The price of fish

fifi70

Silver Member
As you may know I'm on week 3 of refeed, and have just been gobsmacked in Tesco's at the price of fish. I spotted a nice bit of smoked haddock and asked how much it was........£5.75p.......blooming eck!!:eek::eek::eek: I told her to cut it in half. My OH replied 'why don't you go back on the diet, it was sooo much cheaper.' I can't believe how much this healthy eating lark can be; but I suppose it's a small price to pay for remaining slim. Just thought I'd share.. Good luck to everyone with their weigh - ins, happy slimming. xx;)

Can you not go to any of those fish markets? They are usually cheaper when you buy a few and they are fresher.

know exactly what you mean hun - fish is sooo expensive. I went to sainsburys last week and they were nearly closing, got loads of stuff really reduced and I mean cheap! Lobbed it all in the freezer - bargain :)

As you may know I'm on week 3 of refeed, and have just been gobsmacked in Tesco's at the price of fish. I spotted a nice bit of smoked haddock and asked how much it was........£5.75p.......blooming eck!!:eek::eek::eek: I told her to cut it in half. My OH replied 'why don't you go back on the diet, it was sooo much cheaper.' I can't believe how much this healthy eating lark can be; but I suppose it's a small price to pay for remaining slim. Just thought I'd share.. Good luck to everyone with their weigh - ins, happy slimming. xx;)

Bury market is the place to go for fish (no pun intended) The main market is open Weds, Fri, Sat but the fish and meat market is open Monday - Saturday, you can buy a whole salmon for £6.00 and the will clean it, head and tail it and fillet it all for you - trout is £1.00 each etc. Chicken breasts are about £5.00 for 8:D

I'm sure Tracy J will agree - and all other Buryites:D

Bury market is the place to go for fish (no pun intended) The main market is open Weds, Fri, Sat but the fish and meat market is open Monday - Saturday, you can buy a whole salmon for £6.00 and the will clean it, head and tail it and fillet it all for you - trout is £1.00 each etc. Chicken breasts are about £5.00 for 8:D

I'm sure Tracy J will agree - and all other Buryites:D

OOOhhhhh i LOVE Bury market!! not a big fan of fish, apart from prawns and salmon.....love love love chicken tho!!! Cant wait to go there after i am at my goal!! Will treat myself to salmon and BBQ it!!! mmmmm! xxx

smoked haddock is one of the more expensive fish,cheaper are salmon, trout, plaice,sole,you can get smoked mackeral in packs from most supermarkets i like them fried in fry light until the outside is crisy served with salad and cherry tomatoes uumm delicious also the frozen youngs smoked haddock in bags are good value xxx

Try morrisons FI much nicer and cheaper than tesco's and loads more choice to ...i was gob smacked when i first went in (usually shop at Asda!, not anymore)

Any good fish recipes? I have the freezer stocked with cod, seabass, monk fish and tuna for my refeed wk starting Tues

NO WAY donner meat is alive, god the thought of that being true is disgusting, how do you know that lillie?

NO WAY donner meat is alive, god the thought of that being true is disgusting, how do you know that lillie?
i saw a documentary on it a while ago ,you see i was a kebab addict and had to put myslf off them and the crap that goes in them is unthinkable x

i saw a documentary on it a while ago ,you see i was a kebab addict and had to put myslf off them and the crap that goes in them is unthinkable x
Well, i supposed they are ok if you like scabby dog and mangy cat!!!! lol

haha this mouse is never going near a donner kebab ever again so thanks lillie.

ewwww i watched the sauage one...not eaten one since yuk yuk yuk yuk
Make everything fresh...that way you know whats going into it!!!!

Back