel...whether you consme those alcoholic calories with or without food makes no difference...most people who binge drink don't tend to eat much before...I think I am going to shake my head and walk away here...I'm not saying go and binge drink and undo all the hard work, etc, but it is the person's 21st birthday...all alcohol is is extra calories, not poison unless really really overdone to the max...

Am I the only one who is UNDERreacting here?! Alcohol dangerous?!?!?!!?

Alcohol and LT

Stef, drinking alcohol while on LT is actually *dangerous*.
Have you spoken to your GP/Pharmacist about it?

Hi John
Whats this about alcohol and danger. I personally don't need to be concerned as I havn't touched any but others appear rather uncertain. :)

Oh my word! Who told one this?! Sorry...If alcohol is dangerous on a diet, then it is dangerous whenever...blimey...alcohol is calories, calories are fuel...whether you consme those alcoholic calories with or without food makes no difference...most people who binge drink don't tend to eat much before...I think I am going to shake my head and walk away here...I'm not saying go and binge drink and undo all the hard work, etc, but it is the person's 21st birthday...all alcohol is is extra calories, not poison unless really really overdone to the max...

Am I the only one who is UNDERreacting here?! Alcohol dangerous?!?!?!!?

It's people like you who frustrate the hell out of me. :mad: Well meaning, but ignorant.

This is not a regular diet, okay? And all calories are not the same.

Alcohol is processed by the liver, and the liver uses its normal amount of glycogen stores to assist this filtration.

If you are on LT, your liver no longer has any glycogen. So drinking alcohol is DANGEROUS.

Don't just take my word for it. Check with your GP or pharmacist.
====================
DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!

Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse.

This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.

A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood.

If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person can become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.

Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol.

Back