The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Morning gang, happy Friday. Woop woop!! It feels like it's been such a long week this week, so happy for it to be the weekend. And a nice long one at that! Shame the weather is going to be pretty naff, but hey. It's an extra day off from work nontheless :)

Anyone got anything nice planned for the weekend? I'm not really up to much. Warren's on nights tonight - 7pm until 7am. Yikes!! So will just be tea, a nice bath and then an early night for me I think. Will be stopping at his Saturday and Sunday though. We're planning on getting a chinese one of those nights (I'll get chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice) and just catching up on some more of Breaking Bad. It's really frustrating it because I really want to watch more and more of it, but because we're watching it together and he works these funny shifts it's taking us quite a while to get through. We'll be on the third episode of the second season - hoping we can watch quite a few more over the weekend!

Still going strong with this back on plan craic! And really feeling better for it too. My scales are also feeling the benefits as I was again 11st 1.5lb this morning - as apposed to 11st 5.5lb when I last got weighed at group. Would love to drop another 2lb by weigh in on Tuesday to put me back in the 10's, but we shall see!

Anyway, this is how today is looking...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Weetabix (HExB) topped with a sliced Banana, Raspberries (SS), Blueberries and Milk (HExA)

Lunch:
- Mini Vegetable (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S)) Quiches served with 3 x Quorn Low Fat Sausages (S) and Baked Beans (SS)
- Caffe Nero Regular Cappuccino made with Skimmed Milk and a shot of Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup (2.5 Syns)
- Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (4.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Chicken and Pepper Risotto (Chicken Breast (S), Peppers (S), Onion (S), Risotto Rice, Stock and Tesco Healthy Living Cottage Cheese with Sweet Chilli) served with Mixed Leaves (S)
- Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt

Other:
- 2 x Weetabix Milk Chocolate Smashem Oaty Bar (7 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: 2 x Weetabix

Daily Syns: 14 / 15
Weekly Syns: 44 / 105

Last edited:
Hi Stevie - sounds like a lovely chilled weekend you've got planned!

Great to see you making packed lunches on IG! I always remember you were never really a fan, what converted you? xxx

Mostly the fact that I am TOTALLY skint at the moment and can't afford to buy lunches like I normally do lol! I am enjoying them though. Just tucking into my quiches, sausages and beans now. Mmmm xxx

Haha love the fact that you're eating what you are because you're skint!

Lovely weekend ahead by the sounds of it.

Still haven't got hubs into watching breaking bad, but must do as I really want to see it!

Hope works going ok, and have a lovely evening xx

Hey stevie, do you put any cheese in your little quiche's?

Haha love the fact that you're eating what you are because you're skint!

Lovely weekend ahead by the sounds of it.

Still haven't got hubs into watching breaking bad, but must do as I really want to see it!

Hope works going ok, and have a lovely evening xx

Haha! Champagne lifestyle the first two weeks of the month (M&S salads for lunch) and lager lifestyle the rest of it (leftovers!) LOL :D

I'm really into BB at the moment, like I so can't wait to watch another episode. You definitely need to persuade hubs!

Have a lovely weekend too xx

Hey stevie, do you put any cheese in your little quiche's?

I didn't this time, as I was using milk for my HExA today and begrudge using Syns on cheese lol! But have done in the past. Makes them even more scrummy :) xx

I'm a weird creature and don't really like cheese, but never thought of making quiche as they usually have some sort of cheese in them. I'm definitely going to be on to this quiche making I think.
Have a lovely weekend by the way, and also, breaking bad gets much better as the seasons go on!! I got bored in season one but addicted again now. We've taken a break from them now though whilst 24 season 8 is on tv.

I'm a weird creature and don't really like cheese, but never thought of making quiche as they usually have some sort of cheese in them. I'm definitely going to be on to this quiche making I think.
Have a lovely weekend by the way, and also, breaking bad gets much better as the seasons go on!! I got bored in season one but addicted again now. We've taken a break from them now though whilst 24 season 8 is on tv.

It's funny isn't it!? I'm really enjoying it and not finding I'm bored at all, even though we're only just into the second season. Yet my colleague at work is watching it too and is just a couple of episodes ahead of us, yet she's really bored with it! She's giving it until the end of the season and then if it doesn't pick up she's not going to bother with it any more. All personal preference I guess!

What's 24 about then? I've heard of it briefly but it's not something I've ever watched. I used to really be into Prison Break and Lost, but Breaking Bad is the first big series I've watched in years!

It's funny isn't it!? I'm really enjoying it and not finding I'm bored at all, even though we're only just into the second season. Yet my colleague at work is watching it too and is just a couple of episodes ahead of us, yet she's really bored with it! She's giving it until the end of the season and then if it doesn't pick up she's not going to bother with it any more. All personal preference I guess!

What's 24 about then? I've heard of it briefly but it's not something I've ever watched. I used to really be into Prison Break and Lost, but Breaking Bad is the first big series I've watched in years!
Oh tell her it picks up!!!
It's amazingly good!
I remember being like you and desperate to watch it all the time but had to wait for when hubby was free too!!!
We have the box set (best Xmas present ever he said :)) and we are considering watching it all over again, it's that good!

Oh tell her it picks up!!!
It's amazingly good!
I remember being like you and desperate to watch it all the time but had to wait for when hubby was free too!!!
We have the box set (best Xmas present ever he said :)) and we are considering watching it all over again, it's that good!

Oooh that's good to know!! The last one we watched is the one where Hank and Tuco have a shoutout. And the guy with the bell lol! I am totally hooked at the moment. And really really liking Jesse! I read a few reviews once and quite a few people were complaining saying they didn't feel any of the characters were likeable and couldn't really warm to them. But I think Jesse is so vulnerable and I just really feel for him at times!

I bought a boxset with seasons 1-3 in for like £20 in HMV. So once we've watched these, or are getting closer to the end I'm gonna buy the rest. That could be a long time yet though lol!! Warren and his bloody shifts, who does he think he is eh!? Keeping me away from Breaking Bad :rolleyes:

24 is just brilliant, its based on secret service in america, and is mainly around one special agent and what he gets up to, but it is very addictive!! And you just learn to love the characters. When we see the actors in anything else now, we call them by there names from 24 lol

Breaking bad definitely picks up, you'll be even more addicted once you get to season 3 lol

Morning gang, happy Saturday!

Feels so strange to be waking up at home this morning. I hate stopping at home on a weekend, they're meant to be spent with Warren. Boooo!! Nevermind, he has just text this morning to say he's finished work and home. Is going for a sleep now and then will text me later on when he's alive and kicking lol!

Not really sure what I'm going to do with my day today. I've been awake since about 7am but I'm still just laid in bed lol. There's nothing on TV so I think I'm going to stick a DVD on. Fancying some Indiana Jones - old school or what ;) I think I'll just have a nice slow day. Watch my film, get up and have a nice long bath, make something for lunch, etc.

Warren and I have decided to have a "treat" tonight - within Syns for me of course! We're going to get a Chinese takeout to have whilst we watch Breaking Bad. Yum!! It's ages since I've had one. Going to keep the rest of my Syns for a little WW ice cream afterwards too and save my HExB for until then too! Very excited (sad or what!?) :D

Anyway, this is how today is looking food-wise...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Banana
- Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Strawberry Greek Yogurt

Lunch:
- Bacon topped with Cheese (½ HExA), 3 x Quorn Low Fat Sausages (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Onion (S), Cherry Tomatoes (S) and Baked Beans (SS)

Dinner (Chinese Takeout):
- 360g Chicken in Black Bean Sauce (5 Syns) served with Boiled Rice and 5 x Prawn Crackers (1.5 Syns)
- Weight Watchers Chocolate and Honeycomb Mini Pot Swirl (5 Syns)

Other:
- Weetabix Milk Chocolate Smashem Oaty Bar (3.5 Syns)
- Milk in Coffees (½ HExA)
- Peanut Heaven HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 15g Red Leicester & 125ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 15 / 15
Weekly Syns: 59 / 105

Last edited:
I didn't realise chicken in black bean sauce was so good!? Definitely what I'll have from the Chinese now I know. I usually have something chow meiny.

Oooo that sounds lovely. Not watched Breaking Bad before but see u have mentioned it a few times. It's pouring with rain here so I'm trying to get enough motivation to go to the gym in next hour or so.
Have a lovely day xxxx

I didn't realise chicken in black bean sauce was so good!? Definitely what I'll have from the Chinese now I know. I usually have something chow meiny.

It was my favourite before I even joined slimming world, so I was super excited when I found out it was so low! 360g is a good sized portion too!

Afternoon PS :), your foodage sounds fab hun. Hope you enjoy your evening with Warren and your Chinese. I love Chinese food and black bean is one of my fav's too :D xx

Back